• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young - The Man, The Viper, and The Prosecution aka The MVP aka Ice Trae

NBASupes

1 minute ago, ATLHawks3 said:

I am of the opinion that season awards should count the post season as well. 

It kinda does, just not for the current year.

It's why I said Trae's current postseason is making his case for next year's team.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

I just wonder how many more years it's going to take for people to realize Trae is every bit a good as Doncic, if not better. 

I give it two. It'll take Dallas "building" around him two more times and maybe Carlisle getting fired before everyone realizes he's not making his teammates better despite the stats. That's not really a knock on him as much as the the type of offense Dallas is running. Averaging a near triple double is great until you get gassed in the 4th quarter. Then you want the teammates you relegated to being ball watchers and spot up shooters to flip the switch and become playmakers and save the day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, ATLHawks3 said:

I am of the opinion that season awards should count the post season as well. 

I agree or at least name the winners immediately after the regular season. I don’t understand why they wait so long to make the announcements. 

No Hawk made it.  Why should they?  History at the time of voting showed that, up to that time, Atlanta's Hawk team wasn't very good.  Check the record.

What makes any of us believe that any Hawk makes the next one?  Listen to the national media.  Most will tell us that we've got this far, not because we are good, but because the other teams have slipped up.  Sure, we get a lot of praise as the game is going on.  Later, not nearly as much.

We Squawk posters know.  National media don't really believe.  Not like we do.  We are now known as an up and coming team.  Someone who might be good in the future.  But, not really right now.  We are 2-2 in the second round.  We win 2 very close games.  We are blown away in 2 games.  National media talk about our 2 losses as expected and the close wins as an "Oops" by our opponent.

I will not really be too upset if we have no players masking it next year.  Squawk posters don't count.  We know what we have.  National media have stars in their eyes.  Stars on their favorite team that is not named the Atlanta Hawks....

:smug: