• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young - The Man, The Viper, and The Prosecution aka The MVP aka Ice Trae

NBASupes

If you google Trae Young, he is getting a ton of social media support today after leaking his frustration yesterday.

The general consensus from the public; Trae, Ja or Zion all should have gotten an invite before selecting Keldon Johnson or McGee.

My stance is pretty consistent. If Trae is still injured then obviously he needs to get healthy, but outside of that I at least wanted him to have the honor of AN invitation and for him to decide whether he wanted to play or not.

This is getting comical at this point

• Like 4

• Moderators

Trae is recovering right now so I would get not adding him given the short timeline.  Maybe.  But he is the obvious add.  Ja Morant is the next obvious guy.  

The fact that they ever selected Kevin Love and now he is scrapped because of the injury he already had is just comical.  

Colangelo sucks.  If Grant Hill doesn't correct this ASAP and invite Trae in, then I'll have some even more choice words for him as (supposedly) part of the Hawks family.

On 7/16/2021 at 11:48 AM, AHF said:

A)  Didn't seem to me that Trae ran LP off at all.

B)  Proof is in the pudding why that move was made.

C)  USA basketball is dysfunctional right now.  Not sure if Pop's ego is part of the problem but if he is blocking Trae from participating then that reflects an out of control ego.  Again, however, I have a lot of respect for Pops and my guess is that he would love Trae's work ethic and would get along just fine with him.

D)  The reporting on LP made me think that LP wanted Trae to not make the team so that he would be motivated to improve himself and not get his ego out of control.  I am kind of skeptical that he did it just to spite Trae or because they have bad blood between them.  I think it was selfishly motivated because he wanted the best version of Trae for  himself and he thought Trae getting onto the team would reinforce bad habits.  But this is all purely my speculation.

According to Dukes and Bell The Game, although there was a contingent of players who openly voiced displeasure with LP in the end and LP was hard and even undermining with Trae, Trae was not one of those players. He never went to management over LP..... So yah, spot on there.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
On 7/16/2021 at 11:48 AM, AHF said:

A)  Didn't seem to me that Trae ran LP off at all.

B)  Proof is in the pudding why that move was made.

C)  USA basketball is dysfunctional right now.  Not sure if Pop's ego is part of the problem but if he is blocking Trae from participating then that reflects an out of control ego.  Again, however, I have a lot of respect for Pops and my guess is that he would love Trae's work ethic and would get along just fine with him.

D)  The reporting on LP made me think that LP wanted Trae to not make the team so that he would be motivated to improve himself and not get his ego out of control.  I am kind of skeptical that he did it just to spite Trae or because they have bad blood between them.  I think it was selfishly motivated because he wanted the best version of Trae for  himself and he thought Trae getting onto the team would reinforce bad habits.  But this is all purely my speculation.

Pretty good speculation.