• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Trail Blazers

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He had a great fantasy night with Parker. Both finish #1 and #2 of all players last night

He had a very "Hardenesque" stat line both good and bad. It's good he was able to manufacture 35pts out of a bad shooting night, but it came at the cost of efficiency and shot selection. I think he feels obligated to put the team on his back when they struggle to score. It doesn't help when so many guys are missing wide open shots and bunnies around the rim though. I think Jabari played well as the Robin to Trae's Batman, but the other guys still need to execute. Huerter is coming around offensively but Len seems to be a lost cause. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, hawkman said:

He had a very "Hardenesque" stat line both good and bad. It's good he was able to manufacture 35pts out of a bad shooting night, but it came at the cost of efficiency and shot selection. I think he feels obligated to put the team on his back when they struggle to score. It doesn't help when so many guys are missing wide open shots and bunnies around the rim though. I think Jabari played well as the Robin to Trae's Batman, but the other guys still need to execute. Huerter is coming around offensively but Len seems to be a lost cause. 

Len is usually the one player who I hate during the game but when I rewatch the game the morning after, he usually gets a positive mark. 

There is a reason Len is one of the worst offensive players in the NBA right now and one of the best defensive players for his minutes played. 

His offense drags down everyone but his defense has the opposite effect. His defense should at least keep him in the league. 

Kevin is peforming like trash overall to me but he is really coming around on his shooting confidence which is a positive. I really like his composure on the ball offensively. Something we have greatly lacked with Cam in the starting five. Our offense is definitely better with him over Cam. It's obvious. 

Parker is really good but he sucks. Try to figure that one out.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Parker is really good but he sucks. Try to figure that one out.

No I know what you mean. Last night I got super excited about what he was doing with his finishes and being aggressive and getting that AND 1 from the feed from Trae.

But at the end of the game, I left feeling a couple things.

1. Parker won’t be consistent with this showing.

2. He seems to go through the motions on D, a lot of Hawks are doing this the last couple games.

3. That fact that this won’t be a breakthrough that many fans want from Jabari. 

Im just excited right now that other players in the league are understand that Trae can get the the ball on the right spots. They are prolly thinking 🤔 wow, he’s making Jabari look really good, wonder what he could do for me? 

Specially pick n roll bigs are thinking this with Trae. 

Trae needs a PF or C that is an all star ⭐️/ superstar. That’s when the real show will begin.

Right now it’s reps with whoever is available and it’s Jabari.

Again, I don’t want to take anything away from Jabari or minimize his outstanding night, I’m just not fully convinced and feel like I’ve seen this movie before.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Kevin is peforming like trash overall to me but he is really coming around on his shooting confidence which is a positive

How you like that gather, regroup, the awareness of where he is on the court as well as time awareness of getting a 2 for 1 and banging down that corner 3 in regulation for the tie. 

He’s starting to warm up and get a feel. I think he should be coming around soon.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

How you like that gather, regroup, the awareness of where he is on the court as well as time awareness of getting a 2 for 1 and banging down that corner 3 in regulation for the tie. 

He’s starting to warm up and get a feel. I think he should be coming around soon.

Loved it! I am loving like I always have. His offensive decision making and feel for the game has always been class. What I don't love his lack of movement off the ball and how stationary he is but I want to see him with Collins before I made that call. Cam's movement skilled looked very promising till Collins got suspended and now he is a corner boy. 

Then again, I didn't see much movement from Kev even when Collins was there. He has to get a lot better especially with contact. Defensively, his fundamentals are better than Trae's and Parker's but his lack of length and foot speed as well as agility made him look like food out there. Hunter and Len really had to save their asses on defense and of course, it wasn't enough. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

Sometimes, you just know that this minute, this play, this time will define this entire game.  Last night, for me, that time came when our new starting PF, Parker, went to the free throw line and put up two bricks.  That's it, I thought.  And, sadly, it was.  He makes those two and everything else happen exactly as it did and Hawks win the game.

Little things.  Tiny moments in a game.  Has anyone else had this to happen to them?

:stirthepot:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
54 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

That was nice. He pulled a Sean Elliot remaining on his tippy toes for that 3 pt shot.

