• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

News and Notes: Updated between Games

JayBirdHawk

54 minutes ago, High5 said:

Maybe Schlenk will look at someone like Jae Crowder in FA. He's one of those passionate, vocal players. He's also a local guy. Not my favorite player, but 2020 is slim pickings. 

Never thought I'd say it, but ... #BrangBakBaze2020

Brang 'im home, Schlank. 

• Haha 1

• Moderators
9 hours ago, kg01 said:

Never thought I'd say it, but ... #BrangBakBaze2020

Brang 'im home, Schlank. 

We actually can't trade for Baze if the article I posted a few minutes ago is correct.  Not that I am clamoring to do so.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I'd be shocked if we don't see Deadman back in volt soon.

Kings are said to be looking for value for him. I'd bring him back if Hawks get value for doing so. I don't think we should help Sac fix their offseason mistake for free.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Yeah the team clearly needs functional (on court, sorry Vince!) veteran leadership. I still think Schlenk made a huge mistake letting Baze, Dedmon, and prince go in the same offseason and bringing in unknowns. I'm not saying he should've kept all three of them, but you can't let that much veteran leadership go at once and maintain any continuity from last season. 

Dedmon is the only one I question and it had to be because Dedmon wanted the extra years (s). I understand the strategy, Schlenk is looking for more impactful players and tying up cap could harm that.

I do think Crabbe gets along withe everyone;. I am just gathering that by the reactions of other players when he is playing. Turner has been a pure disappointment leadership wise. I really thought his multiple stints on playoff teams would bring something to the table. Parsons was a total waste.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I said at the time of the trade 'I'd rather kerp the devil I know' in Baze that get punch face Turner. 😡

Its funny JAYBIRD but half the Portland board or more would like to have Turner back over Baze. Baze has been atrocious this year in Portland. He is averaging only 7.7 PTS with a .474 TS% in 25.6 Minutes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

We dumped three vets last year for various reasons and all three are a disappointment on their new teams.  Despite the fact that the replacements we got are terrible it shows that we know how to evaluate talent.  The replacements were strickly salary cap filler not talent acquisitions so I don't worry about that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

We dumped three vets last year for various reasons and all three are a disappointment on their new teams.  Despite the fact that the replacements we got are terrible it shows that we know how to evaluate talent.  The replacements were strickly salary cap filler not talent acquisitions so I don't worry about that. 

Turner and Crabbe were expected to contribute though. They've been duds.

• Like 3

• Moderators
3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Turner and Crabbe were expected to contribute though. They've been duds.

Oh no doubt but it's not like we set out to acquire those guys specifically.  It's just who was available to us in the dump of baze and prince.  So i'm not going to knock travis too much as far as talent eval goes because of those guys.