• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Wizards

lethalweapon3

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Maybe not by 15 or 20, but I think we do win.   The big thing is that Trae draws a ton of fouls.  Tonight, we only shot 9 FTs  . . . made 5 of them.

I can agree with you on this bro.

Just now, gHost83 said:

You do realize we are in the East right? Overtaking Orlando would have been done this year if Collins wasn't suspended. Orlando is ass.

Look.  I like John Collins, but he’s not a 10 win player.  Losing him isn’t the reason this team is not going to be a playoff team.  This team isn’t a playoff team because there is too much reliance upon youth and very little veteran production.  

Even if Trae makes a jump to being a 10 win player next year, that’s still just 3 more wins that what he is currently giving this team.  

You aren’t adding a couple of 2-3 win players and making this a playoff team.

Just now, bleachkit said:

Dallas is blowing out Memphis. What the hell?

Memphis wasn't good when we played them. We were just playing the worst game I've seen them play this year. Counted at least 4 airballed 3s and 5 missed layups in the first half. Was terrible.

• Like 3

Just now, KB21 said:

Look.  I like John Collins, but he’s not a 10 win player.  Losing him isn’t the reason this team is not going to be a playoff team.  This team isn’t a playoff team because there is too much reliance upon youth and very little veteran production.  

Even if Trae makes a jump to being a 10 win player next year, that’s still just 3 more wins that what he is currently giving this team.  

We've had negative win guys like Damien Jones, Evan Turner, and Allen Crabbe playing minutes for us. Players like Jabari and Len who did some good things and then canceled it out on the other end of the court. The inconsistency of our young players was an additional problem, but not the core one.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, gHost83 said:

You do realize we are in the East right? Overtaking Orlando would have been done this year if Collins wasn't suspended. Orlando is ass.

No. We had defensive problems, shooting problems, rebounding problems, chemistry problems. We were a mess, still are in some ways. Even if he had not got suspended, we just flat out weren't playing well at all to start the year.

3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I'm going to have to disagree with you. As currently constructed, we make the playoffs over Orlando if healthy next year. Capela will make a big difference on the offensive boards and Skal is surprisingly efficient when given mins.

If Schlenk can add a combo guard (why I want Beasley), a high energy big with switching versatility and spacing (Toppin) and a decent wing, we will be in good shape.

3 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

We've had negative win guys like Damien Jones, Evan Turner, and Allen Crabbe playing minutes for us. Players like Jabari and Len who did some good things and then canceled it out on the other end of the court. The inconsistency of our young players was an additional problem, but not the core one.

The core of the problem is that they constructed the team to where they had to rely on the young players to play this many minutes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gHost83 said:

I'm going to have to disagree with you. As currently constructed, we make the playoffs over Orlando if healthy next year. Capela will make a big difference on the offensive boards and Skal is surprisingly efficient when given mins.

If Schlenk can add a combo guard (why I want Beasley), a high energy big with switching versatility and spacing (Toppin) and a ifdecent wing, we will be in good shape.

If we dont someone needs to be fired. Making the playoffs is not a high bar in the NBA. Half the league makes the playoffs.

• Like 3

Just now, bleachkit said:

If we dont someone needs to be fired. Making the playoffs is not a high bar in the NBA. Half the league makes the playoffs.

Totally agree. Making the playoffs isn't hard. Which is why I think we do. But only if we have some changes with our coaching approach. Terrible rotations, constantly switching, no boxing out, no actual plays being called... All of that needs to stop. 

Just now, NBASupes said:

Agruing with KB who lacks sense isn't going to get anyone, anywhere. KB is mad that we don't have Bud. His mindset is one track minded and it's usually terrible at best. Let him be. 

Lol. Everyone deserves some conversation right? We are all Hawks fans 😊

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

He’s just mad that this rebuild has gone exactly the way I told everyone it would three years ago.

Well we also can't live in the past. We had an aging team. We had to move on. We really made the mistake with Bud when we gave him GM power but I digress... We have some really talented young players and I'm excited about this teams future. 

11 minutes ago, KB21 said:

The core of the problem is that they constructed the team to where they had to rely on the young players to play this many minutes.

But the results aren't completely unexpected. We were trash without Collins and now we compete most nights and that's without Capela. With him healthy along with some good acquisitions, we should be a playoff team. We got the talent we wanted from the draft and we have a chance to add another piece. I know you will never believe in tanking, but I'm glad we went this route instead of pretending we'd ever win a championship with Millsap as our best player.

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Agruing with KB who lacks sense isn't going to get anyone, anywhere. KB is mad that we don't have Bud. His mindset is one track minded and it's usually terrible at best. Let him be. 

Just now, gHost83 said:

Well we also can't live in the past. We had an aging team. We had to move on. We really made the mistake with Bud when we gave him GM power but I digress... We have some really talented young players and I'm excited about this teams future. 

Bud was a shitty general manager. And he threw Danny Ferry under the bus, and he acted like a little bitch about his buyout from Schlenk. Great coach, but he's an asshole.

• Like 1

Just now, gHost83 said:

There are a lot of teams that were really excited about their young talent that are still drafting young talent in the lottery.