• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

2 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Supes:  Last I heard, the Hawks were working on a new contract for Skal.  Any news \ update?

We read all sorts of rumors that the Hawks are all set to trade.  But, no mention of Skal.  He's our secret weapon that is all but forgotten by the average NBA fan.  

Skal and Bruno and Dewayne and Clint and John.  Consider these big men.  Now, at the beginning of last season, after the first three games, one of these big men was available. Collins suspended.   Bruno a rookie.  Hurting!  Ugh!  

:smug:

From what I have, nothing has changed. They are still working on a deal for Skal

4 minutes ago, deester11 said:

So, I just saw another scenario where the Hawks trade with the Celtics.  We somehow get Gordon Hayward, but we'll give up #6, Cam, Huerter or Hunter.  I say H3ll to the nah!  Wouldn't we think Cam is a non-starter?

Y'all gotta stop posting rubbish from other sites. If it sounds too stupid to be true, it's not true. Right now, there are no legit trade talks going on between Atlanta and Boston.

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, deester11 said:

So, I just saw another scenario where the Hawks trade with the Celtics.  We somehow get Gordon Hayward, but we'll give up #6, Cam, Huerter or Hunter.  I say H3ll to the nah!  Wouldn't we think Cam is a non-starter?

Wishful thinking on their part.  Not even close to possible.

3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

this is just typical Boston bs.   I don't believe we are trading any of the young 5 guys.  only possibility is maybe Huerter but we'd see a serious player coming back. 

tenor.gif

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The guy I want is Buddy Hield.  He's starting his 4 year deal next season, but it's obvious that Luke Walton doesn't like the guy at all, especially his defense.  I would love to see a guy like that alongside an elite passer like Trae.  He was a former #6 pick that has been productive early on in his career.  He'll be a borderline All-Star at best, unless he plays on a playoff level team in which he's averaging high teens - low 20s ppg . . and shooting a good percentage from 3.

The rookie version of Hield, may be this guy, who will be taken somewhere near the end of the lottery.  He's my official sleeper of this draft.  He's also a guy that most of these teams wouldn't touch with a top 8 pick because he has ONE skill set ( although it's an elite one ), and his growth potential to be a star player is probably low.

What he probably won't be, is a bust.  He shoots the ball too well to not be a contributor from Day 1.

This dude, Hayes, and Deni are the reasons why I'm ok sitting at #6 or trading down.  I'm really digging Nesmith though...his shot looks CLEAN.

12 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

From what I have, nothing has changed. They are still working on a deal for Skal

Y'all gotta stop posting rubbish from other sites. If it sounds too stupid to be true, it's not true. Right now, there are no legit trade talks going on between Atlanta and Boston.

LMBO.  We know it's rubbish, but it's out there. I'm good with no trade scenarios. 

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It's great comedy.   Laughter is good for the soul!  This is worth it:

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

The original start date for Free Agency was looking like the 15th/16th.  Teams have deals in place but were set to go by this weekend. Free agency was pushed back to the 20th with the first day you can sign contracts being the 22nd. Technically any team other than the one a player is with can have no contact with that player until free agency begins.

I always had FAcy after the draft and the new league year starting.  The 15th/16th is the transaction window for players that are currently under contract  that can be traded under the old season.

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Why you aren't hearing anything from us....or alternatively "how the hell is supes so silent, that guy never shuts up".

LOL.  Way to bury the slam in serious post.

Unless Minny trades the pick i think they are crazy not to take Edwards.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

@NBASupes  @thecampster

With 5 days left, the latest buzz regarding #6, FAcy and Capspace:

1. Keep the #6 pick

2. Trade up using some combination of #6, Huerter and a future protected 2021 or 2022 1st.

3. Trade down to the Wizards for #9 and Troy Brown Jr

4. Trade down with Minny for #17 and Jarrett Culver

5. Part of a Mega deal involving Hawks/Pacers/3rd team (this doesn't involve any picks)

6. Sign Hayward in FAcy if he opts out

7. Be the 3rd team as a facilitator in a Jrue trade.

What did I miss?

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, kg01 said:

That's not "word on the street".  That's "what BOS needs to happen".

Naturally, that's what the eggsperts say we should do.  Ridiculous.

What a horrid deal that would be.

Came from Kevin O'Connor.   He said that we had "conversations". 

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Here's a question.

Is Culver better than any of the guys that we can draft?

He's pretty close to Okoro. As I mentioned in an earlier post, they're both hard workers on defense, play makers on offense, Culver is a better shooter, but neither can make a FT. For those that lean Okoro, from a value standpoint, #6 for Culver and #17 (that could be used on a number of players) is not that bad. 

FWIW I'd rather take Haliburton or Hayes than do that deal.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Ya'll just found out the two names in the Indy deal. I gave y'all Oladipo 

What does this even mean? Are my reading comprehension skills shot, or is Supes talking in Supenese?

@NBASupes are you saying that we (Squawk) just found out the two names in the Indy deal? Bc of so, I haven't. Myles Turner only other name I've seen mentioned, and not with a Dipo trade.

Or did you miss adding an "I" in there and meant, "Y'all, I just found out the two names..."

Are you talking about names coming to Atlanta or just names of players getting moved?

I'm so confused. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1