• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, JTB said:

I agree his post are top notch. Everything regarding Lavine makes sense but that’s not necessarily a playoff move . Not that lavine isn’t or can’t be a good player but his defense so far hasn’t been good even though you’d think given his awesome athleticism that he’d be able to defend no problem.

on the other side of things I actually think Trae and Levine is a very nice backcourt offensively that could be a nightmare offensive unit when have the two of them plus Collins.

if we can add Hayward along with Lavine is that a playoff team?

trae+Lavine+Hayward+Collins+Capela

that’s a starting unit of only 2 good known defensive players in Hayward and Capela

I agree with you but I feel like good schemes and team defense is worth much more than individual D.  Of course size matters and raw ability, but I have faith that  McMillan can get "bad" defenders to be at least mediocre in a good defense.  I'm not saying they wouldn't get exposed in the playoffs but defense is probably the slowest skill guys develop in the NBA.  I think Trae can be bad instead of terrible and Collins can be a + instead of below average with enough work.

All that to say I still don't know how I feel about LaVine.  I can read his stats but I have probably watched the guy play in only a few games.  What do y'all think of him?? Is he worth $20M?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

I just hope we don't lose JC in this. I really do think if we could sign Hayward to be SF the only other spot is SG. Unless we are getting Harden I just don't know who that SG would be that would be a megatrade.

Lavine and McCollum are good players but not mega trade players. At least not to me. 

Donovan Mitchell? lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DS5 said:

It has to be a team that needs cap space. I don't remember supes shutting this theory down:

Atlanta: Ben Simmons and Horford 

Philly: Oladipo, John Collins, Huerter

Indiana: Dedmon, Josh Richardson 

But I think it's contingent on OKC taking Philly's offer for maybe Tobias Harris and Thybulle for Chris Paul. 

Horford and Capela? lol. Thats worse than Horford and Embiid..

6 minutes ago, terrell said:

Yeah I dont see a huge dropoff from Hali/Hayes to Maxey,Lewis/Terry,Anthony, etc...

Well to be fair...Hayes is most probably going to be the best point guard in this draft but he'll take a bit longer. Anthony should be able to play meaningful minutes fairly quickly.

• Like 1

As brought to you by members of this board a week ago.

Sources tell Vecenie that the Timberwolves still haven’t finalized a decision on what they’ll do with their No. 1 pick, as they expect “real” trade offers to start coming in during the next couple days. However, Givony and Woo have both heard that most teams around the NBA are operating as if the Wolves will select Anthony Edwards if they stay put.

via Hoops Rumors
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Update:

CP3 trade should be going down before draft day, this will ultimately kick off all of the trades. 

Jrue Holiday/LaMelo blockbuster is expected to go down right before the draft if at all. 

Hawks/Pacers/3rd team is not expected to be going early but there might be draft implications from the 3rd team to Indy which means we might see a deal via draft night. 

Hayward will be dealt if he opts in for a bigger piece to their pie. 

Indy is open to keeping Oladipo if they don't find the right deal. I was told even if our deal falls through, Indy could just keep Dipo. 

Indy is still looking to move up for Killian Hayes or one of the PGs and Goga is the target of Boston if Hayward opts out. 

No information on the Hawks if they move down who they would target. He is basically saying the Hawks have a plan for everything. I wish I was in Travis big room to see how they are planning this

So we're out on Hayward? Or do you think he opts out?

Edited by terrell

6 minutes ago, thecampster said:

As brought to you by members of this board a week ago.

Sources tell Vecenie that the Timberwolves still haven’t finalized a decision on what they’ll do with their No. 1 pick, as they expect “real” trade offers to start coming in during the next couple days. However, Givony and Woo have both heard that most teams around the NBA are operating as if the Wolves will select Anthony Edwards if they stay put.

via Hoops Rumors

I hope they do so we wont trade up for him..Nice player will be there at 6..

Yeah, I agree. All analysts describe this as a flat draft, with one of the plateaus being from 4 to 20 of the first round. Everyone is trying to trade down. If we get two players, such as Vassell, Maxey, or Cole at 13 and 17, you can't tell me players like Haliburton, Avdija, and Okorro clearly more talented than them. Heck the way the board is playing out, theoretically, right now, both Okorro and Hayes could slide outside of the top 10 and be within reach.

34 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

"Mega" is in the eye of the beholder. I'd consider landing a 2 x Dunk Champ, 25 ppg scorer who shoots 38% from 3 to be mega.

Well, not to be argumentative buuuut ....

Slam dunk stuff means less than nothing.  25 pts/game could easily be seen as "welp, somebody's gotta score on a bad team".  38% from 3 is nice.

Taken further, he has probably the worst personal winning percentage of any player in the history of the nba.  Not all his fault clearly but .... it's not not his fault.  Perfect size and athleticism to be a plus defender but ... isn't.  Why?

Long story long, he's not an all-star and isn't close to being one so = ain't mega in my book.

All that said, I won't fight you if you do like him.  Just offering my point of view.

Just now, parfait said:

Yeah, I agree. All analysts describe this as a flat draft, with one of the plateaus being from 4 to 20 of the first round. Everyone is trying to trade down. If we get two players, such as Vassell, Maxey, or Cole at 13 and 17, you can't tell me players like Haliburton, Avdija, and Okorro clearly more talented than them. Heck the way the board is playing out, theoretically, right now, both Okorro and Hayes could slide outside of the top 10 and be within reach.

