Ask Supes

NBASupes

23 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I just listened  to a guy break down some good points (not about this trade specifically) about Jrue.

Based on what he said, I think that we could be getting Jrue.

Also based on what he said, I think it could be a three team deal:

Atlanta Gets Jrue.

Pelicans get #2.

GS gets #6 and #13.

Why...  GS is really high on Obi Toppin.  Sees him as the perfect pick and roll player with Curry. 

We are not interested in another diaper dandy.  Jrue is a proven commodity and he brings exactly what we need.

1 year rental or does he sign an extension.. I don't know.

However, I was listening to somebody talk about Jrue's age.  I was made to realize that Jrue is the same age as Klay and Steph.  We wouldn't turn down Klay or Steph.  Why would we turn down Jrue. 

Final Answer.  Jrue to Atlanta.   GS may get in on some of this though... or they go to Chicago. 

Us getting Jrue sounds like a Hawks deal from the past.....gets us to mediocre yet competitive but still far from a championship contender.  I'll take the chance on still building a young core.  Pass!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Why is NO trading him though? 

Expiring contract and want to get value for him. They have Lonzo and maybe want a chance at his brother too.

Idk the reason, Im just saying.

18 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Having said all that, which I agree with all of it.....how much success has he had winning with one of the best bigs on his team in Anthony Davis?

Like I said, if he picks up his option, I'm in.  If he doesn't I expect to get the #13 pick attached.

No doubt.

You can ask the same question about AD. Why hadnt he done anything in his career before bolting for LA.

I think it had more to do with the culture in NO as well as playing in the West in the same division as some power house franchises.

Imagine playing contenders San Antonio, Houston, and Dallas 12 times a season and still having a record that would be good enough for 8th in the East most years.

9 minutes ago, Eddielives said:

Us getting Jrue sounds like a Hawks deal from the past.....gets us to mediocre yet competitive but still far from a championship contender.  I'll take the chance on still building a young core.  Pass!!

Our young core needs to be incubated around quality vets, not bolstered with more unproven youth.

At some point it becomes counter productive to winning in the NBA to have so much youth together. 

Jrue isnt a must have player. But veterans, experience, professionalism, leadership, toughness, are all elements that we need to be adding to our core. 

If we can keep our pick and add all of that, great. But if we come away from the offseason with another draft prospect and a bunch of Jeff Teague/ Dedmon type guys as our filler then we are not helping the growth of the young core that we already have invested in. 

• Like 4

We were not trying to win until now. We are not filling the team with crap FAs, we are filling the team with good players for now on. You must add to last year team Capela and hopefully Skal, that is a big plus on the front court. 

I expect Hawks to make at least 3 additional FA signings, 2 wings and a PG, hopefully a backup PF is also signed. One of the wings we are targeting is apparently Hayward which would be again a big plus. I think the players we are signing will be real contributors and will elevate the team level.

#6th pick is a real asset, there is a reason teams are trying to move up. Advija, Toppin, Okongwu, Haliburton, Hayes, 3 of those will be available and are really good prospects that can grow with our team. I prefer Haliburton and Okongwud but would be happy also with Advija or Hayes.

There is absolutely no reason to trade this asset for a one year rental even though Jrue is a real good player. Is not that we need to give our pick to receive a good vet, we have tons of cap space and can sign them, there are players as valuable as Jrue that fit on the timeline Hawks are following, Jrue does not. If we end with Hayward you get same impact without giving anything.

Jrue is a fantastic player. Reason he was not winning with Davis was how the roster was built, rest of the team was absolutely crap specially on the wings.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

At least we are in the "talk" of possibly getting a very good NBA player instead of taking some team's bad contract so they could get a player like Jrue.

I believe that Tre is pushing getting vets because he is tired of losing.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

At least we are in the "talk" of possibly getting a very good NBA player instead of taking some team's bad contract so they could get a player like Jrue.

I believe that Tre is pushing getting vets because he is tired of losing.

Agreed . I think Traes happiness is a big reason why Schlenk has been forced to atleast make moves to get us into the playoffs with this young core. 

of course Ressler is tired of losing as well.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Wurider05 said:

How would you all feel if we brought in Westbrook? We could lead us like Jimmy Butler did with the Heat last season. 

I would feel sick to my stomach.  I genuinely love Russ and his game, all his flaws included, but thats the worst value contract in the league imo

• Like 3

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Even if Russell Westbrook leaves, he was told Harden is Houston and he's going no where. This is looking bleak to me for Houston. Only time will reveal.

Rumors all over the place saying Russ to the Knicks is that what your hearing also??

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Even if Russell Westbrook leaves, he was told Harden is Houston and he's going no where. This is looking bleak to me for Houston. Only time will reveal.

Haha, Rockets lose capela to make room for Westbrook then he asks out.  Laugh.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
45 minutes ago, Wurider05 said:

How would you all feel if we brought in Westbrook? We could lead us like Jimmy Butler did with the Heat last season. 

2020-21 $41,358,814
2021-22 $44,211,146
2022-23 $47,063,478

That is more than 1/3 of your entire Capspace!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1