Ask Supes

NBASupes

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, thecampster said:

If he does this its because Cole Anthony is available there as well as a few others. 

He has been a superstar drafter in the 10-20 range but I'm just not all that enthused about that part of the draft board.  He has earned enough for me to give him the benefit of the doubt even if I don't personally like it at the time of the draft.

4 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I just hope we don't lose JC in this. I really do think if we could sign Hayward to be SF the only other spot is SG. Unless we are getting Harden I just don't know who that SG would be that would be a megatrade.

Lavine and McCollum are good players but not mega trade players. At least not to me. 

I don't think Trae and Harden would be a good basketball fit. As far as LaVine not being a "mega" trade -

He was at 25 ppg, 1.5 steals, 5 boards, and 4 assists last year on .45/.38/.80 splits. He's also only 25 and fits our timeline.

SG makes the most sense for us to target in a big trade if my assumption is right that JC isn't going anywhere.

Google Zach LaVine and there's a lot of smoke about trade rumors. 

I really think it's LaVine lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, AHF said:

He has been a superstar drafter in the 10-20 range but I'm just not all that enthused about that part of the draft board.  He has earned enough for me to give him the benefit of the doubt even if I don't personally like it at the time of the draft.

I've read 2 mocks that have Okoro falling out of the top 10. I could see a scenario where would do this deal if it landed us Okoro and Anthony.

However (first thing I can break). The rumors involving the Hawks and GS do have legs. The rumors involving the Hawks and Knicks are a bit shorter legs. The rumors involving the Hawks/SA have even shorter legs. But all have legs. There are articles out there when San Antonio has tried to be involved and fleece everyone (not likely) by dangling Derozan (if he opts in) and Aldridge. Any San Antonio article where we we lose Reddish and 6 are writer click bait. But there have been talks with SA as a third team facilitator. The offers changed in the last 48 hours as teams are starting to get serious. I'm hoping to hear something later today.

IMHO we are > 70% likely to move out of 6. There are no less than 8 possible options. 

Back to GS. GS board goes Edwards, Wiseman and a list of guys who would be available at or after 6. If Edwards does not go 1, GS holds their pick and takes Edwards (this is more than highly likely). If Edwards goes 1 its 30/70 GS holds the pick at 2 (more than 2/1 they trade it and we are in that mix).

Edited by thecampster
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

I don't think Trae and Harden would be a good basketball fit. As far as LaVine not being a "mega" trade -

He was at 25 ppg, 1.5 steals, 5 boards, and 4 assists last year on .45/.38/.80 splits. He's also only 25 and fits our timeline.

SG makes the most sense for us to target in a big trade if my assumption is right that JC isn't going anywhere.

Google Zach LaVine and there's a lot of smoke about trade rumors. 

I really think it's LaVine lol

I know who Lavine is. The TWolves are my 1A team to the Hawks. He's a good player but he plays no defense at all. If you put him next to Trae that would be the worst defensive backcourt possibly ever in the history of the NBA.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I know who Lavine is. The TWolves are my 1A team to the Hawks. He's a good player but he plays no defense at all. If you put him next to Trae that would be the worst defensive backcourt possibly ever in the history of the NBA.

I question the defensive fit as well, but I think him and Huerter are probably a wash there. 

I'm just throwing out LaVine because I think he's the most likely based on the info we have, and the assumption it's not JC being traded.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

hace 1 minuto, LucastheThird dijo:

I'm glad the Spicy P rumor got shot down. But now I have no clue who the third team is supposed to be. Although I'm 90% sure Huerter is in the deal now.

Is it really closed?

hace 11 minutos, AHF dijo:

I completely agree, apart from Nesmith and Vassell, perhaps RJ Hampton I don't see a player worth adding on that range. However I can see Haliburton, Okongwu, even Toppin having a robust career, losing the opportunity to add a good player for 2 players that would be a late first round pick on other drafts, low chances of becoming a role player.

It has to be a team that needs cap space. I don't remember supes shutting this theory down:

Atlanta: Ben Simmons and Horford 

Philly: Oladipo, John Collins, Huerter

Indiana: Dedmon, Josh Richardson 

But I think it's contingent on OKC taking Philly's offer for maybe Tobias Harris and Thybulle for Chris Paul. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

I question the defensive fit as well, but I think him and Huerter are probably a wash there. 

I'm just throwing out LaVine because I think he's the most likely based on the info we have, and the assumption it's not JC being traded.

You could be right. The trade rumors from Chicago have said the current management isn't sold on Lavine as the guy going forwards so he could be traded.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DS5 said:

It has to be a team that needs cap space. I don't remember supes shutting this theory down:

Atlanta: Ben Simmons and Horford 

Philly: Oladipo, John Collins, Huerter

Indiana: Dedmon, Josh Richardson 

But I think it's contingent on OKC taking Philly's offer for maybe Tobias Harris and Thybulle for Chris Paul. 

I don't think pairing Simmons with Young/Capela works.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ShooterSays said:

Doesn't having Huerter on the roster also push Cam or Hunter to the bench? Adding Heyward also pushes one of them to the bench. 

You're getting a better player in the trade if you're the Hawks. And if you look at trade rumors online, LOT of smoke for Oladipo AND Lavine right now. I think this trade makes sense. And with the information we've been given, it's the best I got lol

I like it.  Make it happen.

Gonna name you "ShooterSupes" if you're correct.

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, Sothron said:

But who is going to stop that duo on offense?

• Like 2

Just now, Sothron said:

Ppl said the same thing about Harden and Westbrook so...

The Rockets screwed themselves when they traded Capela, and went to a strictly small ball system.  James and Russell got theirs.  The role players were schizophrenic.  Eric Gordon had a horrible year, by his standards.

PG - Trae

G - Lavine

G/F - Hunter

F - Collins

C - Capela

6th man - Cam

Even you have to look at that and say . . . hmmmm.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dean Walker said:

Harden to the nets seems to be close.

id rather tank and develop than watch Trae and co get the 8th/7th seed just to get destroyed by the Brooklyn nets......

This is what we said 3 years ago, when Lebron was destroying our barely playoff team.

These other teams are not going to wait for the Hawks to develop.  And when we finally get a chance to use cap space, they're not just going to let us get the players we want.

The teams that really try to better themselves, will move Heaven and Earth to get the people they want.

Who in their right mind would've thought that James Harden would've been a Brooklyn Net even 3 weeks ago.  But Brooklyn sees an opportunity to do it, and they going all in on trying to put 3 future Hall of Famers on the floor . . who are in their primes.

So how long are the Hawks supposed to stay bad?

As far as I'm concerned . . TIME'S UP!

Let's get back to being that fringe playoff team, and work from there to get to championship status.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

This is in the abstract.

Yes, that's why I said so ("value perspective"). But --- most NBA fans don't want to admit this --- it's less abstract than the mock drafts, draft boards, etc. Outside the top 2 or 3 picks every year, it's just guesswork.

1 hour ago, AHF said:

We need to see the full offseason before truly judging but right now I want quality vets and quality over quantity for draft picks.

Historically, there's not really that great a drop-off in likelihood of star quality from the mid-lottery to the late lottery.  For that reason, a smart GM would want quantity.

8 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

Harden to the nets seems to be close.

id rather tank and develop than watch Trae and co get the 8th/7th seed just to get destroyed by the Brooklyn nets......

Or we can be the 8-seed and whip their dysfunctional arses.

Actually, let's back up, that Nets team won't be a 1-seed because they'll implode long before that .

Or wait, ah you almost got me.  Hawks are the 1-seed in your scenario.  Sneaky, sneaky, Dean.  Sneaky, sneaky.

• Haha 1