Trae Young - The Man, The Viper, and The Prosecution aka The MVP aka Ice Trae

NBASupes

15 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

U GOTTA FINISH THAT $HII 😩 

In Jabari’s defense there’s no way he could’ve been ready for that, it’s a wonder he caught it.  Only Magic, Lebron, and CP3 attempt and make that pass perfectly as Trae did.  Maybe Mark Jackson?

15 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

U GOTTA FINISH THAT $HII 😩 

On first glance I thought Jabari wasn’t ready for the pass but he’s waiting with his hands out!  To expect a pass like that is cray.  I don’t know how in the hell Trae makes LeBron and Magic level passes with his hand size and strength.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, AHF said:

I think Trae is a better passer than LeBron.  I'd put him and Magic above LeBron for sure.

For highlight passes, though, there is a long list of people that have made really impressive passes like that at some point or other.  The real differentiator is how often they do it.  A guy like Jason Williams has passes that are in that same "OMG" category.  

This Manu nutmeg was incredible...ball was out of his hand before defender was even to the spot.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AHF said:

I think Trae is a better passer than LeBron

I’ve been watching for 35+ years. I’ve seen a handful of players pass like this..

Magic

Isiah

Stockton

Kidd

Nash

CP3

Trae

Not only better than Lebron but the best in the league right now in my view. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This Manu nutmeg was incredible...ball was out of his hand before defender was even to the spot.

Jason and then Bibby at point seriously helped make the Kings just a blast to watch back in the day. Fun stuff. Not gonna talk about the refs and their ideas on the Kings and the WC playoffs of course.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Jason and then Bibby at point seriously helped make the Kings just a blast to watch back in the day. Fun stuff. Not gonna talk about the refs and their ideas on the Kings and the WC playoffs of course.

Jdub to CWebb with Peja and Turk. 6th Bobby Jax n Pollard. Fun bunch indeed to watch. Ugh 😩 the refs. Shoulda be Kings/Nets finals.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Shoulda be Kings/Nets finals.

Trying to imagine the level of passing in a final series like that. My word we were all jipped.

• Like 4

On 5/29/2020 at 10:36 AM, AHF said:

I think Trae is a better passer than LeBron.  I'd put him and Magic above LeBron for sure.

I disagree wholeheartedly.  LeBron is a genius level team passer.  

Every teammate he’s had has raved about how he hits their “shooting pocket” perfectly, all sizes from super small guards to stretch 5s.  He gets off the ball relatively fast when required for someone with his extreme usage.  His interior passes are Stockton and Kidd level.  Left or right handed passes look identical.    Manning accuracy on deep passes.  Skip passes second to none.  He made Zyldrunas freaking Ilvauskus a great PNR partner.  He fosters team passing by literally telling teammates (accurately) where to pass after he feeds them, then making them even better passers by cutting and screening.  I would guess a majority of his turnovers are lost ball from trying to score (then argue lol).  His supposed photographic memory on film study is mostly used to predict where an optimum shot will come from 2 or 3 passes down the road and the style and timing of his innocuous pass to another perimeter player after he’s surveyed the defense usually starts the chain reaction to said shot.  If a player isn’t in prime position for the possession he won’t pass it.  Trae is great at recognizing bad passing opps most of the time but he simply doesn’t have that sixth sense or communication level to play chess with his team’s movement like LeBron.

When you factor in his size too see over the defense like Magic I can’t put anyone above those 2.  Stock, Kidd, Nash, Trae, etc on the next tier.  Hell I might slide Jokic in there, probably the best set initiating passing Big I’ve seen.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

On 5/31/2020 at 8:36 PM, benhillboy said:

I disagree wholeheartedly.  LeBron is a genius level team passer.  

Every teammate he’s had has raved about how he hits their “shooting pocket” perfectly, all sizes from super small guards to stretch 5s.  He gets off the ball relatively fast when required for someone with his extreme usage.  His interior passes are Stockton and Kidd level.  Left or right handed passes look identical.    Manning accuracy on deep passes.  Skip passes second to none.  He made Zyldrunas freaking Ilvauskus a great PNR partner.  He fosters team passing by literally telling teammates (accurately) where to pass after he feeds them, then making them even better passers by cutting and screening.  I would guess a majority of his turnovers are lost ball from trying to score (then argue lol).  His supposed photographic memory on film study is mostly used to predict where an optimum shot will come from 2 or 3 passes down the road and the style and timing of his innocuous pass to another perimeter player after he’s surveyed the defense usually starts the chain reaction to said shot.  If a player isn’t in prime position for the possession he won’t pass it.  Trae is great at recognizing bad passing opps most of the time but he simply doesn’t have that sixth sense or communication level to play chess with his team’s movement like LeBron.

When you factor in his size too see over the defense like Magic I can’t put anyone above those 2.  Stock, Kidd, Nash, Trae, etc on the next tier.  Hell I might slide Jokic in there, probably the best set initiating passing Big I’ve seen.

LeBron is a brilliant passer. It's the one part of his game that is unequivocally better than MJ's.

• Moderators
11 hours ago, bleachkit said:

LeBron is a brilliant passer. It's the one part of his game that is unequivocally better than MJ's.

I'm not saying he isn't a brilliant passer.  I'm just saying that I don't put him on the top tier of all-time greats.  So people like Kidd, Stockton, Magic, etc. are ahead of him for me.  BenHillBoy and I just disagree on that as he puts Kidd, Stockton, etc. below LeBron.  

I put Trae ahead because I think he is way ahead of where LeBron was at the same age.  Comparing peak LeBron to 2019-20 Trae is close to me.  I don't think peak Trae will be close.

• Like 2