News and Notes: Updated between Games

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators
14 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

In all seriousness I hope you have a great experience at the game tonight Mac. Really stinks that Trae is out I know he was your boy from the start through the draft process. 

!  I actually didn't have tix and was saying after the game that the crowd got to see one of the better games (halfs) of the year.  Hell i went to the pistons game and I would have much preferred this one.  

• Sad 4

47 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

!  I actually didn't have tix and was saying after the game that the crowd got to see one of the better games (halfs) of the year.  Hell i went to the pistons game and I would have much preferred this one.  

I totally thought you went to this game. Ya it turned out to be a good one for us.

8 hours ago, kg01 said:

Hawks 4-7 in 2020 (5-7 if you go back to 12/30) with really only 2 games where we just didn't show (one of which was without Trae).

If we'd truly went young at the start of the season instead of tryna fool with these trassh vets ...

#F_U_Evan_Turncoat

Most coaches has this vet prefferred weakness. Bud did for sure but I was hoping LD was better than that since he knew it was a youth movement when he walked in the door. My hope went out the window the 1st full month of the season as he constantly played Bembry and Vince way to many minutes.

Posted this in the wrong thread earlier. Might not actually see a matchup against Steven Adams tonight or if we do it may be limited. At the very least though we will have an audition for Noel. 

On the Thunder side, Steven Adams is listed as questionable with a left ankle sprain and Terrance Ferguson is out for personal reasons. Adams’ availability will be big in determining expectations, as Oklahoma City relies heavily on the veteran for his two-way impact.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, AHF said:

We've had our best 6 players like 0 days this season.

And even worse, not counting Teague, our 6 best players are pretty much our only good players lol. We don’t have the depth to make up for this kind of stuff. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I've gotta look up Nueritis...that's a first for me.

Is that why he misses bunnies? Might want to check Len's hands too. Lol.

Petrified stone?😀

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

We always mention John Collin's 25 game absence but nobody brings up the fact that Jabari has been out all but 1 game since Collins came back.

Jabari easily was our best player after Trae and John

Imagine if we had both Collins AND Parker all season, there is no doubt we would have a much better record.

A lineup of  Trae, Any 2 wings, Parker and Collins would be consistently more competitive than what we have been forced to put out on the court.

We have under performed yes, but missing 2 of your top 3 guys all season would sink any team in this league

If Parker were playing, we'd be 0-12 instead of 5-7 in 2020.

He gives up more than he gets.  His absence is addition by subtraction.  No, it's exponemtial multiplication by subtraction.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, kg01 said:

He gives up more than he gets.

Agree, if his minutes are limited to about twenty or less and they are all at PF there is a chance he breaks even with the +/-.