• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

43 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Issues with the Toronto deal discussed.

Although Toronto has practical cap space, they currently have cap holds that push them to a theoretical cap of 210 million (or 101 million over the cap).  They have cap holds on Van Fleet, Ibaka and Gasol that add up to $90 million. Because the proposed deal doesn't land Toronto within 5 million of the salary they are sending in and out, they would have to deal with all 3 of the above before being able to trade Siakam  

So how does the cap hold work exactly? Would TOR not be able to renounce the rights to, say, Ibaka + Gasol and it would solve the problem? Not that this trade is happening - just in general. 

1 minute ago, h4wkfan said:

So how does the cap hold work exactly? Would TOR not be able to renounce the rights to, say, Ibaka + Gasol and it would solve the problem? Not that this trade is happening - just in general. 

Practical cap is what you can get to.

Holds are things that must be handled in order. As long as the player with the hold is not renounced or not signed by another team, the hold remains. So in order to do a trade with lopsided salaries moving from 2 squads, the hold players would need to be waived first or signed by other teams or signed to lower salaries with their current teams.  Some times you hear these things done when salaries rules don't match but what matters (during the off season) is the order the NBA processes the transactions.

So in a deal where Siakam leaves, something has to happen with those other 3 players. The question you'd have to ask yourself is "is acquiring a player for Siakam worth losing 2 of those if they're retainable?".

• Like 1

Just now, gurpilo said:

Ummm something I am considering is that instead of Collins is Capela who is traded  and we receive Turner with other moving pieces as Norman Powell or Jeremy Lamb coming our way also. Is that a possibility?

I think Supes has sad Trae, Capela, and the 2019 lottery guys (Hunter, Reddish) are not going anywhere.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Just saying... the following works in trade machine... I DO NOT think the Hawks are trading JC. I understand the case that can be made for it, I just don't think it's happening. With the rumors surrounding us being aggressive on the Heyward front, that leaves SHOOTING GUARD as the one spot that can be involved in a "mega" trade. 

If you go down the list of top SG's, the only players that I could see being traded and fit are timeline are:

• Hield
  • Smart
  • LaVine
  • McCollum
  • Holiday

I wouldn't consider Hield or Smart to be mega trade worthy, and everything points to Holiday going to a contender. That leaves McCollum and LaVine. I couldn't get a McCollum trade to work in trade machine, but I think he's possible. BUT, the following trade does work:

Hawks: LaVine
Bulls: Oladipo 
Pacers: Dedmon, Huerter 

But what practical purpose does sending out Dedmon/Huerter at <$18 million for LaVine ($19.5 million) serve? Technically this absorbs $2 million more in space for LaVine and pushes either Cam or Hunter to the bench. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, thecampster said:

But what practical purpose does sending out Dedmon/Huerter at <$18 million for LaVine ($19.5 million) serve? Technically this absorbs $2 million more in space for LaVine and pushes either Cam or Hunter to the bench. 

Doesn't having Huerter on the roster also push Cam or Hunter to the bench? Adding Heyward also pushes one of them to the bench. 

You're getting a better player in the trade if you're the Hawks. And if you look at trade rumors online, LOT of smoke for Oladipo AND Lavine right now. I think this trade makes sense. And with the information we've been given, it's the best I got lol

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Schlenk would validate my concerns about him and his inability to team build if he trades Collins. Relationships matter and I think his star players likes to play with Collins as well being friends with him off the court.  This would be a colossal mistake!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

just saw supes breaking news post on realgm but claim it’s from the Reddit board 🤦‍♂️... at least give the ‘squawk some credit

What is the breaking news exactly?

Just now, Peoriabird said:

Schlenk would validate my concerns about him and his inability to team build if he trades Collins. Relationships matter and I think his star players like to play with Collins as well being friends with him off the court.  This would be a colossal mistake!

That's why its not happening.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, mrhonline said:

So, #6 -for- #13/#17 doesn't make a meaningful salary difference even if you take the roster slot charge into consideration. 

From a "value" perspective, this move is slightly in favor of the Hawks.  Nothing dramatic, but the media will rip the Hawks for not going for a home run (because they don't rate the young wings). In a draft where everyone at the top wants to trade down, it's a decent move.

image.png

This is in the abstract.  If TS does this, he must not see the dropoff after pick 9 that I do.  If we do this, I'm pretty sure whoever we draft at 17 is someone I'm not going to have any real confidence in and whoever we take at 13 is going to look pretty ugly compared to who we could have had at 6.  

We need to see the full offseason before truly judging but right now I want quality vets and quality over quantity for draft picks.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, AHF said:

This is in the abstract.  If TS does this, he must not see the dropoff after pick 9 that I do.  If we do this, I'm pretty sure whoever we draft at 17 is someone I'm not going to have any real confidence in and whoever we take at 13 is going to look pretty ugly compared to who we could have had at 6.  

We need to see the full offseason before truly judging but right now I want quality vets and quality over quantity for draft picks.

If he does this its because Cole Anthony is available there as well as a few others. 

@thecampster has shot down everything that we’ve come up with . If it’s not Siakiam or Lavine then I really have no clue who it could be. 

The good thing is we may really know tomorrow. The bad thing is I really am having an adrenaline rush trying to figure out who the hell it is. It is driving me f***in insane 

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, JTB said:

@thecampster has shot down everything that we’ve come up with . If it’s not Siakiam or Lavine then I really have no clue who it could be. 

The good thing is we may really know tomorrow. The bad thing is I really am having an adrenaline rush trying to figure out who the hell it is. It is driving me f***in insane 

I just hope we don't lose JC in this. I really do think if we could sign Hayward to be SF the only other spot is SG. Unless we are getting Harden I just don't know who that SG would be that would be a megatrade.

Lavine and McCollum are good players but not mega trade players. At least not to me. 

• Like 1