• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Half the season behind us, what FA targets are you most hoping on Schlenk's radar?

sturt

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

I want a veteran at both back up PF and back up PG, as well as a veteran wing that can potentially limit time for a younger player there.  Stash the draft pick at College Park or overseas.  

Bertans? DJ Augustine? Jae Crowder?

Edited by terrell

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

The biggest issue we have is minutes. 

PG - Trae -33-35 MPG/ Backup PG(Teague or etc) 15-21 MPG/ 3rd PG (Goodwin) - 0-12 MPG = 48 MPG

SG - Kevin - 30 MPG/ CAM 15 MPG/ 3rd SG 3- 18 MPG = 48 MPG

SF - Hunter - 30 MPG/ CAM 15 MPG/3rd SF 3-18 MPG = 48 MPG

PF - Collins - 30 MPG/ Backup PF 15-21 MPG/ 3rd PF 0-15 = 48 MPG

C - Capela - 28 MPG/ Dedmon 20 MPG/ Bruno 0-15 MPG= 48 MPG

We only have:

15-21 Backup PG mins available.

3 MPG for both 3rd string SG/SF since Cam splits mins at both spots or they are interchangeable (CAM/KEV/DAH). 

15-21 MPG at backup PF

No mins available at center. 

For me, it's clear we need to target PG's in the draft. This draft is extremely strong top heavy wise for PG's. 

And sign a backup PF - The free agency market for 2020 is only strong for backup PFs. Weak just about everywhere else.

Hawks need to pull a Knicks and sign a vet PF to a large one year contract so we would have a max slot for 2021.  

Part 2

Draft: 

1. A high end Point Guard

2. Anthony Edwards

3. Obi Toppin

Free Agency: 

1. A high end backup PF for one season.

2. A 4th wing who fits for a decent price. We can sign them to a multi-year deal. I would prefer if they could defend for the wing and the 4 for switches. I would move from Bembry who's currently in this role. Targets: Torrey Craig, Kenrich Williams, and Jae Crowder are the only three that standout. This is actually an important position especially in our switching scheme. 

3. A 5th wing who can PDS. Alec Burks, Langston Galloway, Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk, Avery Bradley, E'Twaun Moore, Austin Rivers, Pat Connaughton, and Furkan Korkmaz. This is a very important player considering injuries and what now. Most good to great teams have five good wings. We only have three talented wings, one is extremely talented, none are particular good at this time. 

Salaries:

Draft: I truly expect us to be anywhere from 1-10 in the draft- $8,567,800 - $3,728,100 for a rookie. 

1. For a big. I am expecting a 1 year - 15-20 million. I don't think a player like Davis Bertrans will be available since he wants to be back with WAS and they are willing to pay to keep him as a part of their core. I feel that guys like Gallo will choose a contender. I think guys that would like us is: 

Paul Millsap, Serge Ibaka, and Bobby Portis. For Montrezl Harrell, I can see us adding at least 3-4 seasons as well. 3/60 or 4/80 for Harrell. 

Of the 48 million available, we have 20 million. 

2.Targets: Torrey Craig, Kenrich Williams, and Jae Crowder - 3/4 years - 5 million per

3. Targets: Alec Burks, Langston Galloway, Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk, Avery Bradley, E'Twaun Moore, Austin Rivers, Pat Connaughton, and Furkan Korkmaz. 3/4 years - 2.5-5 million per

Ideal: 

Trae Young/(Cole A/L. Ball/Haliburton/Hayes/Jones/Mannion/etc)/Goodwin

Kevin or Cam/Kevin or Cam/One of the targets at #3

Hunter/Kevin or Cam/One of the targets at #2/Bruno

Collins/One of the targets at #1/Bruno

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Millsap, Crowder, and Van Vleet.

Van Vleet isn't really available but I agree with you on Millsap and Crowder. I think both of those would be good fits. Crowder is kinda like Hunter but with a lot more polish and a lot less natural talent.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, sturt said:

Don't forget that there's a Euro stash that might be ripe, and who conceivably has an NBA opt-out built into his current contract.

Marcus Eriksson.

Some of the footwork on his jumpshots reminded me of Dirk . He can shoot it from the parking lot too it looks like.

• Like 1

I was initially excited about the Teague signing but more and more I get the impression he won't be brought back. He's too hesitant. There have been so many times that he has the ball wide open behind the 3 pt line where he clearly just doesn't want to take the shot. He's got to be more aggressive; he's in a contract year and a trial with this team if he truly wants to resign here. History favors the bold, my friend. I don't know if he's playing with a nagging injury or still just trying to get used to everyone or what, but he has to make a better showing or he's going to get replaced by Goodwin and or one of these PGs in the draft. 

