• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

7 hours ago, NBASupes said:

There is nothing between the Jazz and Hawks that concrete. The Jazz did ask to see the cost as did many teams but there is nothing there at this point based on what I received as recent as a week ago. What are you hearing?

3 team deal where Hawks get veteran pieces..

21 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Moving back is less guaranteed salary from the pick. They could use 6 to trade out of Dedmon if a better option is there....say someone opting out who wants to sign a long term deal.

He's one of the pieces getting traded in the blockbuster deal. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Even though I knew it was crap-porting (get it? crap reporting), I still ...

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e47wvh24oj5czgnfp4y8

That's a quota post man. he's gotta post something to meet his view quota. Its click bait but sounds reasonable since we have the cap to absorb. NY would be a much more likely destination (IMHO).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, AHF said:

Bear in mind that Atlanta has all the assets teams are looking for with cap space, young players and draft picks.  When teams try to float rumors to generate more interest in their potential deals, we are going to get mentioned a lot.  Ex:  "Atlanta's looking to offer their #6 for our thing of interest so you Knicks better offer that #8 quick if you don't want to miss your window of opportunity!"  

We are going to be the top rumor connected team with any of this stuff as teams try to use us for leverage.

Yeah, this makes sense.  With that said, I wouldn't be as disappointed as most with Jrue -- people overvalue potential imo.  The underlying assumption tends to be that guys will just continue to develop and get better until they're all all-stars or borderline all-stars.  If you look back at older draft classes, there's like a 50/50 shot the 6-10 picks materialize into good players, much less starters.  I feel like no one takes into account that risk when talking about trading picks and the actual value of the pick.  I'm not saying we should trade it for a 1 year rental, but I do think the odds of a 1 year rental resigning are not too far off from a mid-lottery pick developing into a solid starter.  It doesn't take long for people to get used to a new city, settle in, etc, and then the new status quo can potentially be "I live here I don't want to move again"

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

Yeah, this makes sense.  With that said, I wouldn't be as disappointed as most with Jrue -- people overvalue potential imo.  The underlying assumption tends to be that guys will just continue to develop and get better until they're all all-stars or borderline all-stars.  If you look back at older draft classes, there's like a 50/50 shot the 6-10 picks materialize into good players, much less starters.  I feel like no one takes into account that risk when talking about trading picks and the actual value of the pick.  I'm not saying we should trade it for a 1 year rental, but I do think the odds of a 1 year rental resigning are not too far off from a mid-lottery pick developing into a solid starter.  It doesn't take long for people to get used to a new city, settle in, etc, and then the new status quo can potentially be "I live here I don't want to move again"

All that was just for a different perspective -- I still don't really want a guy like Jrue or Holliday because their age doesn't really fit our timeline, even if they're great players right now.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

Unless Jrue comes with a willingness to pick up his option and/or sign an extension, this is a non-starter.  It's not about overvaluing draft potential, it's about using draft assets wisely to build your team, not for 1 season, but for the long haul.