• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young - The Man, The Viper, and The Prosecution aka The MVP aka Ice Trae

NBASupes

On 12/14/2023 at 6:35 PM, hawkman said:

100% agree with all of this. At one point, it was well understood that the Hawks were going to surround Trae with long defenders and shooters. I feel like the direction of the team is in flux without Schlenk. Love him or hate him, his vision for what pieces he wanted around Trae made sense. It feels like once the Hawks got out of the 'building through the Draft' phase and into the free agent and asset trading phase, things fell apart.

Yes the vision of putting long defenders and shooters around Trae has become an afterthought that’s is very unfortunate but that vision should have never left regardless of if we are in draft phase or asset trading phase….if that’s our identity then that’s our identity.

i think the identity has changed back to this however now that Quinn is a decision maker. I believe Quinn wants long defending shooters around Trae. I believe that’s the very reason Synder is so high on a Siakam trade.

i know folks hate when I say let’s start Hunter at the 2 but the recommendation comes from a need rather than a want….nevertheless if we are going to have a small backcourt then so be it however you need an absolute BEAST in the front court to balance things out.

Last I feel like if we could just get a big body center who can hit a 3…like Vucevic to go with a speedy backcourt of Trae and Murray and a forward pairing of Siakam and Jalen Johnson!….we would be heading in the right direction again.

On 12/14/2023 at 6:35 PM, hawkman said:

100% agree with all of this. At one point, it was well understood that the Hawks were going to surround Trae with long defenders and shooters. I feel like the direction of the team is in flux without Schlenk. Love him or hate him, his vision for what pieces he wanted around Trae made sense. It feels like once the Hawks got out of the 'building through the Draft' phase and into the free agent and asset trading phase, things fell apart.

Apparently they had to , Trae was tired of it, and maybe they thought they could get enough but it wasn't complete and we popped too soon, I think Trae knows this and probably understands we may have cut the rebuild too soon as he certainly has not rejected quin or not tried to get better and I'm sure he's heard from enough other ppl in the league about the type of players he needs around him and that just isn't really easy to execute.