• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Edwards being an engaged defender is no sure thing. He's not very tall at 6'4", and will have guard guys 6'7" and 6'8". He is strong and supposedly has long arms for his height. But his defense at Georgia wasn't great. Assuming he will help our defense when he's never been asked to really do that at any level is a stretch. 

Its the devil you know vs the one you dont.

We already know Kev is a poor defender after 2 NBA seasons. He is taller than Edwards, comes from 2 seasons in a better college program. And by all accounts has a great work ethic, BBIQ, etc...

And yet he is a proven bad NBA defender.

It may be a stretch to think that Edwards who is longer, stronger, and more athletic than Huerter can become a good NBA defender. But its not as big a stretch to think that he will be much better than Heurter is today the moment he steps foot in the league.

And that was really my only point. Comparing apples to apples. Edwards unknown defensive upside vs Heurter's proven defensive liability.

Bleachkit, while I think you tried to shortchange Edwards height there, I will play ball with you.

Edwards is similar in build to a guy like Marcus Smart, who has no problem matching up 1-4 (But effectively 1-3).

Trae Young is taller than guys like Kyle Lowery and Kemba Walker. (With and without shoes) But those cats are stronger and look bigger as a result.

A 6-5 guy at 225 matches up physically with a 6-8 guy at 205/210

If you put "6-4" Edwards against 6-7 Heurter, Edwards would physically outmatch him.

I say all that to say, today, Edwards physical profile makes him a likelier candidate to develop defensively, sooner and with higher ceiling, than Kev.

6 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Bleachkit, while I think you tried to shortchange Edwards height there, I will play ball with you.

Edwards is similar in build to a guy like Marcus Smart, who has no problem matching up 1-4 (But effectively 1-3).

Trae Young is taller than guys like Kyle Lowery and Kemba Walker. (With and without shoes) But those cats are stronger and look bigger as a result.

A 6-5 guy at 225 matches up physically with a 6-8 guy at 205/210

If you put "6-4" Edwards against 6-7 Heurter, Edwards would physically outmatch him.

I say all that to say, today, Edwards physical profile makes him a likelier candidate to develop defensively, sooner and with higher ceiling, than Kev.

Trae was measured as 6'.05" at the time combine. Walker is 5'11.5". Lowry is 6'.0" So yes Trae has a slight edge in height but they have the girth. Edwards has great physicality, built like a linebacker. That will help him. But there are credible report that Edwards is actually only 6'3.5". Photographic evidence from the Klutch event seems to confirm that. He looks to be only about 2 inches taller than Trae and about 2 inches shorter than Dreymond Green, who is Steve Kerr says is 6'5".

Displaying ElnLvciXUAY_CbM.jpeg

It seems like there was a lot of scoop coming from nbasupes and thecampster, but there hasn’t been a peep for a while. Is that because things have come to a screeching halt as teams are waiting for the first domino to fall? Has everything that can be said already out there?

I appreciate the insiders filling us in!!

9 minutes ago, ryandauwalker said:

It seems like there was a lot of scoop coming from nbasupes and thecampster, but there hasn’t been a peep for a while. Is that because things have come to a screeching halt as teams are waiting for the first domino to fall? Has everything that can be said already out there?

I appreciate the insiders filling us in!!

Trades probably wont be consummated until draft day/night.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

The thing is we have Capela, who has some similarities to Wiseman. I just dont see the wisdom of a trade.

We gain instant big man depth with Capela / Wiseman / Bruno.

If Wiseman instantly proves to be more valuable than Capela, Capela then becomes an interesting trade piece that we can flip for an even better player at wing . . or for a high quality combo guard.

At any rate, if Wiseman is the best player on the board, you take him. regardless if you think you need him or not.

11 minutes ago, DrReality said:

Here’s a three team blockbuster 

hawks get Derozan and 11th pick this year

spurs get Wiggins and Reddish and second pick

Warriors get Aldridge and sixth pick this year.  
saw it on Spurs source.  Yay or nay?  

Reddish and 6 for Derozan and 11?

morgan freeman wtf GIF

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, NBASupes said:

The minute you saw Reddish, you knew this was 100% garbage. The Hawks aren't trading Hunter, Reddish, or Trae. Add Capela as well since they want to see him with Trae. 

What about a trade for Derozan in general not including any of our young core or perhaps the weakest link of our young core ? 

if no answer I will just accept that as Derozan is a legitimate target . 

12 minutes ago, DrReality said:

You're kidding right? Trading an ascending Reddish for a washed up Derozen? Hell no.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, DrReality said:

I wouldn't give you Reddish by himself for Derozan and 11.   Much less adding the 6th pick as well to the deal we get absolutely fleeced in this deal.   I might do 6 for Derozan and 11 but thats about it and im still probably going to take Jrue Holiday for 6 instead if it's gotta be a rental player.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Threezus said:

I wouldn't give you Reddish by himself for Derozan and 11.   Much less adding the 6th pick as well to the deal we get absolutely fleeced in this deal.   I might do 6 for Derozan and 11 but thats about it and im still probably going to take Jrue Holiday for 6 instead if it's gotta be a rental player.

Of the 30+ year old vet rentals, only Hayward and Jrue appeal to me. Derozen cant shoot threes at all, he doesn't even take them.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, DrReality said:

I wouldn't trade Cam for any player mentioned in this. Hell no.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1