• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Lakers

lethalweapon3

9 hours ago, turnermx said:

Looking at Lebron out there on the floor, I see no way in the world he passed a drug test if he was even administered one while John failed. Just not possible.

Believe we are looking at a future designated hitter right there.

• Haha 3

There were some positives from the rooks.

Trae really showed his scoring prowess compared to v. LAC.

I really liked that 2nd QT from Crabbe offensively.

The rookies play excellent defense.

Bruno activity and willingness to play extremely hard with a good talent base is impressive and he continues to do it which is even more impressive. Might be the only rookie on our team showing consistency at what he does at this stage.

The bad or shall I say the negatives 

I want Hunter to get better at making reads out of the PnR or screens. 

Another thing I want to see from Hunter is him cutting more. He is a good inside scoring when he is there with little traffic, he needs to take a page from Bembry and do it more.

Cam has to play with more passion at times, sometimes he gets apathetic.

We been harping on Cam shooting but he must make wide open threes. I expect Len and Jones to make them, I am obviously going to have the same expectations for all NBA players. 

Bruno movement was helpful today from what I saw but Bruno is still the only Hawk I see is constantly lost on the ball, off the ball and on defense. Parker is two out of three and Bembry is completely lost on the ball but Bruno looks lost a lot. I still want to see progress for that from Bruno. 

Bembry works exceptionally hard but I've never seen someone who takes so many risks and fails as much as he does and still get minutes. I still think Cam, Hunter and Len are our best defenders right now. 

Jones is a great athlete but he is built slight and his BBIQ is low on both ends. He looks like your all American scrub and honestly I think he is a 3rd stringer at best but we already knew that and at least he is better than he showed in the preseason. 

Crabbe defense is basura

Trae PG skills were bad tonight 

Parker isn't a good Basketball player. He is a 6th man type that should be exclusively used in that role. When Vince is back, Jabari needs to go back to his natural role.

Parsons

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
9 hours ago, terrell said:

Meh. We're missing 2 starters and playing 2 rooks.

If you imagine this game being played again with no Anthony Davis and no Danny Green and with JC and Kevin in perfect health and that should give you an idea of where we are right now.  Suddenly we have a whole new rotation and the Lakers are giving >54 minutes to vastly inferior players.  We lost by 21.  Make those 4 changes and it is a whole new ball game.

The point is that we are not just missing 2 starters -- we are missing 2 of our best 3 starters and the opponent at full strength.  Given that the Lakers were better than us to start with, that is like a stronger guy getting to use two hands in an arm wrestling contest.  We knew our depth was not high quality for this year and when you lose two of your high quality players you aren't going to win many of those.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

You like ur Dave Winfield’s do ya? 😊 

I know it was because of injury but Bo went from football and baseball to just a designated hitter role and his career lasted as long as he wanted it to. Add to that he was entertaining after he struck out and then snapping bats like toothpicks. Gotta love sports history. He might have a couple of Ripley's records.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Thomas said:

I know it was because of injury but Bo went from football and baseball to just a designated hitter role and his career lasted as long as he wanted it to. Add to that he was entertaining after he struck out and then snapping bats like toothpicks. Gotta love sports history. He might have a couple of Ripley's records.

The only non Hawks sports posters I had growing up was the black n blue Bo one ☝️. Loved that dude but couldn’t get on board with the Raiders or the Royals.

Can you imagine how hard it is for Bo to watch Dak Prescott with those pre game hip dances 💃 🤕 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m also confused as far as the rules applying to him. I mean 70% of his drives are now starting with him lowering his shoulder into people because he lost speed. That’s an offensive foul for others.

They always gave guys like him, Wade and Jordan no calls they would give others

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

They always gave guys like him, Wade and Jordan no calls they would give others

Yes but can you remember certain moves the Jordan did that were illegal that were part of his repertoire? For the most part Jordan seemed to follow the rules. Caveat: I hated him and the Bulls cuz they gave us hell but Jordan>Lebron all day everyday and 5 times on Sunday!

Having said that, Lebron would probably be on my all time first team.

pg Magic

sg Mike

sf- Lebron

pf- ? (Not Karl or chuck..maybe Timmy Duncan)

c- The Dream

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I told my gf as a joke that Kobe picked this game cuz he loved Trae. Wow that’s awesome it’s his daughter. Love ❤️ it!

"Yeah but .. you see when I had gave him a bro-hug.  See … 'cause Kobe likes me so the Laker fans should like me too and … see me 'n him are boys and so … I took a selfie with him and all that an' … did you see me give 'im a bro-hug?  Lookit me, lookit em, lookit me ... please?" - L. James

This may or may not be an "exact" quote.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

'Cool story, bro' time.  In looking for positives, I forgot to mention this:

.. and I don't know if anyone has mentioned it already.  If so, I apologize for the re-post .. actually, no, I do not apologize.  If it's a re-post, just skip over it you whiny bahstid! ... sorry, I'm still a little salty from no sleep the past few nights.  Anyways ...

Despite Lebron tryna make it about him, the real reason Kobe came to our game is to let his daughter meet her favorite player.  One Mr. Trae Young ...

It should be noted that Kobe does not come to many Laker games so this was a big deal.  A big deal that has absolutely nothing to do with Lebron.

Cute little story.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

On a team full of rookies, inexperienced players, and newbies i think not having Vince available is something that is being overlooked.

Ya I agree even if he doesn’t contribute every night I think players have a feeling of wanting to make the rights plays for him lol. Maybe not but he does get into them I think like K Willis shoving a Smoove head into the huddle in 05.

• Like 1