• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

None of us really know what Trae is thinking and the organization sure as hell shouldn't make moves based on his desires alone.  Like it or not, we are still in the rebuilding phase.  Having said that, it's not controversial to say we should use a big portion of our cap space to at least try and surround him with some better, veteran talent and leadership.  But if it means making some desperate move with this 6th pick that only makes us superficially better for a year or maybe two, then screw that.  Let's see how things pan out in the coming month.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Eddielives said:

None of us really know what Trae is thinking and the organization sure as hell shouldn't make moves based on his desires alone.  Like it or not, we are still in the rebuilding phase.  Having said that, it's not controversial to say we should use a big portion of our cap space to at least try and surround him with some better, veteran talent and leadership.  But if it means making some desperate move with this 6th pick that only makes us superficially better for a year or maybe two, then screw that.  Let's see how things pan out in the coming month.

Here is the problem people keep missing.  Vets worth anything are going to big markets or contenders not 20 win teams.  Plus the Hawks don't have a coach anyone is dying to play for.  In fact, many of the vet players last year complained about the coaching staff so the rep. around the league can't be good.  I think it would be stupid to pass on talent in this draft for a rental since we worked so hard to be bad to get into this draft position.

5 minutes ago, Eddielives said:

I agree that the organization should not be making moves based on his desires. I sure don't like the fact that he is with Klutch Sports. 

40 minutes ago, Eddielives said:

Sorry but this old school mentality does not work in this era. You will not succeed if you do not cater to your star or upcoming star! I don’t care how young he is or amount of years he has put in , this generation don’t care about all of that. What makes things worse for the hawks is that we already can’t attract good or great talent even when we were a playoff team but things may change regarding that if we are a playoff team with a rising superstar like Trae.

that’s not to say I know what Trae is thinking cause I don’t ...but one thing I do know is that it’s known that he’s not happy with the losing per sources during the regular season. Trae allowed it to leak and I honestly don’t believe he tried to cover it up and his father Ray is not shy on Twitter whatsoever....all of That is good enough for me to say the hawks need to get on it and get this kid some talent here before we are all boo hooing about him wanting to leave and bitching about how we can’t ever sign a star or draft a star.

Now once he’s locked in to a long term contract like a devin Booker or KAT type of deal and situation....I will feel different but I think Trae is not like those two  in a sense that he will be bribed with money. I actually think he would be more like jimmy butler when butler became a restricted free agent he only signed a two year deal and actually tried to leave Chicago but of course they matched the offer that off season but as you know how the story goes he eventually left. I put Trae in that category. He knows he’s going to get his money! The kid just dropped 29/9 in year 2! Losing season or not, let’s not overthink this and act too prideful. We are the hawks not the Celtics or lakers....shit don’t come easy around here. Get the kid some talent around him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JTB said:

Sorry but this old school mentality does not work in this era. You will not succeed if you do not cater to your star or upcoming star! I don’t care how young he is or amount of years he has put in , this generation don’t care about all of that. What makes things worse for the hawks is that we already can’t attract good or great talent even when we were a playoff team but things may change regarding that if we are a playoff team with a rising superstar like Trae.

that’s not to say I know what Trae is thinking cause I don’t ...but one thing I do know is that it’s known that he’s not happy with the losing per sources during the regular season. Trae allowed it to leak and I honestly don’t believe he tried to cover it up and his father Ray is not shy on Twitter whatsoever....all of That is good enough for me to say the hawks need to get on it and get this kid some talent here before we are all boo hooing about him wanting to leave and bitching about how we can’t ever sign a star or draft a star.

Now once he’s locked in to a long term contract like a devin Booker or KAT type of deal and situation....I will feel different but I think Trae is not like those two  in a sense that he will be bribed with money. I actually think he would be more like jimmy butler when butler became a restricted free agent he only signed a two year deal and actually tried to leave Chicago but of course they matched the offer that off season but as you know how the story goes he eventually left. I put Trae in that category. He knows he’s going to get his money! The kid just dropped 29/9 in year 2! Losing season or not, let’s not overthink this and act too prideful. We are the hawks not the Celtics or lakers....shit don’t come easy around here. Get the kid some talent around him.

Making win now moves oftentimes does not actually help you win. Look at Boston, they brought in Kyrie, they brought in Hayward, they brought Kemba, yet none of those guys did or are doing that much for them. It's actually the young core of Tatum, Brown and Smart, drafted and developed, that is the key to their success. Trae is under contract for at least 2 more years, so let the kids grows, if we draft right it will all work out.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, terrell said:

Whats wrong with Klutch?

Nothing! Bad rep because everyone believes it’s another way for lebron to dictate the league but there’s some real competitors out there and perhaps these guys just wanted to sign under a black agency. Absolutely nothing wrong with it but I get why people worried.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Houston is stuck with that contract I'm afraid. This isn't the 2000's.

Believe it or not I bet they could easily trade him. I’m not a fan of westbricks game but he does leave it all on the court. There’s teams that still love him .

Just now, Wurider05 said:

I had no idea about Russ being willing to come to Atlanta. I was just putting his name out there because we got cap space. I had no idea he was making that much money going forward. Damn that's alot of money!!

That may not be true that the hawks are on his short list . It’s just a tweet I saw in another hawks group that our fellow fans are going crazy about.

@NBASupes or @thecampster can confirm but I am almost sure it’s not true