I keep thinking about that Erickson guy. Would love to see him at least come over in SL and see how he fares. His catch and release is so fast and so high, it could be a really dangerous weapon for us. Some of those catches are at head height and it never comes down. Very nice form. We need shooting off the bench.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
On 2/6/2020 at 4:56 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

So, with the trade deadline over, here's my list:

Bertans, a bench SG and SF.

PF - Davis Bertans

SG - Malik Beasley (was hoping we'd get him at the deadline)

SF - still searching.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I forgot, he just signed that 4 year deal with Alba Berlin with no out clause. No chance

Skal might be our guy provided he can stay healthy

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, turnermx said:

Skal might be our guy provided he can stay healthy

We need an impact player since we can afford one. 

1. Harrell- 3/60

2. Milsap - 1/20

3. Ibaka- 1/15

4. Portis - 1/15

The big fish are Harrell and Milsap. Marcus Morris to me is just LAC or NYK. I don't think the Hawks would be on his radar. Same for Fred Van Vleet who is looking to start as well. That's not happening here

• Like 4

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We need an impact player since we can afford one. 

1. Harrell- 3/60

2. Milsap - 1/20

3. Ibaka- 1/15

4. Portis - 1/15

The big fish are Harrell and Milsap. Marcus Morris to me is just LAC or NYK. I don't think the Hawks would be on his radar. Same for Fred Van Vleet who is looking to start as well. That's not happening here

A wing and a frontcourt player in FAcy. PG in draft is the direction we seem to agree with.  I agree about Harrell and Millsap. I am with @kg01 wanting no part of Morris twins. No thanks!

As for wings, I want a 3 and D / 2 way vet guy who can still play. 

PG in the draft I am stuck on Halliburton, would not be disappointed with other guys but if we want a guy to develop that can play with Trae allowing Trae to go off ball and be 2nd PG I think he is the best option (6'5, 7'0 wingspan)

• Like 3

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I forgot, he just signed that 4 year deal with Alba Berlin with no out clause. No chance

Reference? I thought I looked everywhere, but didn't find anything indicating either way.

44 minutes ago, sturt said:

Reference? I thought I looked everywhere, but didn't find anything indicating either way.

I remember when I asked one of the euro guys on Twitter, he said he had no out clause. He used his out clause with Gran Cariana

Us old guys use a common word, depends.

Depends on who, on our current roster, is gone at seasons end.  We had a lot begore the trade deadline but they seem to have left us with only one for sure, Vince Carter.  If Jeff doesn't take a huge payroll cut, I believe he's gone too.

But that's only two spots.  Who does the Hawks want gone?  Not us, the home office, the GM and the manager.  They must decide.

So, there is a lot riding on the players here after the all star break.  Convince the Hawks that you are worthy of staying or get ready to ship out, be traded or bought out, or retire.

Who will go?  Who will stay?  Only time will tell.

:hi:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I remember when I asked one of the euro guys on Twitter, he said he had no out clause. He used his out clause with Gran Cariana

So, that's fine, but that's hardly a convincing source, right? And I don't know what "he used his out clause with Gran Cariana" would have to do with his new contract with his new team... sounds like the Twitter source might be making some assumptions about how contracts work that isn't at all valid.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Us old guys use a common word, depends.

Depends on who, on our current roster, is gone at seasons end.  We had a lot begore the trade deadline but they seem to have left us with only one for sure, Vince Carter.  If Jeff doesn't take a huge payroll cut, I believe he's gone too.

But that's only two spots.  Who does the Hawks want gone?  Not us, the home office, the GM and the manager.  They must decide.

So, there is a lot riding on the players here after the all star break.  Convince the Hawks that you are worthy of staying or get ready to ship out, be traded or bought out, or retire.

Who will go?  Who will stay?  Only time will tell.

:hi:

Not just an "old guys" word, my friend.

But let's take inventory...

These players' contracts are done after this season:

- Teague

- Bembry

- Labissiere

- Jones

- Graham

- Carter

- Goodwin (2w)

- Brown (2w)

There's very little depends in that list, imo. The only two who stand a decent-to-good chance to be on this roster in October are Labissiere and Goodwin.

Teague and Bembry have an outside shot, but I doubt very many would bet on that happening.

So, Young, Huerter, Reddish, Hunter, Collins, Fernando, Dedmon and Capela are the only certainties. That leaves 7 slots open.

If you assume two of those go to Goodwin and Labissiere, that leaves 5.

If you assume one of those go to a 1st round pick, that leaves 4 slots.

So, at least 4, as many as 7 roster slots will be vacant.

• Thanks 1