Ask Supes

NBASupes

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@NBASupes

Kirschner confirmed we have moved on from Jrue but can be a 3rd ream in facilitating a trade.

1. Are we in this one for Hayward? #6 pick excluded.

2. Would this prohibit the other Mega deal with Hawks/Indy/3rd team?

I am still thinking the Celtics are dreaming to trade up into the lottery this year.  Everyone can see they don't want to keep those picks and when you look at that board it really drops off right at #14 for me.  #26 and #30?  That isn't much ammunition.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@NBASupes

Kirschner confirmed we have moved on from Jrue but can be a 3rd ream in facilitating a trade.

1. Are we in this one for Hayward? #6 pick excluded.

2. Would this prohibit the other Mega deal with Hawks/Indy/3rd team?

This is ideally what Boston wants, to trade Hayward and to get a key player for him with other assets being attached. This is why his agent has been so aggressive but if Atlanta and him can't come to a deal, this is ultimately going to be what happens. He knows this which is why he was looking go possibly get out. 

It will be interesting to say the least. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, AHF said:

I am still thinking the Celtics are dreaming to trade up into the lottery this year.  Everyone can see they don't want to keep those picks and when you look at that board it really drops off right at #14 for me.  #26 and #30?  That isn't much ammunition.

What is anyone going to do with three rookies? Unless you're starting a rebuild, that's going to hard.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

If we can't get a sensible deal I hope we stay at #6 and just take someone that fits best with our team. There's absolutely no need to go out and basically give away a pick because we already have other good young players.

Yep, and we should have all the leverage right now because we would be perfectly O.K. not making major moves.  Adding Collins for a full season and Capela to the roster should get us to the playoffs alone, especially if the young guys continue to get better.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

No, we traded the Prince pick for Capela. Or maybe you're right. I cant remember.

I think we got 2 1sts for Prince somehow. Traded one for Hunter. The other for Capela..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

_MXBMjLv?format=jpg&name=900x900

Reports are his shot is looking nice in workouts. Yea baby!!

Thibs is gonna give up the farm for him if his shot is looking better. lol

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, warcore said:

We got two picks for Prince due to the flexible position TS put us in. One was used to move up for Hunter and the other was used to obtain Capela. 

Oh how easily people forget the good that Travis does.

We got a one pick for Prince (which we used to trade up for Hunter) and 1 pick for taking Crabbe's contract which we traded for Capela.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Yep, and we should have all the leverage right now because we would be perfectly O.K. not making major moves.  Adding Collins for a full season and Capela to the roster should get us to the playoffs alone, especially if the young guys continue to get better.

Aah!  Don't forget.  When we added Capela and didn't get to see him play as a Hawk, about that same time we added Skal Labissiere.  We haven't watched him either.  He cost us nothing.  We paid the balance of his annual salary but his former team gave us the $$$ money to do so.  

With the addition of Skal, Clint and our soon to be made draft pick, Hawks are already much better.  I have been a big fan of Skal ever since we got him.  He's a real steal, I believe.

Everyone knows I want Tyrese Haliburton from this year's draft.  A perfect fit.

:hi:

• Like 2

Out of all that  we’ve heard the best two in my opinion are ....

- the 3 team trade involving Hawks, Clippers, Minnesota...that would result in the hawks trading #6 and huerter to Minny for PG13 + filler

-the trade with the Warriors to send #6 and huerter to the Warriors for number #2 and pick up Hayward in free agency

both of those are good moves in my book. On the PG13 one I believe he would opt in. The Warriors/Hayward news however is the absolute best one! I haven’t heard any other news real or fake better than that one.

Edited by JTB

• Moderators
2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

_MXBMjLv?format=jpg&name=900x900

Reports are his shot is looking nice in workouts. Yea baby!!

I'm just going to be skeptical on him.  Would need to see fundamental changes to form before I had any confidence from watching him shoot in an empty gym.  I've seen Shaq hitting jumpers in an empty gym.