• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young - The Man, The Viper, and The Prosecution aka The MVP aka Ice Trae

NBASupes

On 1/18/2024 at 8:02 AM, AHF said:

Trae could definitely improve his relationship with and handling of the refs but better to be too loud than too quiet.  Coaches need to play the game too to protect their players.

He’s still horrible and they still hate him.  He cries for calls even before they have a chance to grab and blow the whistle 😄

With a half season sample in the bag, the Hawks offensive rating (plummeting fast, now ranked 12th) is slightly better with him off the floor with no capable BU.  

For comparison OKC is 10 points worse with SGA off, Indy is 9 points worse without Hali, and NY 11 points worse when Brunson sits; and they all have very capable BUs, in the case of OKC multiple capable BU PGs.  

I long stopped expecting people to see all the ways he hurts an offense, I just provide the facts.

I was slick depressed when he signed a max deal.  Hawks are stuck in the mud for years to come.  High end players don’t want to play with him and teams with value to trade wouldn’t consider.  Damn.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

He’s still horrible and they still hate him.  He cries for calls even before they have a chance to grab and blow the whistle 😄

With a half season sample in the bag, the Hawks offensive rating (plummeting fast, now ranked 12th) is slightly better with him off the floor with no capable BU.  

For comparison OKC is 10 points worse with SGA off, Indy is 9 points worse without Hali, and NY 11 points worse when Brunson sits; and they all have very capable BUs, in the case of OKC multiple capable BU PGs.  

I long stopped expecting people to see all the ways he hurts an offense, I just provide the facts.

I was slick depressed when he signed a max deal.  Hawks are stuck in the mud for years to come.  High end players don’t want to play with him and teams with value to trade wouldn’t consider.  Damn.

Lol, hit me up on PMs.

23 minutes ago, h4wkfan said:

What source are you using for these #s? I'm not seeing what you are. NBA.com has Trae as a +2.1 Net Off Rtg through 42 games. And how do you consider the Hawks to have no capable backup when Murray is the backup?

I assume you have the same energy about Bam? Off rating is 8 points worse with him on the court.  Tyler Herro too. 1.6 worse with him on the court. 

He's using BBref. 

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I agree, you bros definitely got ... oh, I read that wrong.

Heh, supes gon pull a muscle reporting this post. :rolleyes:

Dap fishing crew back at it

• Like 3

4 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Trrae Westbrick Stans can't handle the truth bruh. He doesn't make the team better at all

LMAOOOO

Edited by Bonkers

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Welp.  People got what they wanted.  Trae is out indefinitely.

Lets go on that win streak now.

But see you, unlike these anti guys, actually want to see the team win.  That's the difference.  They come here and cheer for losses which ... why be a fan if that makes one feel good? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bonkers said:

Trrae Westbrick Stans can't handle the truth bruh. He doesn't make the team better at all

LMAOOOO

We'll we're about to see.  Maybe for an extended period, depending on how they play this.

Concussion + lingering shoulder issues could be grounds to get an extensive look at people who aren't playing, and to expand some roles.

I didn’t realize how serious the offensive foul by Okoro was, the telecast didn’t confirm he actually had a concussion. Trae basically took a flush hook to the tip of the chin by a middleweight.

I can’t imagine how scary your first concussion is.  Hope he’s good asap.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, kg01 said:

I agree, you bros definitely got ... oh, I read that wrong.

Heh, supes gon pull a muscle reporting this post. :rolleyes:

Wait PM’s now? I thought you were supposed to slippidy slide into someone’s DM :huh:..

So confused.. 🫤 

As the dude in the commercial says.. I’m not ready for that. 😂 #offthelawn

Ps @kg01i need to descale my coffee

maker.. that’s all from headquarters.

• Haha 3

Saw this today from the Athletic....

Only 1 out of 100 media votes??  Damn.

The league’s new system for determining All-Star starters had two victories of a sort this past week, when it effectively overruled the fans from having Young and Curry as starters. Instead of relying solely on fan voting, that part is now effectively weighed at 50.1 percent (it’s half, but it’s also the tiebreaker), with added components of player and media voting.

While the player voting was often ridiculous and indefensible (11 votes for Santi Aldama? 12 for Nikola Vučević?), their aggregate choice of Oklahoma City’s Shai Gilgeous-Alexander over Curry in the West was obviously the correct one. In the East, however, things got a bit more wild. The Milwaukee Bucks’ Damian Lillard was the second backcourt starter (next to no-brainer Tyrese Haliburton) despite not ranking in the top two among guards in any of the three categories; he was third among fans, fourth among players and fifth among media.

However, Lillard essentially won a tie with New York’s Jalen Brunson, who was voted second among the media and third among players. My choice here, Cleveland’s Donovan Mitchell, was somewhat bizarrely fifth among players, as well as third in the media vote. Meanwhile, Philadelphia’s Tyrese Maxey was the players’ choice for the second starter, garnering 53 more votes than Brunson.

This is likely an issue of semantics involving players who will almost certainly make the All-Star team anyway; it seems hugely improbable any of Brunson, Mitchell, Maxey or Lillard would have been left off by East coaches when they name the subs later this week. Installing any of them over Young was the right call.

Nonetheless, it’s interesting to see where it could have been different and how the margins of a few votes from one of the three columns can matter a lot when the players are ranked in each category separately. Mitchell would have been the starter with just 17 more player votes; as it was, he was fifth. Young would have been the starter with just seven more player votes, even though he got just one of the 100 media votes. And with 23,416 more fan votes and just three more player votes, the starter would have been Maxey.

• Moderators

Interesting that when they talk about guards leading in "categories" they aren't talking about categories of NBA production but voting categories.  Seems like if you are describing the merits of a candidate it would be a bigger deal to be leading in scoring, assists, rebounds, blocks, steals, etc. than in "media votes" especially given how shameful this is:

11 votes for Santi Aldama? 12 for Nikola Vučević?

At least you could be a completely out of touch voter and maybe include Vucevic but how is Aldama getting even a single vote?  That is beyond ridiculous.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AHF said:

Interesting that when they talk about guards leading in "categories" they aren't talking about categories of NBA production but voting categories.  Seems like if you are describing the merits of a candidate it would be a bigger deal to be leading in scoring, assists, rebounds, blocks, steals, etc. than in "media votes" especially given how shameful this is:

At least you could be a completely out of touch voter and maybe include Vucevic but how is Aldama getting even a single vote?  That is beyond ridiculous.

Just let the fans decide (he said selfishly 🙂)

But, of course, ReactionaryAdam had to 'do something'.  I swear the next commissioner gonna spend his/her... ther(?) first 10 years undoing the dumbarsery wrought on the game by Sliver.