Ask Supes

NBASupes

I found this article where they Interviewed Golden State's GM Boby Myers.  The article stated that as of Wednesday they were still working on their draft Board.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/trade-interest-warriors-no-2-nba-draft-pick-fluctuating-bob-myers-says

3 hours ago, bleachkit said:

I reject the narrative that this draft class is hot garbage. It's just that the stars in the class (Melo, Ant, Wiseman) are flawed. But there are some really nice solid high floor guys.

You don't tank to end up with the choice between a bunch of high floor guys, which is why this draft is indeed garbage.

Folks have said all along there are several good roleplyers to be had but, as I said, that's not what the lottery is for.  Those guys don't shift the fortunes of your franchise.

• Like 1

hace 1 hora, kg01 dijo:

You don't tank to end up with the choice between a bunch of high floor guys, which is why this draft is indeed garbage.

Folks have said all along there are several good roleplyers to be had but, as I said, that's not what the lottery is for.  Those guys don't shift the fortunes of your franchise.

Getting a solid good starter is what you could expect at 6th pick. The players we have available there are in line with these expectations. Bad year to be on the top 3 where you are expected to get a star.

• Like 1

Life is like a roll of toilet tissue.  The nearer the end, the faster it rolls off!

Slowly, oh so slowly, this off season has rolled.  Quiet suddenly, or so it seems, the end approaches.  Soon the NBA teams will be allowed to sign players to new contracts or change current ones.  The draft is fast approaching.  Free agency is almost here.  Trades, already a hot topic, is almost here.

Hawks have players that will not return.  Extra, G League players on 2 way contracts.  

Hawks have real needs.  Hawks have $$$ room.  Hawks have a lot of rumors because of this.

Hurry up and wait.  Things are moving so fast.  Yet, they can't move.  Not yet.  But, get ready.  The end / beginning of everything is staring us in the face.  The explosion is not yet.  However, the fuse has been lit and is burning closer and closer.

Get er done Hawks !!

😜

• Like 4

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Do not believe anything analysts are saying about Atlanta right now. The players, coaches, agents are well aware of what we're building. They know we now have Capella, Dedmon. They know JC was out a significant portion of last year and it busted our season. The entire league is intrigued by Cam as our eventual 3rd/4th option. A lineup of Trae, Westbrook, Cam, Collins and Capella would be impossible to guard nightly. You would have 2 free throw machines on the floor at all times. Yes Westbrook and many players around the league see Atlanta as up and coming the next 2 years.

You are going to hear a ton of noise about vets wanting to play with Trae. Trae means aging vets do not have to work as hard to keep their stats high or their salary value for that matter.

I think it's more so that we got a ton of capspace and when players are negotiating or even trying to gain the interest of other teams... calling out a team that can make a deal happen tends to get the fire rolling.   That's what I see in Westbrook.  I hope he ends up in NYC.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Do not believe anything analysts are saying about Atlanta right now. The players, coaches, agents are well aware of what we're building. They know we now have Capella, Dedmon. They know JC was out a significant portion of last year and it busted our season. The entire league is intrigued by Cam as our eventual 3rd/4th option. A lineup of Trae, Westbrook, Cam, Collins and Capella would be impossible to guard nightly. You would have 2 free throw machines on the floor at all times. Yes Westbrook and many players around the league see Atlanta as up and coming the next 2 years.

You are going to hear a ton of noise about vets wanting to play with Trae. Trae means aging vets do not have to work as hard to keep their stats high or their salary value for that matter.

The facts are, Atlanta has a lot of people with various options about what we should do which has been the case every year. 

Remember when Givony swore we wanted JJJ and Chris Krishner thought Culver was a lock when my guy said, if he was still on the board, Atlanta would have picked P.J. Washington at #10 if Reddish was gone.

Right now, people don't really know know till the day of the draft because that's when the offers get legit and the negotiations get serious. Anything you are hearing right now is your typical fluff. Things get overstated as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Blunt91 said:

I found this article where they Interviewed Golden State's GM Boby Myers.  The article stated that as of Wednesday they were still working on their draft Board.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/trade-interest-warriors-no-2-nba-draft-pick-fluctuating-bob-myers-says

This is the biggest fact in the last two pages. These teams aren't sure who they are going to pick and like he says, a team could have a completely different value of the pick than what they feel it is.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, thecampster said:

This is something that I know most of us all believe as Hawks fans. It's nice to see there's some substance to it.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, thecampster said:

I feel like they lineup doesn't have much spacing at all.  There's not enough room in the paint for collins, westbrook, capella.  I feel like if you swap out westbrook with a good 3P shooting guard and it's better.  Not to mention the bench rotation is dog scraps with that much salary in the starting rotation... I really hope we don't end up with Westbrook.  It would kill our flexibility and we'd be one injury from ruining the entire rebuild, not to mention the fact he's aging and his entire game revolves around being the most athletic guy on the court.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Thats what I'm asking.  Do you think that he will still sign here?

If he opts out, it's very likely he will but that's why I said, those CBA negotiations was critical. The escrow is now 10%. I actually think that benefits Atlanta more than hurts them.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Thanks 1

What's crazy is Houston would like to do the Westbrook-LAC deal. They feel like it would make them a better team after the fact. I think it would too. Lou Will, Pat Bev, Zubac, and Kabengele is a no brainer for Houston. On top of that, the Horford/Thybulle deal is in still works. I don't like it for LAC. I can say that much. The vibe my guy is getting, LAC FO doesn't like it as much either. 

• Thanks 1

Almost forgot but he mentioned Houston has interest in Griffin/Kennard from DET for Gordon/Tucker deal as well. Not that DET has interest, just that HOU is also looking into that possible deal. HOU is looking everywhere, that's facts. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Almost forgot but he mentioned Houston has interest in Griffin/Kennard from DET for Gordon/Tucker deal as well. Not that DET has interest, just that HOU is also looking into that possible deal. HOU is looking everywhere, that's facts. 

Any chance Houston wants to move Covington?