• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

1 minute ago, JTB said:

Yup that’s the only thing that makes sense IF it’s JC.

But is a 26 yr old Siakum better than a 23 yr old Collins though? I dont know man......................

6 minutes ago, JTB said:

And why would GIannis want to go to Toronto in 2021? Giannis and an aging Lowry arent winning anything.

Edited by terrell

4 minutes ago, terrell said:

But is a 26 yr old Siakum better than a 23 yr old Collins though? I dont know man......................

Let’s be real here. We all love Collins and JC is a good player but Spicy P is a way better defender than Collins. Yes Collins defense improved but he’s miles miles from what Siakiam is on defense. Siakiam and capela would be hands down the best defensive big dou in the east.

offensively JC is the better shooter but Siakiam is atleast shown to be avg from the 3 the past two seasons and much much improved from the free throw line. Off ball movements I would give JC the edge but I would give Siakiam the edge to create for himself with the ball in his hands better than JC.

Offense will always triumph defense in the nba but Collins offense is not superb/elite enough to discount Siakiam who’s more of a two way player who can still put up 20 plus pts per game.

4 minutes ago, terrell said:

And why would GIannis want to go to Toronto? Giannis and an aging Lowry arent winning anything.

Ujiri is good at what he does and Lowrys contract comes off the books next season. Ujiri could be planning his own big 3 in Toronto next off season if giannis listens to him 

10 minutes ago, JTB said:

But if it is Siakam, we'd have 7'1(Cam), 7'2(Hunter), 7'3(Siakam), and 7'5(Capela) wingspans around Trae...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JTB said:

Let’s be real here. We all love Collins and JC is a good player but Spicy P is a way better defender than Collins. Yes Collins defense improved but he’s miles miles from what Siakiam is on defense. Siakiam and capela would be hands down the best defensive big dou in the east.

offensively JC is the better shooter but Siakiam is atleast shown to be avg from the 3 the past two seasons and much much improved from the free throw line. Off ball movements I would give JC the edge but I would give Siakiam the edge to create for himself with the ball in his hands better than JC.

Offense will always triumph defense in the nba but Collins offense is not superb/elite enough to discount Siakiam who’s more of a two way player who can still put up 20 plus pts per game.

Ujiri is good at what he does and Lowrys contract comes off the books next season. Ujiri could be planning his own big 3 in Toronto next off season if giannis listens to him 

Siakam is also a much better ball handler and playmaker...But hes also overpaid..

Edited by terrell

1 minute ago, terrell said:

Siakam is also a much better ball handler and playmaker...But hes also overpaid..

I’m not sure if he’s a better playmaker but ball handler yes that’s proven fact.

Is he overpaid? Yeah I guess so since this years playoffs he was no where near as good as he was the previous playoffs but that just proves he’s not a true number 1 option but rather a better fit being a number 2 option. 

siakam defense is good and offense is good in my eyes he has the ability to drop 20 plus pts just like Collins. I do think Collins is the better rebounder but that’s hard to say because Collins played with some pretty bad to almost average centers who couldn’t rebound  and siakam played with Marc gasol and that whole raptors team rebounded well. Capela is an absolute beast on the boards so it’s possible we could see Collins numbers go down slightly due to that.

12 minutes ago, terrell said:

But if it is Siakam, we'd have 7'1(Cam), 7'2(Hunter), 7'3(Siakam), and 7'5(Capela) wingspans around Trae...

HALLLLLEEEOOOOO

Just to add even though Hayward isn’t a long defender like those you named above he is still a good defender.

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, NBASupes said:

He was been hearing Atlanta was targeting two mid 1sts if they moved down and this would be it. This would save Atlanta some salary which is needed for the blockbuster deal and Hayward signing. 

So, #6 -for- #13/#17 doesn't make a meaningful salary difference even if you take the roster slot charge into consideration. 

