• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

17 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Uhm ... how does Lavine make anyone a playoff threat tho?

CHI arguably has as much, if not more, raw talent than we do and they were terri-bad his whole time there.  I'm just saying, for him to push us to some higher level, he'll literally have to do things we've never seen him do.  Ever.

Alls I'm saying is it looks good on paper but, once you go 3D with it, .. ehhh, I'm dubious.

I'd say it's more likely, after about 6 games he'll be in the media asking why he don't get more shots.  Ooh but wait'll y'all see what I've been working for the (non-existent) 2021 dunk contest.

I think we've established today that Hueter is the player going out from the Hawks in the "3 team mega trade", like I predicted earlier. So we have to be bringing a SG back. Go down the list of shooting guards out there and tell me who you think it could be, if not LaVine. There's literally no one else. 

And I think you're crazy if you don't think LaVine is an upgrade over Huerter at this point in their careers. They're probably a wash on defense, but LaVine is just better on offense right now. 

Capela will also be a new addition and Supes is rumoring Heyward.

Additions of LaVine + Heyward + Capela = Playoffs in the East

Edited by ShooterSays
  • Like 1

• Admin
1 minute ago, ShooterSays said:

I think we've established today that Hueter is the player going out from the Hawks in the "3 team mega trade", like I predicted earlier. So we have to be bringing a SG back. Go down the list of shooting guards out there and tell me who you think it could be, if not LaVine. There's literally no one else. 

And I think you're crazy if you don't think LaVine is an upgrade over Huerter at this point in their careers. They're probably a wash on defense, but LaVine is just better on offense right now. 

LaVine + Heyward + Capela = Playoffs in the East

Where has it been established?  Unless it is from Supes or Camp it hasn’t.  

• Like 1

Just now, capstone21 said:

Where has it been established?  Unless it is from Supes or Camp it hasn’t.  

They've specifically said it's not Trae, Capela, or the 2019 lottery guys (Reddish and Hunter.) Travis said in his press conference today, "Our hope is to get something done with him (John Collins)."

That only leaves one player...

3 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

LaVine + Heyward + Capela = Playoffs in the East

The question isn't 'is he individually better at basketball than Heurter?'.  The question is 'is he better for this team than Heurter?'  I'd say that's very much up for debate.

In theory and on paper, it's a clear runaway for Lavine.  But, in reality, role buy-in matters in a tangible way.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

The question isn't 'is he individually better at basketball than Heurter?'.  The question is 'is he better for this team than Heurter?'  I'd say that's very much up for debate.

In theory and on paper, it's a clear runaway for Lavine.  But, in reality, role buy-in matters in a tangible way.

I get your point and it's a valid argument. I'm just piecing together the clues that we've been given and I think this trade makes the most sense. 

Personally, I think upgrading to a 25 PPG 38% three point shooter would be an upgrade over Huerter.

1 minute ago, ShooterSays said:

I get your point and it's a valid argument. I'm just piecing together the clues that we've been given and I think this trade makes the most sense. 

Personally, I think upgrading to a 25 PPG 38% three point shooter would be an upgrade over Huerter.

I hear you, sir.  I'd just miss the Red Mamba.  And every time I see Lavine jak up some ill-advised shot I'll be ...

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e47p7k96pe945rr8e3ba

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, kg01 said:

I hear you, sir.  I'd just miss the Red Mamba.  And every time I see Lavine jak up some ill-advised shot I'll be ...

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e47p7k96pe945rr8e3ba

Lol love that gif!

Yeah, I was just saying in that original post it's not a perfect fit. BUT, I think LaVine buys you two years while guys like Cam and Hunter develop and will make us more competitive than we are right now with Huerter. LaVine is just better right now.

And it's all about doing what we have to in order to be competitive this year and keep Trae happy. I think this move does that and doesn't hurt our future (I'd miss Huerter too btw.)

• Like 3

After all the talk I cannot find a better offseason plan that going hard after some FA this year as Christian Wood (15m$ a year), Gordon Hayward (20) Derrick Jones Jr(4)  Skal(2) and Austin Rivers(2) (naming one of the options) and draft Haliburton. We add about the same talent we are adding with these trades and do not lose anything.

Trae/Hali/Rivers

Cam/Huerter/Hayward

Hayward/Hunter/Jones Jr

Collins/Wood/Skal

Capela/Dedmon/Bruno

Plan B fo Wood, Bertans and Jerami Grant, adjust money for it

Plan B for Hayward, Jae Crowder.

Plan B for Rivers, Napier, Dunn, Teague.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Let's be honest, I really just used that post to embed some WhOubre slander.

I can't stand that dude.

OKC trying to trade Adams now. They'll probably send Oubre with him....lol

• Haha 2

• Premium Member

This is ridiculous. 

Supes has been on the Squawk since 2003 or before.  Since coming, he has always talked about having a source. 

2017-Present                 Travis Schlenk
2015-2017 Wes Wilcox
2012-2015 Danny Ferry
2008-2012 Rick Sund
2003-2008 Billy Knight

These are the GMs that have perched the top of the Hawks realm in those years. 

Do you believe that all these guys confided in the same source... that has confides in Supes?  What does the source get for sharing his privilaged information with Supes?  Does the source never worry about "job security" knowing that he's sharing information with a source that's taking the information to a messageboard?  For almost 20 years, through changing administrations this source gives out information with no fear of what may happen if the wrong thing leaked?  If he has no fear.. why is the information always given shrouded in secrecy until it comes out fully?  Why is it always given as if "a Big deal may or may not be coming" kind of thing?

I have found if you have a solid understanding of the cap and you read enough ESPN, Hoopshype, and other sites, there's almost always enough information given that would allow one to contrive a good rumor.   IDK.  But then you have to ask.. what's the benefit of going through all of this? Importance?  How many likes can you get on FB kinda stuff.  🙂

6 minutes ago, Marvin24Williams said:

Feels like OKC is goona trade their whole roster outside of SGA, Dort, and Bazley

How good will Phoenix Be after this deal though?  Did they just make a move that pushes them into the top 3 in the West?

• Admin
11 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

What if megadeal is Indiana, Phili and Hawks

Hawks trade Dedmon and Huerter and recieve Josh Richardson.

Phili recieves Oladipo 

Indiana receives Dedmon and Huerter

I would call that just a trade ... although I do like Josh Richardson and like this deal ... it is not a so called mega trade 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

We all have healthy skepticism.  Yeah, some folks are a little too "into it", but we're all just talkin' Hawks here.

The question is why are you (and some of you lurkers) so keen on knocking soups off this non-existent perch anyways?

Maybe it's the ones that "a little too into it".  I'm not running around telling kids that there's no Easter Bunny or anything but  this thread is 300+ pages of people asking supes when it's going to happen?  When is the mighty Basketball god going to grant the Hawks a victory in tradeworld.   I'm just hoping that people are using logic here and not hook lined and sinkered.  But if you think it's healthy to let Trump continue to believe what he believes.. Ok.

• Haha 3