• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

• Premium Member

I wouldn't do the Culver deal; hoping it's just smoke for the Hawks. But playing Devil's advocate here..., is there that much difference between Culver and Okoro at 6? Culver is a better 3pt Shooter, both can't hit a FT, both long, hard workers on the defensive end and play makers (coming out of school) on offense. We'd be getting a guy with a season of experience and 17, that you could use on someone like Cole Anthony or Tyrell Terry.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

Jrue would have to agree to an extension for that to make sense. 

If they send us Jrue plus their '20 1st, that's an automatic 'yes' for me.  Extension or no.

Who am I kidding, I hate this draft so much, I might even do it for 6 alone.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I hope Schlenk isn't being pushed by ownership or Klutch to make win now moves. I'm all for adding quality vets, but not for #6. 

The Draft isn't all that strong, however you aren't getting enough value for the pick if you trade it for a rental.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Seems like he's getting traded. Whoever trades for him probably extends him, I think? IF Travis is convinced he's the guy, we probably have to trade for him to get him. IMO.

Hawks will have capspace next offseason. It makes more sense to wait until then and make an offer to him, than to trade an asset like the #6 pick, and potentially lose him a year later. 

Edited by ATLHawks3

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This reads a little confusing.  I think he means moving back and taking on salary of a useful player.

Moving back is less guaranteed salary from the pick. They could use 6 to trade out of Dedmon if a better option is there....say someone opting out who wants to sign a long term deal.

Just now, ATLHawks3 said:

Hawks will have capspace next offseason. It makes more sense to wait until then and make an offer to him, then to trade an asset like the #6 pick, and potentially lose him a year later. 

I get that. But I'm guessing our trade for him is contingent on him signing an extension. I'd assume this would be the case for other teams who trade for him as well. He might not be available next offseason.