From a "value" perspective, this move is slightly in favor of the Hawks.  Nothing dramatic, but the media will rip the Hawks for not going for a home run (because they don't rate the young wings). In a draft where everyone at the top wants to trade down, it's a decent move.

image.png

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bird_dirt said:

😂😂😂

I know it won't happen, but this thread is 309 pages of stuff that won't happen. 

Start from the beginning and you'll see there is a lot in this thread that did happen. The teams may have changed or the pieces but many of the things discussed in this thread over the last year plus had legs. They just didn't materialize as first presented.

It is time to put a small bit of speculation to bed.

1st any incoming deal would add to Atlanta's cap, not subtract.

2nd all players involved need to be signed already since this is a 3 team trade that will technically occur on the 20-21 books.

Issues with the Toronto deal discussed.

Although Toronto has practical cap space, they currently have cap holds that push them to a theoretical cap of 210 million (or 101 million over the cap).  They have cap holds on Van Fleet, Ibaka and Gasol that add up to $90 million. Because the proposed deal doesn't land Toronto within 5 million of the salary they are sending in and out, they would have to deal with all 3 of the above before being able to trade Siakam.

Same song, Indiana has 126 million in cap allocations. Their in and out salary will also need to be within trade norms.

Assuming the deal is Dedmon and Huerter out - That is less than 18 million in outgoing salary from Atlanta. This now places Atlanta with a theoretical $63 million in space to absorb players from the trade and sign 1 player (like Hayward). In order to meet Supes qualification that this would present us with cap issues and assuming any deal for Hayward would be about $25m/per...this would mean Atlanta would be taking back at least a player of Siakam's salary level and then a bit. 

You guys are trying to simplify it, but the moving pieces won't fit as 2 of the teams involved would still remain over the cap and not receive equivalent salary value.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2020 at 10:10 PM, NBASupes said:

Indy

Indy has been in talks with Atlanta and a 3rd team. This is a massive deal that has been in talks now for months, I even think I mentioned it on here before. Basically, the Atlanta part of the deal is done but the 3rd team is still far away from where they need to be for Indy. The only players I can say are in this deal is Oladipo to the 3rd team and Dedmon to one of the teams. This would be a major deal for all team involved. Indy is NOT rebuilding; they are simply retooling. They want to be a contender in the east like we want to be. They will be tight on offseason spending. Justin Holiday might be on the way out due to salary. Justin is getting a lot of interest from contenders for a mid MLE level player.

Just saying... the following works in trade machine... I DO NOT think the Hawks are trading JC. I understand the case that can be made for it, I just don't think it's happening. With the rumors surrounding us being aggressive on the Heyward front, that leaves SHOOTING GUARD as the one spot that can be involved in a "mega" trade. 

If you go down the list of top SG's, the only players that I could see being traded and fit are timeline are:

• Hield
  • Smart
  • LaVine
  • McCollum
  • Holiday

I wouldn't consider Hield or Smart to be mega trade worthy, and everything points to Holiday going to a contender. That leaves McCollum and LaVine. I couldn't get a McCollum trade to work in trade machine, but I think he's possible. BUT, the following trade does work:

Hawks: LaVine
Bulls: Oladipo 
Pacers: Dedmon, Huerter 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Just saying... the following works in trade machine... I DO NOT think the Hawks are trading JC. I understand the case that can be made for it, I just don't think it's happening. With the rumors surrounding us being aggressive on the Heyward front, that leaves SHOOTING GUARD as the one spot that can be involved in a "mega" trade. 

If you go down the list of top SG's, the only players that I could see being traded and fit are timeline are:

• Hield
  • Smart
  • LaVine
  • McCollum
  • Holiday

I wouldn't consider Hield or Smart to be mega trade worthy, and everything points to Holiday going to a contender. That leaves McCollum and LaVine. I couldn't get a McCollum trade to work in trade machine, but I think he's possible. BUT, the following trade does work:

Hawks: LaVine
Bulls: Oladipo 
Pacers: Dedmon, Huerter 

I'm calling strait BS on the JC for Siakam. Not happening.