• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young - The Man, The Viper, and The Prosecution aka The MVP aka Ice Trae

NBASupes

James Harden withdrew from Team USA, and they replaced him with Zach Lavine..... they also added Jerami Grant to the team.

Did Trae even get a phone call at least? Lloyd and Pop are going out of their way to avoid adding any Hawks.

Too bad that on the court, there are no voters. And they are proving to be too good for anyone to deny. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Remember early in the season we were wondering where his floater went?  This staff revamped it and now he’s beating the league over the head with it.  Between that and his more accurate/ easier rebounded three ball and the decreased turnovers (both unforced and total) he’s just been indescribable.  Let alone locking up fools out here lol.

Damn for-real? 

Fingers crossed Trae's deep ball climbs to around 40% next season.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Good thing he's about to get all kinds of bags thrown at him, in the form of endorsements.

That'll offset how underpaid he is at this point and time.

Hopefully, Collins will get some of that endorsement bag too. 

I’m sure he’ll make up for it next year when he’s extended.  Lucky for us Trae is naturally hungry so his game won’t weaken after he secures the bag like so many others do.

Meanwhile the Suns are very likely gonna go up 3-0 before we play Game 2 with CP3 back and Kawhi still out.  Them boys been humming all season.  

Cam Payne has made a jump so monumental and quick it reminds me of Trae’s rookie season.  Looking like one of the absolute worst players in the league to shredding defenses and forcing multiple timeouts in a matter of months.  I’ve always been a huge proponent of True PGs joining themselves at the hip of young PGs, whether player or coach.  CP3 to Payne, Nate to Trae.  

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Good thing he's about to get all kinds of bags thrown at him, in the form of endorsements.

That'll offset how underpaid he is at this point and time.

Hopefully, Collins will get some of that endorsement bag too. 

Adidas has got to be happy right now.  This star is gonna rise quickly.  A lot of dollars comingi in for Trae.

• Like 4

The two best takes I heard all day today about Trae kind of contradict each other.

#1 was Jalen Rose saying that it's lazy to compare Trae with Steph because they have 2 different play styles and get buckets in completely different ways. Thank God someone finally said it out loud.

#2, I can't remember if it was Nick Wright, but someone said that Trae was the evil twin version of Curry. Coming in to arenas as a villian with evil intentions. Called him Wario for crying out loud 😂  And when you look at him, it's kind of spot on, Trae has this devilish grin and the Wario mustache going on. Not to mention the chins are identical lol

Look at the thumbnails, Wario might be Trae's twin  

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

I think the interview was on TNT, but they asked Trae about how he feels about being the villain. His response was something along the lines of I’m actually a really nice guy so I don’t get the villain thing, but that’s cool. He just wants to win, doesn’t make you the bad guy unless you are beating teams the media cares about lol.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

When Young has the basketball in his hands, you had best wear your sweater because he’s the personification of a polar bear’s toenails. If there was any doubt before Game 1 of the Eastern Conference finals, Young is a superstar.

He has ascended to new heights in the playoffs. He’s built for this stage. He’s must-watch television and better than most dramas because you never know what all you’re getting when you watch him play. Oh, you want an alley-oop off the glass so John Collins can dunk on someone’s head? Check. Would you like a serving of deep 3s off the bounce that silences an arena? Check. Perhaps a behind-the-back pass to set up Kevin Huerter for a 3? Check. Would you prefer constant swipes at the psyche of a defense’s drop scheme in which it’s death by the floater? Check.

Young finished with 48 points, 11 assists and seven rebounds in the Hawks’ 116-113 win over the Bucks. It’s the first time in Atlanta Hawks (not St. Louis) history that the team has won a game in the conference finals.

It’s now platinum-certified as the most successful team since the Hawks moved to Atlanta. The manner in which this game was won, with the team’s often-doubted point guard, the one who’s consistently been the butt of jokes, slighted by seemingly everyone in the basketball community, doing what he did on this stage against the coach who didn’t want any part of the team’s rebuilding strategy has to be gratifying for everyone in the organization. The Hawks have a superstar who’s only 22. He’s nowhere near the prime of his career, and he’s going into other teams’ buildings and acting like he owns the place.

• Like 1