I was also happy with his awareness in realizing Trae wasn't getting the ball and being aggressive driving to tie the game instead of launching an off balanced 3.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That was nice. He pulled a Sean Elliot remaining on his tippy toes for that 3 pt shot.

Oooohhhhhh where is the Olson twins 👯‍♀️ gif? Mad 😡 strong 💪🏾 

I didn’t even think about that Elliott 3 nice call!

Yes! On the recognition too. I mean Trae is a superstar but there are off nights and others need to recognize. Agreed 100% Coach prolly telling them the same thing, when ur number is called be aggressive.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Oooohhhhhh where is the Olson twins 👯‍♀️ gif? Mad 😡 strong 💪🏾 

I didn’t even think about that Elliott 3 nice call!

Yes! On the recognition too. I mean Trae is a superstar but there are off nights and others need to recognize. Agreed 100% Coach prolly telling them the same thing, when ur number is called be aggressive.

As CLP says if the open 3 isn't there he wants them going down hill to the basket.

If we had JC (uuuhhh) at the small ball 5 instead of Parker towards end the game, we might have won. Watching Parker trying to trap Lillard on the PnR....painful.😥

I'd trust Vince more to run an effect PnR trap, come back soon Vince (anyone know what the personal reason was?)

• Like 1

Couple takeaways ...

- That Simons kid is a baller.  I called that one at the draft.  I'm happy with what we got but glad to be right about him.  'Cause I like tootin' my own horn, that's why.

- Chuk McCollum is the chukkens't chukker ever.  Plus he looks like he's on that Jokic weight-gainloss plan.  Friggin' Chuk'sbury Doughboy.  Come at me, @Spud2nique

- When we play TOR, can we kidnap Siakim and recreate Freaky Friday with Cam?  Put Siakim's attitude, fire, tenacity into Reddish's body.  Call it Operation Pascal Snatch-akim.  Who's with me to commit a couple felonies?

ETA:  And for anyone claiming they'll be upset if we go winless on the rest of this trip ... lookin at you @bleachkit ... consider we'll be in LA for about 4 straight days facing LAL/LAC on back2back games.

So far the Finals winner from last year, minus Lowry but plus mvPascal and a host of seasoned vets, will struggle to do that double.  But you're gonna be disappointed if we can't?  Come on, sun. 

I feel we should've gotten this game but I can't be overly pissed that we gave it up late.  We're in the process of learning how to win games like this on the road. 

Call me not happy but not overly disappointed. It kinda is what it is, no?

Edited by kg01
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I think the issue why this place is so quiet is for five reasons. 

1. Last night's game was disappointing. We look like we had it, till we lost it. Couldn't make stops and couldn't score when needed. 

2. LP is a tremendous talent with no ceiling potentially but he is not Coach Bud on the offense end. If things aren't working, Bud will shift personnel and put execution even with a scrub team. He would never take on Trae Young and Jabari Parker as those two just don't play enough defense. 

3. Trae Young still isn't there yet. While his best games rival anyone offensively to play in the NBA, his worse games look like a more chucking and usage version of Stephon Marbury. Trae will need some maturation but hey, he's only in year 2. He got time. 

4. Guys like Lou Williams and Jamal Crawford are 6th man for a reason and they never start. Parker, you know where your career path is. I want to resign him for 4/40 but he's not worth more than that. He doesn't make you better but he can score as well as anybody. 

5. Our rookies outside of De'Andre Hunter needs A LOT of development. Cam needs A LOT of offensive development and Bruno does not need as much offensive development as Cam but he needs A LOT of defensive development. Both players could be better than Hunter but they are so far away. Hunter really might be our best starter. Even if Trae is superior offensively and Kev is a great shooter when on and Collins is excellent in his own way, Hunter just does it all. You gotta watch him to understand why he is so great. Ball watching doesn't tell the story at all. 

Its just hard to evaluate this team right now, without one of our best players in the lineup....Trae is pressing. Trying to do too much without his sidekick..Hopefully LP reels him in......I cant see him taking 30 shots again this season....And like you said, he's only in his 2nd year..Glad to see Huerter hitting some BIG shots last night..And I agree on HUnter. He's just solid all around. But I knew that already. lol. Didnt like the Cam pick that much, but I can see why youd take a chance on him..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1