• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young - The Man, The Viper, and The Prosecution aka The MVP aka Ice Trae

NBASupes

43 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Except Capela.

Nate is truly an exceptional Coach. Clint's free throw shooting deficiency used to be such an obvious weakness that was easily exploited under LP. Now, I barely notice it anymore. Coach has literally coached around it to where Hack-Ca-Pela is a rare sighting.

• Premium Member
Just now, RedDawg#8 said:

Nate is truly an exceptional Coach. Clint's free throw shooting deficiency used to be such an obvious weakness that was easily exploited under LP. Now, I barely notice it anymore. Coach has literally coached around it to where Hack-Ca-Pela is a rare sighting.

You do know that in close games, Nate does the Offense/Defense with Capela though.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You do know that in close games, Nate does the Offense/Defense with Capela though.

That's coaching yeah? lol 

I think there is a little more nuance than that. LP did the same thing but it never worked out. He would sit Clint too long during the 4th. Nate leaves Clint in the game and only does that substitution pattern inside of 2 minutes. There is some more strategy going on beyond the 2 minute mark that keeps Clint off the line.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Trae should get a lot of All NBA 3rd team votes. Him and Westbrook are neck and neck in my eyes. Kyrie missed too many games and Steph and Lillard got 1st/2nd on lock. 

When I see people mention names like Lavine and Beal for 3rd team, and don't mention Trae .....

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47ue00uh781kxlq9qr2wz

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e47vlbtdbxgkdcn46rd9

• Like 3

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Threezus said:

I think people are eating alot of Crow on Trae as far as his defense goes as well on most other sites.  True Trae may never be a above avg or great defensive player.  But this year under Nate he went from being the worst defender in the league  with a -6.17 on DRPM in 2020 with the next worst player being at a -4.83.  To now being the 28th best defending PG at -0.22 out of 91 PG's   and for the whole nba he is 175th out of 530 listed.   He is now also 175th in Defensive win share out of 537 players listed.  

To me that is a tremendous turnaround on defense by Trae in a 1 year span and if you consider the middle of the league 220 players as avg defense then Trae is legit giving you avg or a little better defense while still giving you elite level offense.   This is the Trae everyone hoped for and is the Trae that can lead the Hawks to success.

Hell yes.  Trae has improved greatly and to me defensive metrics are always suspect and heavily influenced by how good the team is as a whole. 

• Like 4