Ask Supes

NBASupes

2 hours ago, thecampster said:

Do not believe anything analysts are saying about Atlanta right now. The players, coaches, agents are well aware of what we're building. They know we now have Capella, Dedmon. They know JC was out a significant portion of last year and it busted our season. The entire league is intrigued by Cam as our eventual 3rd/4th option. A lineup of Trae, Westbrook, Cam, Collins and Capella would be impossible to guard nightly. You would have 2 free throw machines on the floor at all times. Yes Westbrook and many players around the league see Atlanta as up and coming the next 2 years.

You are going to hear a ton of noise about vets wanting to play with Trae. Trae means aging vets do not have to work as hard to keep their stats high or their salary value for that matter.

So you are saying that westbrick really is interested in coming here??? Possibly ??? 

if I read you wrong my bad but it sounds like you said no in the beginning then finished with a don’t get surprised that Westbrick wants to come here...did I get that wrong??? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JTB said:

So you are saying that westbrick really is interested in coming here??? Possibly ??? 

if I read you wrong my bad but it sounds like you said no in the beginning then finished with a don’t get surprised that Westbrick wants to come here...did I get that wrong??? 

NBA analysts are always downplaying the Hawks. I was saying don't believe them. Westbrook is not the only big name that would like to team up with Trae.

• Thanks 3

Just now, thecampster said:

NBA analysts are always downplaying the Hawks. I was saying don't believe them. Westbrook is not the only big name that would like to team up with Trae.

Interesting....can you fill us in with what you heard ?

If Westbrick is actually interested in coming here how does Trae and the front office feel about that fit??? That’s my biggest question. 

Because if we really wanted to make that trade it seems extremely easy to make happen if Schlenk and team thought it was a good move to do. I agree with you that westbrick would get us to the playoffs but at the same time I feel he’d slow the development down of hunter and reddish with his style of play. In my opinion he wouldn’t impact Trae as much as some would think. Trae is going to get his no matter what but the issue is Trae and Westbrick doesn’t know how to play off ball.

also no offense to Westbricks playmaking skills but it’s overrated to me. He know how to drive and kick or drive and dump off to the big but he does not know how to operate like pure playmaker like Trae does! Trae has cp3, nash, Stockton type of playmaking ability it’s very different.

westbrick would have to be a 2 here which is what he really is naturally to me but in a point guard body. I would be all for it if westbrick moved off ball or cut to goal correctly but he doesn’t do that.

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

Westbrook isn't coming here.   Cleveland or NY should be going after him though.   What do they have to lose.   Hell even Orlando.   

yeah no one has made that claim that he’s coming here but you just wonder what the mindset is of Schlenk and the rest of the front office when a star is willing to come here if that’s the case.

when your franchise is dont normally attract star players I wonder if the mindset changes from ownership on down when one is actually made available to them.

and this is exactly how Howard got here even though he wasn’t a real star when he came but just a big name .

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, JTB said:

Interesting....can you fill us in with what you heard ?

If Westbrick is actually interested in coming here how does Trae and the front office feel about that fit??? That’s my biggest question. 

Because if we really wanted to make that trade it seems extremely easy to make happen if Schlenk and team thought it was a good move to do. I agree with you that westbrick would get us to the playoffs but at the same time I feel he’d slow the development down of hunter and reddish with his style of play. In my opinion he wouldn’t impact Trae as much as some would think. Trae is going to get his no matter what but the issue is Trae and Westbrick doesn’t know how to play off ball.

also no offense to Westbricks playmaking skills but it’s overrated to me. He know how to drive and kick or drive and dump off to the big but he does not know how to operate like pure playmaker like Trae does! Trae has cp3, nash, Stockton type of playmaking ability it’s very different.

westbrick would have to be a 2 here which is what he really is naturally to me but in a point guard body. I would be all for it if westbrick moved off ball or cut to goal correctly but he doesn’t do that.

100% agree with this.  I feel like Westbrook would really hurt a lot of our guys development, and I think he's a negative value player when you consider the contract he is on (worst one in the league barring injured players).  We have to pay John next year and then Trae in 2022 -- with Westbrooks contract, we would have zero flexibility right when this team should be hitting it's stride to make a deep playoff run.  $44M is nuts for a guy who will likely decline quickly and severely.  He'll be 34 and there's no plan B for a guy that can't shoot and his entire game centers on being quick and explosive.

I hate the idea of him coming to Atlanta and I really hope this is just fluff.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Common Sense Test - Russell Westbrook to the Hawks Edition

Russ is the 3rd highest paid player in the league and limits our cap flexibility moving forward. He's a ball dominant PG who shot sub 30% from 3 each of the past 3 years. Per CBS sports:

"So unafraid of off-ball Westbrook were opponents that they started using his man to double Harden any time he stepped beyond halfcourt in November and December. Sidekicks are supposed to be low maintenance. Houston had to abandon the entire center position for Westbrook's sake."

He also does not fit the Atlanta Hawks timeline. 

Conclusion - FALSE

No one is  saying he’s coming here. That report said he he was interested in the hawks not the other way around.

We are only talking hypothetically if Schlenk and front office was actually interested in him and how it would affect and impact the team.

but again no reports are stating we are after Westbrick. It’s just surprising to me he has interest here.

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Westbrook isn't coming here. It's a terrible fit, terrible contract. This obsession among some with getting a "star", with no regard to age, salary, team fit, team chemistry, efficiency, etc. just boggles the mind. 

Again no one ever said he was coming here lol

• Like 2

“And Travis is doing a great job in Atlanta and is very, very helpful. But that's the reason why it's hard to keep a group together. They get other opportunities. They move on.

“Maybe I'll call (Schlenk) before the draft. Travis doesn't care what we do. I'll ask him what he would do.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

“And Travis is doing a great job in Atlanta and is very, very helpful. But that's the reason why it's hard to keep a group together. They get other opportunities. They move on.

“Maybe I'll call (Schlenk) before the draft. Travis doesn't care what we do. I'll ask him what he would do.

who dis?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BangHolman said:

Is there anyone here that wants Westbrook? I don't particularly like his fit, and I hate his contract. What I like is that a perceived NBA star would consider Atlanta with Supes and Campster saying he's just one of many. Big name players are seeing the culture shift and the promising future being built in Atlanta around Trae; that's what I care about. 

Eggsactly.

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, BangHolman said:

Is there anyone here that wants Westbrook? I don't particularly like his fit, and I hate his contract. What I like is that a perceived NBA star would consider Atlanta with Supes and Campster saying he's just one of many. Big name players are seeing the culture shift and the promising future being built in Atlanta around Trae; that's what I care about. 

That hasn't happened in......never. (Edited: well since Dikembe, thanks @AHF 😄..I'm pulling a Chad Ford)

Having Trae and NOT having an ownership group like the ASG does wonders to change perception alone.  Will it happen, still too soon to tell but it appears we are moving in the right direction.  Be a part of the conversation.

• Like 4

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That hasn't happened in......never. 

Having Trae and NOT having an ownership group like the ASG does wonders to change perception alone.  Will it happen, still too soon to tell but it appears we are moving in the right direction.  Be a part of the conversation.

Dikembe is the last one.  He was a DPOY and multiple All-Star who chose to come to Atlanta.

• Like 3