• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

• Premium Member
On 11/7/2020 at 7:56 PM, NBASupes said:

6.      ATL (WAS) – Okongwu – Troy Brown Jr., #9, #37 for 6

Chris Kirchner talking about the above trade idea with the Wiz:

The draft

Trade: No. 6 to Washington for No. 9, Troy Brown Jr. With the ninth pick, draft Auburn’s Isaac Okoro. With the 50th pick, draft DePaul’s Paul Reed as a priority two-way option.      

Washington could use a center, so in this scenario, the Wizards would trade up to ensure they could grab USC’s Onyeka Okongwu. The Hawks get a young player who averaged 15.3 points, 7.3 rebounds and 4.5 assists per game in the eight games the Wizards played in Orlando and showed he has the ability to have success as a primary option with Washington depleted. For the season, Brown had success in making spot-up jumpers, which was a weakness for the Hawks last season. He also is a quality defender, which the Hawks need. He also has secondary playmaking abilities, which, again, checks off another box for being a useful player for Atlanta. Getting Brown plus Okoro at No. 9 is better than any single option the Hawks could get at No. 6. Okoro gives them another high defensive upside wing with an ability to create and the potential for his shot coming around to becoming at least league average. Getting Reed at No. 50 would be a fantastic option that late in the draft. He has the potential to be a truly elite defensive player, and if he can shoot it better than 33 percent from 3-point range, he would have a chance to be a legitimate rotation player moving forward.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

He isn't going anywhere for that reason. That's why I called BS on the PG to the Hawks stuff.

Theyre trying to trade him for Westbrook supposedly..PG for Westbrook, Covington. and 2023 1st..lol

Edited by terrell

28 minutes ago, terrell said:

Kuz,Randle, Oubre, Anunoby, Levert, or Dinwiddie..lol

It's not Kuz or Anunoby cuz campster said we'd come out of the deal with 2 less rookie contracts, yet these are more rookie contracts. 

It's not Randle, Oubre, Levert or Dinwiddie cuz none of them are blockbuster. 

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, terrell said:

Theyre trying to trade him for Westbrook supposedly..PG for Westbrook, Covington. and 2023 1st..lol

Per Supes:  Both CP3 and Westbrook want to go to LAC.  Kawhi prefers to get CP3 over Westbrook,  Suns want CP3 but he prefers LAC, OKC prefers the Suns package to LAC's package.  Houston is in a tough spot.

Edit: LAC will have to send out additional salary.

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Per Supes:  Both CP3 and Westbrook want to go to LAC.  Kawhi prefers to get CP3 over Westbrook,  Suns want CP3 but he prefers LAC, OKC prefers the Suns package to LAC's package.  Houston is in a tough spot.

Edit: LAC will have to send out additional salary.

LV31GLQffUjrMDeulob83SNz5pijvTMp6ccw73Jl

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, kg01 said:

I see that.  I think it's a flawed rumor.  Surely we "had talks" but no one, other than the celts, can think that would be a good deal for us.

I really hope that we hung up the phone while Danny Ainge was mid sentence.   My thinking is that we are looking for Vet help.   To go whole hog on the draft (and a weak one) doesn't make sense. 

5 hours ago, Sothron said:

I'm still wondering why we don't have the names involved in this mega trade. I mean if it happens, great. If it doesn't happen that doesn't mean it wasn't being discussed. It just means the deal didn't happen. 

The Pacers have three players I'd like in a Hawks jersey. Sabonis, Brogdon and Warren. None of them are what I would call star players to call it a mega trade. I want no part of Oladipo.

Deniability. 

12 minutes ago, warcore said:

Anyone else really concerned that supes just said "y'all just got the other two players involved...." but the only player mentioned in the last several pages is Alonzo Trier??? I'm so confused. 

No not worried, I have faith in TS to make the right decision or at least a reasonable decision. Trade rumors that sound funny are probably false.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, warcore said:

Anyone else really concerned that supes just said "y'all just got the other two players involved...." but the only player mentioned in the last several pages is Alonzo Trier??? I'm so confused. 

And the dude that put Trier out there is the only one of us living in 2021.

Hmm, the way I worded that may make people suspicious this username is actually multiple people.   Nah, nobody's paying that much attention to us ... me. 🤓

11 hours ago, AHF said:

From 1988-2017*, here is how I break out the #6 overall picks:

All-NBA 2  6.7%

All-Star 5  16.7%

Plus Starter 3  10%

Starter / Plus 6th Man 6  20%

Rotation 6  20%

Bust 8  26.7%

That is actually a reasonably attractive profile for a team in our position.  Historically drafting at this spot there are almost equal odds of getting an All-Star+ to getting someone who can't contribute for years to a team's rotation.

For us, TS needs to see how he feels about the guys who will be available at 6 and if there is someone he is excited about.  The board in a particular highly outweighs the importance of the historical numbers.  For example, historical numbers do not appropriately convey the upside / risk of the #1 overall pick this year at all.  Whoever is picked there will be much more highly tilted to risk than upside compared to the historical norms.   Depending on TS's view, however, there may be a guy or two that could be available at 6 that he thinks compares favorably with historical outcomes at the #6 spot.

* I did not include the 2018 and 2019 drafts because that is too early in a player's career to draw a conclusion.  Probably too early to use 2016 and 2017 as well but I did.

Name those 6 rotation players please.

• Admin

So TJ McConnell is the backup pg ... he is just meh ... I was hoping for a defender ... he can come and not mistakes while Trae is getting a rest ... however if trae got hurt he isn’t a guy I would turn the team over to.

so who is the big name coming to us ... and what is going out besides Dedman