• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

• Admin
23 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

Harden to the nets seems to be close.

id rather tank and develop than watch Trae and co get the 8th/7th seed just to get destroyed by the Brooklyn nets......

Its just a terrible combo ... three guys who need the ball to be effective but the problem is there is only one ball ... plus two can't guard a paper bag...  Nets will lose all of their depth... it won't work.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

Harden to the nets seems to be close.

id rather tank and develop than watch Trae and co get the 8th/7th seed just to get destroyed by the Brooklyn nets......

Also . . .

( touching your head like Mr. Spock.

REMEMBER 

Remember… Spock – Bio Break

I would MUCH rather for Trae, John, and the kids to have a moment like this in the playoffs, and lose to Brooklyn ( or whomever was the #1 seed ) than to continue to lose.

• Like 2

I also think LaVine makes the most sense based on his contract. His contract isn't bad at all: 2 years left at $19.5M. What happens in 2 years? Trae is getting PAID. This timing works out perfectly. Reddish is also probably ready to step up and take over the starting role.

I also think we stay at 6 and draft Okongwu in the draft. The beauty of Capela's contract comes into play here. Capela will be expiring just as Okongwu is entering his prime and is probably ready to take over at Center.

I expect us to sign Heyward as well to a 3 year deal. This timing also works out great with Reddish and Hunter being paid in 3 years.

Trae/FA/Goodwin
LaVine/Cam/FA
Heyward/Hunter/FA
Collins/Okongwu/Skal
Capela/Okongwu/Bruno

I obviously have zero inside information and this is just what I would do lol
But this is a playoff team and a competitive one at that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ShooterSays said:

I don't think Trae and Harden would be a good basketball fit. As far as LaVine not being a "mega" trade -

He was at 25 ppg, 1.5 steals, 5 boards, and 4 assists last year on .45/.38/.80 splits. He's also only 25 and fits our timeline.

SG makes the most sense for us to target in a big trade if my assumption is right that JC isn't going anywhere.

Google Zach LaVine and there's a lot of smoke about trade rumors. 

I really think it's LaVine lol

Lavine is one the only ones that seems remotely plausible. Hardly any of the other "mega" trades mentioned make any sense. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Lavine is one the only ones that seems remotely plausible. Hardly any of the other "mega" trades mentioned make any sense. 

Wasn't "this player is a current All-Star" a clue about the mystery "mega" trade player? If it's not Spicy P, it's gotta be Simmons.

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

I just hope we don't lose JC in this. I really do think if we could sign Hayward to be SF the only other spot is SG. Unless we are getting Harden I just don't know who that SG would be that would be a megatrade.

Lavine and McCollum are good players but not mega trade players. At least not to me. 

JC ain't going nowhere. We got the best pick n' roll duo in the game. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

I also think LaVine makes the most sense based on his contract. His contract isn't bad at all: 2 years left at $19.5M. What happens in 2 years? Trae is getting PAID. This timing works out perfectly. Reddish is also probably ready to step up and take over the starting role.

I also think we stay at 6 and draft Okongwu in the draft. The beauty of Capela's contract comes into play here. Capela will be expiring just as Okongwu is entering his prime and is probably ready to take over at Center.

I expect us to sign Heyward as well to a 3 year deal. This timing also works out great with Reddish and Hunter being paid in 3 years.

Trae/FA/Goodwin
LaVine/Cam/FA
Heyward/Hunter/FA
Collins/Okongwu/Skal
Capela/Okongwu/Bruno

I obviously have zero inside information and this is just what I would do lol
But this is a playoff team and a competitive one at that.

Hey man, I like your posts. You say things that are rational and make sense. That's actually a better guide than draft rumors/conjecture.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I don't even understand how the nets could acquire Harden.   Won't they be over the cap with just kyrie, kd, harden even if you include the rest of the nets in the deal?   Isn't this exactly why we have a cap?

Why would Houston do it anyway? Unless they are getting a PG13 style godfather deal there's no point. 

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I don't even understand how the nets could acquire Harden.   Won't they be over the cap with just kyrie, kd, harden even if you include the rest of the nets in the deal?   Isn't this exactly why we have a cap?

They are already operating over the cap so all they need to do is send out $41 mil in salary: Levert, Prince, Dinwiddie and another small contract gets them there.

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Hey man, I like your posts. You say things that are rational and make sense. That's actually a better guide than draft rumors/conjecture.

I agree his post are top notch. Everything regarding Lavine makes sense but that’s not necessarily a playoff move . Not that lavine isn’t or can’t be a good player but his defense so far hasn’t been good even though you’d think given his awesome athleticism that he’d be able to defend no problem.

on the other side of things I actually think Trae and Levine is a very nice backcourt offensively that could be a nightmare offensive unit when have the two of them plus Collins.

if we can add Hayward along with Lavine is that a playoff team?

trae+Lavine+Hayward+Collins+Capela

that’s a starting unit of only 2 good known defensive players in Hayward and Capela

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Indy is open to keeping Oladipo if they don't find the right deal. I was told even if our deal falls through, Indy could just keep Dipo

so if Indy keeps Dipo, where does that leave our 'Mega' deal?

2 hours ago, thecampster said:

If he does this its because Cole Anthony is available there as well as a few others. 

Yeah I dont see a huge dropoff from Hali/Hayes to Maxey,Lewis/Terry,Anthony, etc...

• Like 1