• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Trail Blazers

lethalweapon3

15 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Trae needs to be careful, he could be the best offensive player ever or the next Stephon Marbury if he's not careful. 

Yup. This again. I don’t want chucky McChuckerson. Trae is a diamond 💎 in the rough with his passing. We need that trait to shine above all else when he’s on the court. He’s the best passer in the league, let’s get more dimes! 

I despised Marbury. Wasn’t the biggest Iverson guy either. 

Gimme Magic...Gimme Zeke...gimme Nash...

Hell gimme Spud! #pass1stpg

• Like 4

Hopefully @hazerwill sleep this off, and come back stronger on Tuesday.

If not, someone has to carry the Bruno Fernando flag.   So I'll change my avatar and pick up the Bruno flag, like Denzel Washington picked up the American flag in the movie "Glory".

(( yelling ))

COME OOOOOONNNNNNN!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

It would mean little in the large picture. This rebuild is going to fail.

Fail how? We werent doing shit anyway, but getting swept in the PLayoffs. lol

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Hopefully @hazerwill sleep this off, and come back stronger on Tuesday.

If not, someone has to carry the Bruno Fernando flag.   So I'll change my avatar and pick up the Bruno flag, like Denzel Washington picked up the American flag in the movie "Glory".

(( yelling ))

COME OOOOOONNNNNNN!!!

I've had baked pesto chicken and sweet tea this evening, nothing to sleep off my friend. In negotiation with Mods as we speak, if my warning is not retracted I'm out. This only arose out of a previously banned troller reporting my post calling them out as a troller. Complete horse$hit. 

2 minutes ago, hazer said:

I've had baked pesto chicken and sweet tea this evening, nothing to sleep off my friend. In negotiation with Mods as we speak, if my warning is not retracted I'm out. This only arose out of a previously banned troller reporting my post calling them out as a troller. Complete horse$hit. 

OK.   Keep those negotiations behind closed DMs . . and hopefully we'll see you back tomorrow or Tuesday.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

OK.   Keep those negotiations behind closed DMs . . and hopefully we'll see you back tomorrow or Tuesday.

Not banned yet 😬

2 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

Trae is not a good shooter. He is a volume scorer. One that will look good some nights, but reckless many others. 

I was wrong about Luka. He is going to be a great player. Trae maybe just a good one at best.

I don't have an issue with Trae being a volume scorer or shooter. I have an issue with his mindset at times. We had enough offense on the court, why abandon mixing passing and scoring and just go full chucker mode? That reminds me so much of a young Stephon Marbury who also was as talented as anyone to play PG at that time but he could never realize what really mattered and could help you win games. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

This. I love Trae. I think he’s our superstar. But he can’t go 9-30 I’m sorry at that point he’s becoming a volume chucker. He broke double digit dimes tonight but usage seemed way too high. Yes very Iversonish. Let’s get back to the basics.

He can be the best offensive player of all time. His ability is that legit or he can be the next Stephon Marbury. Trae's trajectory is simply that large at this stage. Truth is, 538 stated that Trae's comparison as a rookie was highest by 16% to Marbury's. That's not by mistake in my eyes either. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, hazer said:

Ah man, I got my 'Free Haze' t-shirt on right now.

But people keep asking if I'm giving away vaping products. 😕

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, High5 said:

Those are the games you gotta win if you're trying to sneak into the playoffs. Trae had one of those nights that made me scared to look at the box score. 

He had a great fantasy night with Parker. Both finish #1 and #2 of all players last night

• Haha 1

I think the issue why this place is so quiet is for five reasons. 

1. Last night's game was disappointing. We look like we had it, till we lost it. Couldn't make stops and couldn't score when needed. 

2. LP is a tremendous talent with no ceiling potentially but he is not Coach Bud on the offense end. If things aren't working, Bud will shift personnel and put execution even with a scrub team. He would never take on Trae Young and Jabari Parker as those two just don't play enough defense. 

3. Trae Young still isn't there yet. While his best games rival anyone offensively to play in the NBA, his worse games look like a more chucking and usage version of Stephon Marbury. Trae will need some maturation but hey, he's only in year 2. He got time. 

4. Guys like Lou Williams and Jamal Crawford are 6th man for a reason and they never start. Parker, you know where your career path is. I want to resign him for 4/40 but he's not worth more than that. He doesn't make you better but he can score as well as anybody. 

5. Our rookies outside of De'Andre Hunter needs A LOT of development. Cam needs A LOT of offensive development and Bruno does not need as much offensive development as Cam but he needs A LOT of defensive development. Both players could be better than Hunter but they are so far away. Hunter really might be our best starter. Even if Trae is superior offensively and Kev is a great shooter when on and Collins is excellent in his own way, Hunter just does it all. You gotta watch him to understand why he is so great. Ball watching doesn't tell the story at all. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I think the issue why this place is so quiet is for five reasons. 

1. Last night's game was disappointing. We look like we had it, till we lost it. Couldn't make stops and couldn't score when needed. 

2. LP is a tremendous talent with no ceiling potentially but he is not Coach Bud on the offense end. If things aren't working, Bud will shift personnel and put execution even with a scrub team. He would never take on Trae Young and Jabari Parker as those two just don't play enough defense. 

3. Trae Young still isn't there yet. While his best games rival anyone offensively to play in the NBA, his worse games look like a more chucking and usage version of Stephon Marbury. Trae will need some maturation but hey, he's only in year 2. He got time. 

4. Guys like Lou Williams and Jamal Crawford are 6th man for a reason and they never start. Parker, you know where your career path is. I want to resign him for 4/40 but he's not worth more than that. He doesn't make you better but he can score as well as anybody. 

5. Our rookies outside of De'Andre Hunter needs A LOT of development. Cam needs A LOT of offensive development and Bruno does not need as much offensive development as Cam but he needs A LOT of defensive development. Both players could be Hunter then Hunter but they are so far away. Hunter really might be our best starter. Even if Trae is superior offensively and Kev is a great shooter when on and Collins is excellent in his own way, Hunter just does it all. You gotta watch him to understand why he is so great. Ball watching doesn't tell the story at all. 

I think the late hour of the games may also have something to do with it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2