• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young - The Man, The Viper, and The Prosecution aka The MVP aka Ice Trae

NBASupes

• Moderators

Looks like Trae is getting involved to try to ensure voting access:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/le-bron-james-forms-voting-rights-group-alongside-black-stars-including-trae-young-kevin-hart-012621276.html

Group focused on voting rights, not candidates

This appears to be the kind of issue James seeks to address with “More Than a Vote,” rather than engaging in specific candidate advocacy. According to the Times, the group will be organized as a 501(c)(4) nonprofit, which prohibits it from engaging directly in political campaigns for office.

Instead, James and others in the group intend to focus its efforts on issues affecting the black community and getting out the vote for the 2020 election. That includes raising awareness of voter suppression as fears of the political tactic to maintain power persist as November’s elections approach.

Who’s joining James?

James is joined by Atlanta Hawks guard Trae Young, Phoenix Mercury guard Skylar Diggins-Smith, New Orleans Saints running back Alvin Kamara, Golden State Warriors forward Draymond Green, former Miami Heat teammate Udonis Haslem and former NBA player and ESPN analyst Jalen Rose in the group, according to the Times. James has also reached out to musicians and secured a commitment from comedian Kevin Hart, according to the report.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Damn.  That's great!  But how much money does he have already?

43 minutes ago, AHF said:

Yeah - that seemed like a ton of money for his current pay history (less than $13M pre-tax in salary).  Good for him, though.  So much to love about Trae.

He's paying it over time from reading the article.  Still very good to see how involved he is and willing to give back. 

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Hopefully when all the eggsperts look into the whole Beal v Trae thing, they take into account the fact that Beal is whining about having to play competitive games.  Meanwhile, our guy is lobbying to play.

It may take some of them a while, but they will all get there.  Once enough time has passed that they can pretend they nailed it with him instead of having to pat someone on the back that they missed on.

• Like 3

On 6/13/2020 at 12:17 PM, Peoriabird said:

Trae has to get better defensively this off season for sure but alot of Hawks fan favorites are mentioned as well.

Great vid, I can rock with dude.  I always get a hearty chuckle out of people trying to cite some stat to defend Harden’s defense.  

• Like 1

On 6/10/2020 at 10:39 PM, Spud2nique said:

Anybody want to make an avatar bet on whether or not we make the playoffs next year I’m down to take the bet. I say we are in.

I’m here.  Trae has to play 60+ games and Van Fleet can’t be on our roster.  You have to change your avatar to The Steph Shimmy.  Your qualifications/ avatar choice?

Edited by benhillboy
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, benhillboy said:

I’m here.  Trae has to play 60+ games and Van Fleet can’t be on our roster.  You have to change your avatar to The Steph Shimmy.  Your qualifications/ avatar choice?

Wait, what? Those are specific, hard and weird rules but I think I understand.

41 minutes ago, AHF said:

I think for the month of the draft.  One more reason to regret its delay.  

Sounds like a renegotiation is in order.  @NBASupes come to the table and take your medicine.  I think the punishment should be until and including the month of the draft at least.

Who's with me?!

No, I'm not coming for your mod-job, AH.  But ... I mean, let's just say you're lucky this thang isn't an elected position. 🤠

(I'm kidding.  No one vote for me as mod.  That would be a total catastrophe.)

• Haha 3