• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young - The Man, The Viper, and The Prosecution aka The MVP aka Ice Trae

NBASupes

30 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I need to know how off kilter I should've gone on this guy.

Make him cry. 

30 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Shiiiiii, there's a laundry list of guys I don't like just because I don't like their faces.

:laugh1: punch faces.

I think you said it yourself this week, people that don’t like the Hawks and Trae, they will have a Rolodex of excuses as to why. It’s sad.

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It's an exercise in futility trying to have a discussion with some of these fools.

:laugh1: I love this sentence. Reading it out loud. First part is all proper, then she says.. these fools :laugh1: love it.

7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I feel bad now because I actually misread what he said.  He was saying Trae hasn't had to guard anyone, not the other way around.

Ah well ...

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47a6ivm3pme4kaibj7u7

:mellow: oops. NAH NAH, get him still. Trae is defending his lil heart out!

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I feel bad now because I actually misread what he said.  He was saying Trae hasn't had to guard anyone, not the other way around.

Ah well ...

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47a6ivm3pme4kaibj7u7

Is this guy on realgm? I go to realgm last night I see a million people who act like they just saw Trae and make all these pro Trae threads like “realgm owes TrE an apology.” I’m thinking Texaschuck is hatin life right about now.

• Haha 3

Just now, Spud2nique said:

Is this guy on realgm? I go to realgm last night I see a million people who act like they just saw Trae and make all these pro Trae threads like “realgm owes TrE an apology.” I’m thinking Texaschuck is hatin life right about now.

Yep, on the 'is Trae a superstar' thread iirc.

Between the Trae love and the Mavs turning into a soap opera, TxChk is all ...

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47y7yd7ybr8idu3ronan

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e475q7wrou974wcpu8xbe

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
43 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Yep, on the 'is Trae a superstar' thread iirc.

Between the Trae love and the Mavs turning into a soap opera, TxChk is all ...

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47y7yd7ybr8idu3ronan

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e475q7wrou974wcpu8xbe

That thread on Realgm is as close as you're going to get to them saying they were wrong about Trae. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

Not sure if this has been posted, but through 6 games

Trae Young - 30.3 pts, 2.5 rebounds,  11 assists, 2 steals, and 3.2 turnovers per game on  42.6%, 35.2% from three and 83.5% from the line.

Joel Embiid - 30.3 pts, 13 rebounds, 4 assists, 2.2 blocks, 1 steal, and 4.2 turnovers per game on 46%, 34.% fro three and 84% from the line. 

Trae Young has matched Embiid point for point.  If you ask me, his overall impact on the games has been significantly more when you consider how he effects the Hawks offensive output. 

Our 22 year old, playoff first timer, is matching who many consider the "real" MVP of the league point for point.  Our future is super bright. I hope he drops 50 pts and 20 assists to close out the sixers tomorrow. 

I would still say Embiid been the best player this series by a clear margin as he's also tremendous defensively but Trae is the best player of the playoffs offensively of all NBA players this year. That's exciting and wonderful! I believe we can win any game with Young at the helm. 

Edited by NBASupes

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I would still say Embiid been the best player this series by a clear margin as he's also tremendous defensively but Trae is the best player of the playoffs offensively of all NBA players this year. That's exciting and wonderful! I believe we can win any game with Young at the helm. 

I'd counter that if Embiid played pick and roll defense better Trae wouldn't be as effective.  Embiid has his moments, but his defense has not been consistent. 

• Like 1

Just now, marco102 said:

I'd counter that if Embiid played pick and roll defense better Trae wouldn't be as effective.  Embiid has his moments, but his defense has not been consistent. 

That's fine and dandy but the Sixers defense is still tremendous and his ability to defend at a better level than probably any true big we will see if we move on as well as protector the paint as well as the rim shouldn't be overlooked. Embiid is a generational talent in his prime. Let's not talk as if this is close race just because we are Hawks fans.  

Just now, NBASupes said:

That's fine and dandy but the Sixers defense is still tremendous and his ability to defend at a better level than probably any true big we will see if we move on as well as protector the paint as well as the rim shouldn't be overlooked. Embiid is a generational talent in his prime. Let's not talk as if this is close race just because we are Hawks fans.  

That is fine and dandy, but let's not talk like Embiid doesn't get tired and his offense and defense doesn't suffer. If he was so generational, the Hawks wouldn't have made those two comebacks point blank simple.  Lebron has never blown leads like that. You want to know why? Because he's truly generational. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

That is fine and dandy, but let's not talk like Embiid doesn't get tired and his offense and defense doesn't suffer. If he was so generational, the Hawks wouldn't have made those two comebacks point blank simple.  Lebron has never blown leads like that. You want to know why? Because he's truly generational. 

