• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

1 hour ago, capstone21 said:

So TJ McConnell is the backup pg ... he is just meh ... I was hoping for a defender ... he can come and not mistakes while Trae is getting a rest ... however if trae got hurt he isn’t a guy I would turn the team over to.

so who is the big name coming to us ... and what is going out besides Dedman 

The Crying Jordan meme makes it onto Jeopardy!, sadly, isn't going anywhere  | This is the Loop | Golf Digest

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I want Holliday.  He is the best of everyone ive heatd mentioned.  6-4 can play defense.  He is the one player that would take us up another notch.  Perfect to play with Trae.  The rest ive heard is meh.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, marco102 said:

NO!  NIX!  BAH!

GSW just want us to give them Huerter to swap draft picks?  No way.  If Huerter was in this year's draft, he would be in the top tier of the draft.  

Almost every trade I see, give us Huerter and _______.  Apparently, he is just an add on to make the $$$ payroll come out right.  Well, I see him as a lot more than that as a Hawk.

I know.  I'm a homer.  But, I like our players.  And, remember.  He's the only red head we have!  I have three sons.  Two are red heads.

:wub:

• Like 4

Just now, BangHolman said:

The difference between Edwards and X at #6 isn't worth Huerter for me. If we're trading up, I'd rather take Wiseman.

I'd just as soon stay at 6 and take a high floor guy like Hali, Hayes or Okungwu. To me Wiseman is the safest pick in the draft. He'll average 17 and 9 from day one. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
46 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Do you like the trade? I'm not an Edwards guy personally.

"Also, the Warriors are getting more than just a great sharpshooter. They are swapping picks with the Hawks who are at number six in  the draft order. Gaining a great young player, while only moving back four spots in the draft, would be a steal."

Yeah, and it would be the hawks getting stole from lol...  the more I think about this draft class, the more I feel like we should just hold on to our pick.  Heurter is also going to be a great rotation player for us -- no reason to gamble him away and hope Edwards pans out to be a star.  I want Edwards to do well as a Georgia grad myself but I think he's really risky.  And if he does pan out, I think it's going to take a few years for him to really polish his game, become more efficient, and not rely on being the most athletic guy on the court.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

The only way I am ok with this deal is if Gordon Hayward is a Hawk in Free Agency. Other than that, I struggle with giving up Huerter like that. 

Yeah, good point, if we get enough talent that the 2/3 spots are full of solid rotation players, I can see the trade making more sense.  I wouldn't hate it if we got Hayward as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

Yeah, good point, if we get enough talent that the 2/3 spots are full of solid rotation players, I can see the trade making more sense.  I wouldn't hate it if we got Hayward as well.

I'm pretty sure Supes has said that we won't do *this* deal without Hayward. Otherwise it makes no sense for our "win-now" mindset.

• Like 1

IF we made the trade, I can live with it.

We dont have to do it. But Im fine either way.

The one knock I have isnt the price (Huerter) its the skillset.

We wanted more shooting this offseason and I think swapping Edwards for Huerter takes us further away from that.

Other than that, I like the idea of bigger, ball handling type guard, that can create his own offense and potentially matchup physically on defense next to Trae.

Edwards doesnt have to start from day one, he could come off the bench as a gunner. 

When we get down to the nuts and bolts of why we struggled as a team last year there are 2 main areas that cant be denied.

1. Defense

2. Offense fell off a cliff without Trae

I think when it comes to just these 2 areas alone, Edwards will be a bigger help than Huerter in addressing them. Short term AND long term.

We can add some vet shooters a lot cheaper than guys who can get buckets in waves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

IF we made the trade, I can live with it.

We dont have to do it. But Im fine either way.

The one knock I have isnt the price (Huerter) its the skillset.

We wanted more shooting this offseason and I think swapping Edwards for Huerter takes us further away from that.

Other than that, I like the idea of bigger, ball handling type guard, that can create his own offense and potentially matchup physically on defense next to Trae.

Edwards doesnt have to start from day one, he could come off the bench as a gunner. 

When we get down to the nuts and bolts of why we struggled as a team last year there are 2 main areas that cant be denied.

1. Defense

2. Offense fell off a cliff without Trae

I think when it comes to just these 2 areas alone, Edwards will be a bigger help than Huerter in addressing them. Short term AND long term.

We can add some vet shooters a lot cheaper than guys who can get buckets in waves.

Edwards being an engaged defender is no sure thing. He's not very tall at 6'4", and will have guard guys 6'7" and 6'8". He is strong and supposedly has long arms for his height. But his defense at Georgia wasn't great. Assuming he will help our defense when he's never been asked to really do that at any level is a stretch. 

Edited by bleachkit
  • Like 1

hace 3 horas, bleachkit dijo:

I'd just as soon stay at 6 and take a high floor guy like Hali, Hayes or Okungwu. To me Wiseman is the safest pick in the draft. He'll average 17 and 9 from day one. 

I agree, best player in the draft is Wiseman in my opinion, a freak of nature, a double-double machine, the true superstar in this class. I am ok giving Huerter for him,  all-in bet. I don't see enough on Edwards to do it.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

I agree, best player in the draft is Wiseman in my opinion, a freak of nature, a double-double machine, the true superstar in this class. I am ok giving Huerter for him,  all-in bet. I don't see enough on Edwards to do it.

The thing is we have Capela, who has some similarities to Wiseman. I just dont see the wisdom of a trade.

3 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Do you like the trade? I'm not an Edwards guy personally.

I'm probably way higher on Edwards than you. HOWEVER, I'd rather sign Gordon, stay at six and keep Kevin. 

I wouldn't be upset if the trade went down though.

I posted the link just to show what supes reported a week ago is now being leaked by other media sources.