• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young - The Man, The Viper, and The Prosecution aka The MVP aka Ice Trae

NBASupes

• Moderators

I think the argument for Kyrie revolves around scoring efficiency and how that drives his advanced metrics:

image.png

image.png

Looking at the BR figures you see:

Raw numbers:

Trae has assists per game

Kyrie has points per game, shooting %s, rebounds, steals, blocks and a/to ratio

Advanced:

Kyrie has WS, WS/48, BPM, VORP, PER (note that Kyrie's better scoring efficiency pushed him to better number both for metrics that are minute adjusted like ws/48 but also in total production numbers despite having missed more time)

Outside of actual numbers, I think people need to acknowledge how much easier it is to score efficiently when you are the third option for your team behind Durant and Harden.  (This was his career high fg% and TS% and he shot over 40% from 3pt range).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AHF said:

I think the argument for Kyrie revolves around scoring efficiency and how that drives his advanced metrics:

image.png

image.png

Looking at the BR figures you see:

Raw numbers:

Trae has assists per game

Kyrie has points per game, shooting %s, rebounds, steals, blocks and a/to ratio

Advanced:

Kyrie has WS, WS/48, BPM, VORP, PER (note that Kyrie's better scoring efficiency pushed him to better number both for metrics that are minute adjusted like ws/48 but also in total production numbers despite having missed more time)

Outside of actual numbers, I think people need to acknowledge how much easier it is to score efficiently when you are the third option for your team behind Durant and Harden.  (This was his career high fg% and TS% and he shot over 40% from 3pt range).

Don't gimme them raw nimbers he put up as the 3rd option most of the year.  Give the Hawks KD and Harden for most of the games Trae played and I'm sure his efficiency would look ... efficient. 🤔

• Moderators
Just now, kg01 said:

Don't gimme them raw nimbers he put up as the 3rd option most of the year.  Give the Hawks KD and Harden for most of the games Trae played and I'm sure his efficiency would look ... efficient. 🤔

That is the point I made at the bottom.  But I think the case for Kyrie is all about the numbers.  He clearly didn't carry anywhere close to the same load or responsibility as Trae.

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

That is the point I made at the bottom.  But I think the case for Kyrie is all about the numbers.  He clearly didn't carry anywhere close to the same load or responsibility as Trae.

(Jim Mora voice)

Bottom?  The bottom?  You expect me to stay engaged all the way to the bottom?

Lofty expectations, sir.

• Haha 2

• Premium Member

Won't Trae get a De'Aaron Fox type deal that gets elevated to a higher max if he makes All-NBA next season? Feels like it'll be tough to exclude him. Just swap out him for either Beal or Butler next season.

2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Man this sucks.   It's not only wrong and disrespectful but impacts Trae's contract.   At some point a player gets tired for this crap that they can't control and knows that it wouldn't be this way if he was somewhere else.  

Irving / Beal / Butler didn't deserve it over Trae (i know butler was a F i guess).   Seriously what is the case for Kyrie over Trae?  I know everyone is focused on Beal because his team sucked but Kyrie didn't have a better season.   

There is a lot of deserving guards as the league has shifted to be top heavy at that position.  Trae has gotten a lot of disrespect, but let's see how this develops now that he has taken a team on a deep playoff run.  There has been a shift where more people are coming out in support of Trae, even Bill Simmons.  Only a couple people are still dogging him like Skip Bayless.  

The narrative on Trae is in flux right now.  Actually each game that goes by makes an impact.  If he can close the Sixers, it could take him up another notch.

You see Donovan Mitchell still left off the All NBA teams after getting his team #1 seed and winning playoff series in prior years.  Butler gets the nod because he lead his team to the finals last year.  Randle will probably get taken down a notch next year.     

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

You see Donovan Mitchell still left off the All NBA teams after getting his team #1 seed

This is wrong. Absolutely wrong. He is a top 2 player on his team that has the best record in the league. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 6/14/2021 at 11:26 PM, sturt said:

So, Luka is about to cost the Mavs about $25m more than Trae will cost us over the course of his 5 year extension.

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2021/06/07/every-indication-luka-doncic-will-sign-super-max-extension-with-mavericks/

Luka might be worth every penny. But you have to like how much of a better value our guy is already.

@aali34 set me straight on this one... didn't realize that Trae can do as Fox did in SAC, and have a clause in his contract that raises his salary to supermax if/when he makes All-NBA.

Appreciate knowing that, and, oh well.

• Like 1

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, sturt said:

@aali34 set me straight on this one... didn't realize that Trae can do as Fox did in SAC, and have a clause in his contract that raises his salary to supermax if/when he makes All-NBA.

Appreciate knowing that, and, oh well.

I think that is part of the CBA rather than specific to his contract.  Let me see if I can find it.  Here it is:

In order to qualify for the higher maximum salary, players must meet certain performance criteria1. At least one of the following must be true:

• The player was named to the All-NBA First, Second or Third team in the most recent season, or both of the two seasons that preceded the most recent season.
  • The player was named the Defensive Player of the Year in the most recent season, or both of the two seasons that preceded the most recent season.
  • The player was named the NBA Most Valuable Player in any of the three most recent seasons.

Shows up under section 24 of Coon's FAQ.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Aye @Spud2nique, your boy Antonio Daniels is going in Trae not being in the all-NBA conversation.

Asking, if it's about "winning", why's he not in the mix this year?

School em, the real AD.

I like that Trae is getting the attention he so deserves but maaaaan.....I'm feeling kind a way.....where was this discussion pushing him prior to the voting.  Everyone wants on the bandwagon now, I mean I know there is room but if you weren't talking him up before - please stop as this was not your thinking a week ago.

AGV-Bandwagon.jpg&ehk=h2pxMT3BehuJsInnwN

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1