• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Unless Jrue comes with a willingness to pick up his option and/or sign an extension, this is a non-starter.  It's not about overvaluing draft potential, it's about using draft assets wisely to build your team, not for 1 season, but for the long haul.

It is though -- my point is that drafting someone at 6 is a risk that they will not materialize into a good player.  It happens all the time.  I'm just pointing out that using the pick has its risks as well.  I'm not advocating for a Holliday trade, but if it was a different good player, a few years younger, I wouldn't be opposed to gambling on them being a rental (if it's not clear one way or another).

1 hour ago, warcore said:

I don't want Jrue Holiday for #6 whether he signs an extension or not. His best years are behind him. He was in the same draft as Teague and Ty Lawson... he will soon be of similar value. Don't give this dude an extension. Save our money for better things. 

Kirschner is disputing the report according to his sources.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Listen, if you don't want Jrue because he is a rental, point taken.

But people are seriously underestimating his game and overall talent. He is one of the most respected guards in the NBA among his peers. He isn't flashy or a highlight machine, he just knows how to ball, period. Our team would benefit greatly from a player and leader like him in the locker room and on the court. 
I still believe we need a veteran ball handler to round out the lineup. For the right price, Jrue would be a great addition.

Saying his best years are behind him is also not true. His past three years are better than the previous 8.

Putting up 20, 7ast, 5rebs over the last 3 years.

Point is, if you dont like the price, thats one thing. But thinking kids like Hayes and Hali or vets like Teague can give you the same value is just flat out incorrect.

Holiday would have a Billups like impact in the right situation. Do not sleep on him.

Why is NO trading him though? 

8 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

But people are seriously underestimating his game and overall talent. He is one of the most respected guards in the NBA among his peers. He isn't flashy or a highlight machine, he just knows how to ball, period. Our team would benefit greatly from a player and leader like him in the locker room and on the court. 
I still believe we need a veteran ball handler to round out the lineup. For the right price, Jrue would be a great addition.

Saying his best years are behind him is also not true. His past three years are better than the previous 8.

Point is, if you dont like the price, thats one thing. But thinking kids like Hayes and Hali or vets like Teague can give you the same value is just flat out incorrect.

Holiday would have a Billups like impact in the right situation. Do not sleep on him.

I hate that we would possibly lose him in the deal. That’s the problem with the trade not his overall game.

we can’t afford to lose him and give away the 6th pick. If he would at least stay for 2 full seasons I’d do the deal but just one season rental I don’t know .

when we discussed this with pg it was damn near a given he’d probably opt in next summer and get his money before signing a new deal. With holiday he’s bound to make more money for sure so he wouldn’t second guess opting out ....it’s just risky

• Premium Member

I just listened  to a guy break down some good points (not about this trade specifically) about Jrue.

Based on what he said, I think that we could be getting Jrue.

Also based on what he said, I think it could be a three team deal:

Atlanta Gets Jrue.

Pelicans get #2.

GS gets #6 and #13.

Why...  GS is really high on Obi Toppin.  Sees him as the perfect pick and roll player with Curry. 

We are not interested in another diaper dandy.  Jrue is a proven commodity and he brings exactly what we need.

1 year rental or does he sign an extension.. I don't know.

However, I was listening to somebody talk about Jrue's age.  I was made to realize that Jrue is the same age as Klay and Steph.  We wouldn't turn down Klay or Steph.  Why would we turn down Jrue. 

Final Answer.  Jrue to Atlanta.   GS may get in on some of this though... or they go to Chicago. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Having said all that, which I agree with all of it.....how much success has he had winning with one of the best bigs on his team in Anthony Davis?

Like I said, if he picks up his option, I'm in.  If he doesn't I expect to get the #13 pick attached.

• Like 1