• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young - The Man, The Viper, and The Prosecution aka The MVP aka Ice Trae

NBASupes

3 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

As a late 80s baby, Trae better than all of em

Eh . . . I don't know about Isiah.

Even though I hated this dude, this is still one of the greatest playoff performances I've ever seen.  You have to have skill, and be extremely mentally and physically tough, to pull this off.

As for the rest, I'd definitely take him over Iverson, Hardaway, and KJ.

Cousy and Nate I didn't see, outside of old clips.  Cousy couldn't shoot though.  Nate was a pure scorer/high assist man like Trae.

Hard to take Trae over prime CP3, although maybe the biggest flaw in his game is that he didn't take over the game enough from a scoring standpoint.

• Like 1

One thought crossed my mind before turning in. Could you imagine if we meshed all time Hawks and Trae played with Nique. :aaa:

@Thomas I mean.. that just wouldn’t be fair. We never had that second guy though. Like the Sixers would mesh Charles Barkley and have him play with Iverson. But this Trae/Nique fantasy seems more the deliciousness on the menu, it would mesh whereas AI and CB would both need the ball more. Trae really gives even our imagination versatility. Bless that man! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kg01 said:

I'm over it, kind of.  Still .... ain't it grand how Trae putting up numbers while losing diminished his stock.  But the Maverick does it and folks still forecast titles for him.  Weird

Well, that Maverick will absolutely not get one of those titles this year. lol

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Pretty typical 'mea culpa' from the media though.   Let's be honest, Trae was always great and many refused to recognize it.   What he's done is learned the NBA game really well and really quickly, but it's not like he's developed some elite skill that he didn't already have 3 years ago.   It was obvious in college and folks refused to recognize it because they have a narrow vision of what an nba superstar is supposed to look like.  

He led the nation in points and assists as a freshmen. It's kind of mindboggling how he became underrated, consider Marvin was a consensus top 2 pick the year we drafted him and he barely averaged double figures.

• Like 4

Eventually it was bound to happen. An ESPN writer complimented Trae. It wasn't over the topper maybe not even intended as nice but a strong compliment just the same.

There's no right way to guard Young, only a menu of bad options.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Thomas said:

Well, that Maverick will absolutely not get one of those titles this year. lol

Odd that the dude many say is the best player in the game doesn't have to 'prove it' with wins.

And, to be clear, I'm not saying he has to win a title to justify the lofty opinions people have.  People can believe what they want.  I'm merely illustrating the hypocrisy with how people require Young to win an undisclosed amount before believing he's any good.

• Like 4

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Odd that the dude many say is the best player in the game doesn't have to 'prove it' with wins.

And, to be clear, I'm not saying he has to win a title to justify the lofty opinions people have.  People can believe what they want.  I'm merely illustrating the hypocrisy with how people require Young to win an undisclosed amount before believing he's any good.

He doesn't even have to be clutch.  Dude took the most 4 quarter shots in the playoffs of anyone in the nba and shot 35% on them.  that's #1 in FGA, #25 in points in the 4th quarter.   

• Like 1

I've been thinking about why Luka vs Trae is a thing that people won't let go.  After some reflection I almost think it needs to be embraced just because it is on an unprecedented trajectory. 
Two players of their caliber getting traded for each other in the same draft class.  It would be like Jordan getting traded for Olajuwon, Magic for Bird, or Melo for Wade.  It's unusual for two players of their caliber to go in the first 5 picks, but traded for each other?  Has that ever happened?

• Like 4

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

I've been thinking about why Luka vs Trae is a thing that people won't let go.  After some reflection I almost think it needs to be embraced just because it is on an unprecedented trajectory. 
Two players of their caliber getting traded for each other in the same draft class.  It would be like Jordan getting traded for Olajuwon, Magic for Bird, or Melo for Wade.  It's unusual for two players of their caliber to go in the first 5 picks, but traded for each other?  Has that ever happened?

The 2 i can remember off hand:

Penny and Webber

Vince and Antoine Jamison.

• Like 3