19 minutes ago, terrell said:

Yeah I dont see a huge dropoff from Hali/Hayes to Maxey,Lewis/Terry,Anthony, etc...

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, parfait said:

The other clue I remember @NBASupes giving about the Megatrade was that we would be acquiring a "playmaker." Does Lavine or even Siakam qualify for this label? Could this point towards B. Simmons once again? My brain is short-circuiting!

IIRC, he said the point guard we are possibly getting back (he's not the main piece of the trade) is a smart play making pg but not a defender.

• Moderators
36 minutes ago, mrhonline said:

Historically, there's not really that great a drop-off in likelihood of star quality from the mid-lottery to the late lottery.  For that reason, a smart GM would want quantity.

First, you can only develop so many young players.  For a GM that already has like 6 guys they will want to develop age 22 or younger, there is an issue bringing in multiple rookies to develop while trying simultaneously to make the playoffs.

Second, I don't know that there is any study that shows an insignificant difference from 6 to 13 or 6 to 17.  The chart you posted would suggest a material diminishment in expected value from 6 to 13.  A bigger gap than from than from 13 to 30.

image.png 

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Well, not to be argumentative buuuut ....

Slam dunk stuff means less than nothing.  25 pts/game could easily be seen as "welp, somebody's gotta score on a bad team".  38% from 3 is nice.

Taken further, he has probably the worst personal winning percentage of any player in the history of the nba.  Not all his fault clearly but .... it's not not his fault.  Perfect size and athleticism to be a plus defender but ... isn't.  Why?

Long story long, he's not an all-star and isn't close to being one so = ain't mega in my book.

All that said, I won't fight you if you do like him.  Just offering my point of view.

I can't argue with anything you're saying either. He just checks the boxes of Supes' rumor and also checks most of the boxes from a basketball fit perspective for this team.

We're not trading for a PG.
SF the rumor is Heyward. If you dig deeper into SF, there's no one there that makes any sense from a mega trade perspective.
PF, no one can convince me that we're trading JC. When we traded for Capela, Trae and JC we're the 2 main pieces of the core. Capela was brought in to complement them. No way they trade JC before seeing that trio play 1 game together.
C, obviously not going to be a center based on the above.

That leaves SG. And when you go down the list of top shooting guards, LaVine is the name that jumps out and makes the most sense. His name is also attached to a lot of trade rumors. Where there's smoke....there's fire.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

I can't argue with anything you're saying either. He just checks the boxes of Supes' rumor and also checks most of the boxes from a basketball fit perspective for this team.

We're not trading for a PG.
SF the rumor is Heyward. If you dig deeper into SF, there's no one there that makes any sense from a mega trade perspective.
PF, no one can convince me that we're trading JC. When we traded for Capela, Trae and JC we're the 2 main pieces of the core. Capela was brought in to complement them. No way they trade JC before seeing that trio play 1 game together.
C, obviously not going to be a center based on the above.

That leaves SG. And when you go down the list of top shooting guards, LaVine is the name that jumps out and makes the most sense. His name is also attached to a lot of trade rumors. Where there's smoke....there's fire.

100%.  Also, getting to the playoffs is not the same as trying to win a ring.  Lavine will be off this contract after 2 years with the Hawks, when they could make decisions on what they've seen the past 2 years from the developing young guys.  His contract and timeline would be a perfect fit for us going forward, so I could definitely see this one happening.  

• Like 2

• Admin
26 minutes ago, parfait said:

The other clue I remember @NBASupes giving about the Megatrade was that we would be acquiring a "playmaker." Does Lavine or even Siakam qualify for this label? Could this point towards B. Simmons once again? My brain is short-circuiting!

The playmaker is TJ McConnell who is the throw in

• Sad 1

Just now, JeffS17 said:

100%.  Also, getting to the playoffs is not the same as trying to win a ring.  Lavine will be off this contract after 2 years with the Hawks, when they could make decisions on what they've seen the past 2 years from the developing young guys.  His contract and timeline would be a perfect fit for us going forward, so I could definitely see this one happening.  

THIS 100%. LaVine makes you a playoff contender right now. Which keeps Trae happy and gives Cam and Hunter 2 years to develop. It's all about giving our core time to develop WHILE being competitive. LaVine does this.

Is he a perfect fit right now? No.

But in 2 years, Cam and Hunter may very well be a perfect fit for this team and both entering their prime.

• Like 2

• Moderators
Just now, JeffS17 said:

Assuming you aren't giving up a lot to get him, the big question becomes around who you believe in between Huerter, Cam, Hunter and Lavine.  I guess I'm assuming Huerter is shipped out to get him.  Then you look at the 3 remaining and Cam is the guy I value the most out of that group.  Unfortunately, he and Lavine play the same position and Lavine has played 35 mpg or more 3 of the last 4 years.  Lavine would need to be willing to accept a role in the 28-30 minute range to make that work (a similar workload to where I'd want to see Cam and Hunter).

If he could ever actually try on defense and could keep up his recent improved scoring efficiency, then it is intriguing to think about the damage those guys could do on offense together.  Trae, JC, Lavine and Capela (in his limited role) would all be big plus efficiency scorers for their positions.  Cam and Hunter would presumably continue to improve their own efficiency (in Jan - Mar 2020 Hunter was roughly .540% TS% while Cam was even better than Lavine at .574% TS%).  Would be an exciting team on that side of the floor.