• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young - The Man, The Viper, and The Prosecution aka The MVP aka Ice Trae

NBASupes

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, AHF said:

Only if he makes a ton of finals and wins a bunch of rings like LeBron.  History will look on less kindly if he never makes the finals or never wins a ring.  Nobody talks about Charles Barkley in the GOAT debates.  LeBron's post-season track record put him in that conversation.

Bear in mind the only thing the media loves more than building up someone into a super exposed star is tearing them down.  Both generate lots of easy content and lots of clicks.  Things will turn if he doesn't win in the post-season.  (Even if he was never deserving of the degree of fawning he got - he is a legit star and deserves respect - and even if he isn't deserving of all the criticism and character assassination that comes when they tear it down).

You're right but for the foreseeable future he will be getting the benefit of the doubt like Lebron did his first couple of years (and frankly, Lebron's teams had actual bums, the Mavs have a solid roster).  People have anointed Luka as a generational talent and hall of famer before he's really made any noise other than media-voted awards.  He has good volume stats on ludicrously high usage, that's about all he has done so far.

Edited by JeffS17

Trae overall to me is this generations Isiah. Overall on and off the court.

The media has a love hate relationship with the guy. He was snubbed during his career for things that had nothing to do with his actual ability. He was a scrappy trash talker who guys hated to go against, small, underestimated, me against the world mentality, and delivered championships to a city that was starved for one and until then overlooked by the national spotlight.

Trae obviously has a different play style, but when you account for the generational evolution off the game I think it transcribes. Back then they could rough up guards more than they do now. Trae may not have been able to put up monster scoring, but his resolve and toughness would have found a way to impact winning the way Isiah was able to.

Edited by RedDawg#8
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Underrated not only his skill but also his toughness.  Said Trae is pound for pound one of the toughest players in the league.  Pompey agreed.

Lot's of people don't get this, not only mentally tough, but for as small as he is physically tough too, doesn't shy from contact. He embraces it.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Lot's of people don't get this, not only mentally tough, but for as small as he is physically tough too, doesn't shy from contact. He embraces it.

Dumbarse Eddie Johnson, in discussing the new rules today, said he was soooo happy Dwhine Coward ran over Trae on that one play.

Nevermind the fact that it wasn't an attempt to draw a tailgate foul.  It was just Dwhine being clumsy.

How stupid can a supposed expert be?

I hope ..... eh, I'm not gonna wish ill on the Suns (out loud).

• Like 1
  • Haha 3