• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official Brandon Goodwin Stan Group

NBASupes

I was so desperate for us to have a dependable backup point was willing to hang onto Wallace for the season a while back but now, wow. Goodwin is the  guy we have needed with very little doubt.

• Like 4

What am I missing with Goodwin?  Are you guys excited over one game or is there something more here? I mean I loved what I saw from him in Orlando, but that's just one game. 

Has he been tearing it up in G league?  What makes everyone say we've found our backup point guard besides the poor play of everyone attempting to play point, but Trae? 

Edited by marco102

4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

What am I missing with Goodwin?  Are you guys excited over one game or is there something more here? I mean I loved what I saw from him in Orlando, but that's just one game. 

Has he been tearing it up in G league?  What makes everyone say we've found our backup point guard besides the poor play of everyone attempting to play point, but Trae? 

The thing about the G-league is that he has shown us he can score and very well but that league does not display the defense we saw at NBA level. So, hell yeah I am excited because we have no quality D at point unless Cam is thrown there and that will not ever be Cam's natural position for us.  I'll take Goodwin's defense there happily.

• Like 3

Just now, Thomas said:

The thing about the G-league is that he has shown us he can score and very well but that league does not display the defense we saw at NBA level. So, hell yeah I am excited because we have no quality D at point unless Cam is thrown there and that will not ever be Cam's natural position for us.  I'll take it happily.

I loved his defensive effort this game and the offensive output of course. I just hope he can sustain it. I won't say we've found our backup point guard for this season until I've seen a larger sample size. I'm really excited about Goodwin though. I live in Norcross and he went to school here.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

I loved his defensive effort this game and the offensive output of course. I just hope he can sustain it. I won't say we've found our backup point guard for this season until I've seen a larger sample size. I'm really excited about Goodwin though. I live in Norcross and he went to school here.

You just gotta love the home grown stuff right? Lou, KCP, Brown, Edwards and Goodwin are really great examples.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I'm the head of the Edwards stan group...lol.

Really would be so nice not to see a double or zone and one on Edwards at all times but you know, I wish horses could fly too, would be so cool right. Really wish he could develop at UGA past this year but even with the fun run and gun of Crean don't think there is any way for that. Will enjoy it while I can.

• Like 3

Goodwin has a natural feel for point and can really defend. I had hoped for a good while Bembry could be that guy, you know after he frustrated Harden and handled the ball somewhat well as a rookie, absolutely no fruition there unfortunately. I blew that call badly. Think this kid BG has a future with us but understand folks wanting that larger screen picture with a bunch of games. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, marco102 said:

Well it only took me One game to realize hes a better backup PG than Evan Turner..

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
16 hours ago, AHF said:

We don’t know if he is our future at backup pg but we know that outside of Trae we have no present and Goodwin has shown enough to be intriguing.  With the defense he has shown that looks like a reasonable floor with intriguing upside.   One game maybe but is there a good reason not to give him every chance at this point?

Non. We haven't had "one" game like that from anyone else at the backup PG spot so not sure why a fan wouldn't get excited over what BG did last game. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1