• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young - The Man, The Viper, and The Prosecution aka The MVP aka Ice Trae

NBASupes

13 hours ago, marco102 said:

It's not talked about alot, but Trae has been playing his ass off on the defensive side of the ball.  Great read and breakdown here. 

https://www.nba.com/news/hawks-knicks-game-4-analysis-trying-to-take-advantage-of-trae-young 

Great vid.  I try to point out all of his standout plays during the game.  This was the crux of my gripes with him during regular season play: just put your body and energy on the line to prevent being a liability.  Clearly that isn’t a priority during the regular season for him (and that’s fine, it’s likely an agreement between GM, trainers, and coaches), but it clearly is in the playoffs.  

If he’s anywhere near a neutral defender it maximizes the transition opportunities and we see this team looking like a circus that coaches simply can’t find an answer for.  There’s clearly a playoff intensity on that end I admit I didn’t think we’d see, and I owe him an apology as if he cares. I can’t question his will to win anymore as he simply isn’t taking plays off and realizing how he can help standout defenders like Clint and Dre be even better through simple communication, footwork, and active arms.  I don’t even mind the couple three point fouls he’s committed as he’s had other close outs that have affected shots and lead to a Hawks board.  Nate has been a godsend for Trae, marrying a toughness and accountability element to his ridiculous skill set.

His next step is to post multi-steal games, drawing a few more offensive fouls, and more 7-8 rebound games which were common during his ROTY push.  

And have y’all noticed his misses from three are of a much higher quality than in the past?  We’ve seen a fair share of airballs, bricks, and rim grazes that have no chance of being offensive rebounded.  Now his shot is producing more high bounces off the rim that John and Clint can grab or tip, or long caroms that Dre, Bogi, and Kevin hunt down.  When you combine his efficiency from 30 feet (!), the possibility of John or Clint having a putback (and possibly And 1), and the possibility of Bogi or Kevin getting a wide open look as the defense scrambles results in an insanely high PPP sequence.

Clearly our marksmen have been getting more reps up in practice under Nate.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
Just now, benhillboy said:

And have y’all noticed his misses from three are of a much higher quality than in the past?  We’ve seen a fair share of airballs, bricks, and rim grazes that have no chance of being offensive rebounded.  Now his shot is producing more high bounces off the rim that John and Clint can grab or tip, or long caroms that Dre, Bogi, and Kevin hunt down.  When you combine his efficiency from 30 feet (!), the possibility of John or Clint having a putback (and possibly And 1), and the possibility of Bogi or Kevin getting a wide open look as the defense scrambles results in an insanely high PPP sequence.

Clearly our marksmen have been getting more reps up in practice under Nate.

I think that might also be a product of the extra rest available for the playoffs.  He got a week to practice and rest before the playoffs started and then the playoffs are more spaced out than the regular season.  Fresher legs should mean more consistency in form.  

• Like 3

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Ugh why do I have ESPN on?  Here they are with the huge headline “The Next Curry?”  If you really break Trae down you’d see he’s his own man.  Love Steph to death but the passing gap is massive, same with off ball movement.  And Trae’s deep shots are more Dame-like.  Them people lazy man.

Hes a better nash 

Well minus the free throws

4 minutes ago, HawkingAwesome said:

Hes a better nash 

Well minus the free throws

Yeah definitely some Nash DNA.  He takes  and makes shots Nash wouldn’t dream of tho.  I can’t recall Nash abusing the floater either.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, benhillboy said:

Yeah definitely some Nash DNA.  He takes  and makes shots Nash wouldn’t dream of tho.  I can’t recall Nash abusing the floater either.

Trae also said nash is his favorite player or was not sure after the "thats not basketball" stuff, but yeah thats who hes playing as as a kid.