• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

LP pulling no punches

HawkItus

While he's not lying, he's not exactly being honest. You replace bad switch defenders at the most critical position for switching with an elite one, it will be instant impact. Capela is not in the top 5 of the defensive RAPTOR for no reason. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, HawkItus said:
Lloyd Pierce on Capela not being a defensive savior: "I'll say it like I always do, Capela is not going to come in here and change our defense. Trae has to be better containing penetration. Cam has to be disciplined. De'Andre Hunter has to be disciplined. John has to be better."
11:27 PM · Feb 5, 2020·TweetDeck

I really do not care for a coach or player who constantly throws his players under the bus by name. Its one thing to say our team defense needs to improve; its another to call players out by name.

I am really starting to dislike LP. Anyone notice?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I really do not care for a coach or player who constantly throws his players under the bus by name. Its one thing to say our team defense needs to improve; its another to call players out by name.

I am really starting to dislike LP. Anyone notice?

He named multiple players though. He's trying to establish a culture, it's not easy.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Coaching individual players through the media is gutless. It should be done in practice and during games.

Ahh I see. Yeah, I'm not a big fan of him putting it out to the media but I don't think it's something to worry about.

10 minutes ago, AHawks89 said:

Ahh I see. Yeah, I'm not a big fan of him putting it out to the media but I don't think it's something to worry about.

He sounds like the male version of Rachel Nichols. Its not like the media has not said this 1000 times; so he is just a parrot repeating the obvious but its his players he is talking about by name.

I just don't care for it. We just had the best trade deadline I can remember in forever and this is what our coach gives us.

• Premium Member

From the article:

Head coach Lloyd Pierce was quick to say Capela, who likely won’t make his Hawks debut until after the All-Star break as he deals with a heel injury, is not going to be a defensive savior for this team. Trae Young has to be better containing penetration. John Collins and Huerter still need improvement. Cam Reddish and De’Andre Hunter need to be more disciplined. The thinking for the young core on defense shouldn’t be to leave it all up to Capela. Those players collectively have to contain penetration, make rotations and still apply pressure with the trust of knowing that if you do your job, there’s an additional layer of support in the paint.

Additional radio interview:

https://929thegame.radio.com/media/audio-channel/lloyd-pierce-with-john-and-hugh-4

More...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1