The series is 3-3 and Embiid isn't the reason his team is 3-3. He's the reason they are as good as they are. I don't know what your goal is but if you think Trae been a better player than Joel this series, you are being a stan. I love Trae as much as anyone. He is generally my avatar but I am not delusional. Embiid been the best player this series as he is the best player in period. He's also a top 3 NBA player right now. That's nothing to be ashamed of. They are a #1 seed for a reason, that said, we need to win game 7 and I believe we will. 

Edited by NBASupes

The series is 3-3 and Embiid isn't the reason his team is 3-3. He's the reason they are as good as they are. I don't know what you goal is but if you think Trae been a better player than Joel this series, you are being a stan. I love Trae as much as anyone. He is generally my avatar but I am not delusional. Embiid been the best player this series as he is the best player in period. He's also a top 3 NBA player right now. That's nothing to be ashamed of. They are a #1 seed for a reason, that said, we need to win game 7 and I believe we will. 

Again, I don't know what your point is. All I said was that Trae's matched him point for point and he's had a bigger impact on this series.  If you don't think that's true then look at the 4th quarter stats.  That's when these games have been won and Trae's been better in the 4th quarter than Embiid.  I'm not downplaying Embiid's impact, but you don't want to admit that Embiid had a pretty shitty game for a closing game and Trae outplayed him and quite frankly has outplayed him the past three games. 

EDIT: Also yes Embiid is the reason his team is 3-3. He's been pretty fantastic this series, but if you look at the stats Trae has matched him which is pretty surprising which is all my original post was about. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Again, I don't know what your point is. All I said was that Trae's matched him point for point and he's had a bigger impact on this series.  If you don't think that's true then look at the 4th quarter stats.  That's when these games have been won and Trae's been better in the 4th quarter than Embiid.  I'm not downplaying Embiid's impact, but you don't want to admit that Embiid had a pretty shitty game for a closing game and Trae outplayed him and quite frankly has outplayed him the past three games. 

But he hasn't at all. Trae's been much better offensively but Embiid been elite offensively. It's just that Trae's been on some GOAT shit and he's not getting the credit as Luka was getting which is crazy as Trae is doing it even better. Embiid's been elite defensively. Trae's defense has been ass in general this series. Embiid's impact has been clearly bigger on the game than Trae's. This isn't football. You gotta play both ends. 

You are downplaying Embiid by saying, well, when he's tired his defense isn't as good. It's still great and overall this series, it's been elite. You don't have to shit on Jojo to praise Trae. 

Trae's overplayed Jojo offensively all series long but Jojo still been elite offensively. Defensively, it hasn't been close but you are saying it's been close when it's hasn't been so far. 

• Thanks 1

But he hasn't at all. Trae's been much better offensively but Embiid been elite offensively. It's just that Trae's been on some GOAT shit and he's not getting the credit as Luka was getting which is crazy as Trae is doing it even better. Embiid's been elite defensively. Trae's defense has been ass in general this series. Embiid's impact has been clearly bigger on the game than Trae's. This isn't football. You gotta play both ends. 

You are downplaying Embiid by saying, well, when he's tired his defense isn't as good. It's still great and overall this series, it's been elite. You don't have to shit on Jojo to praise Trae. 

Trae's overplayed Jojo offensively all series long but Jojo still been elite offensively. Defensively, it hasn't been close but you are saying it's been close when it's hasn't been so far. 

No, all I'm saying is you said Joel's defense was generational and that ain't it chief.  He has great moments, but when he gets tired his defense nor offense is the same.  When he's engaged and not tired it's surprising some of the plays he makes, but that's not consistently throughout the game is all I'm saying. I didn't shit on Embiid in anyway form or fashion. I just said in my opinion Trae has had a bigger impact on the series.  That's not just offensively, but look at Trae's leadership. That's something you aren't talking about. Trae hasn't yelled at his team or pouted like Embiid.  And yes we all know Embiid is a better defender.  My opinion is my opinion.  I mean you think Embiid has been way better.  I'm fine with that. I think Trae has matched him and there isn't a huge gulf through 6 games. 

Embiid in the first three games was hands down far and away the best player in the series.  The last three in my opinion he hasn't been which allowed Trae to match him. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1