• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coronavirus!

JayBirdHawk

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

This is scary AF.

On the bright side tho .... Shon Gables hawt.

Too soon?

Not soon enough?

It's scary because we're nowhere near the peak of this yet.  The people in ICUs now, probably were infected 2 - 4 weeks ago.  The shut down orders for most areas that are concerned about this, only came within the last 3 - 5 days.  That means that someone that got infected last Thursday, may not even be showing symptoms yet.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Scattering, covering, smothering...

~lw3

....... ok I thought I was panicked before but .... now?

stpnc.gif

Waffle House does not close, people.  Frickin FEMA and them folks set their watches by WH.  There's a Waffle House disaster index, mayne!  This is a huge deal.  Bigly!

• Like 4

• Moderators

ATL Metro-area blow-by-blow (curfews, restrictions, orders and such at county and city levels), as of at least yesterday.

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/dekalb-county/city-brookhaven-orders-all-restaurants-bars-close-except-takeout-deliver/QIYG7FHBGNAVDA4CRTS2PV3CTY/

~lw3

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
Just now, Spud2nique said:

Our fav teacher 👩‍🏫 is Mrs. Bird 🦅!!!

-All the kids 🍎 

🙏🏿

Nah, my patience trying to teach this 'New Math' .....nope. Math was my favorite subject in school, so this new stuff and I just don't get along. That task falls to the hubby.

The rest of the stuff, I'm good with - Gramnar, Lit, Science, Projects, models, arts n crafts - I'm all in.

• Like 3

So I'm out in Paulding and we've only had a couple of cases out here. I've been working from home for 2 weeks now. Wife got the work from home order as of Friday the 20th. Adult son was laid off a few days before that. So its shelter in place whether we intend it to be or not.  Managed to buy get a used Kinect for the X-Box One and that really took the edge off. Able to move about in place and play a bit.

So you can still get out and about out here in Paulding and the Silver Comet and a very big public park are both within a mile or so of my house so I can get out and walk without incident fairly easily.  Rarely even pass anyone.  It hasn't been bad.

• Thanks 3

• Moderators

Fortunate enough to be able to work from home and still get paid, under contract, with decent wifi, I've found that there are no plaques forthcoming for *expeditious* completion of work tasks (probably didn't need a pandemic to figure that out). TL;DR, don't be in a stressful rush to get every last little thing done.

Without the usual distractions that come from direct co-worker interactions, it's tempting to put your head down and burrow through work, getting it all done well ahead of imposed deadlines, maybe working outside customary hours (do not recommend) since it's your own paid electricity, HVAC and wifi involved in the effort. But you also don't want to get stuck idling on the off-chance there's not much *new* work coming your way anytime soon.

Prioritize essential daily/weekly duties, yes, but also identify stuff whose completions can be kicked down the road for, say, a month or three, and spread ALL that work out, if at all possible. If something MUST be done by Friday, start on Monday, and split it up over several days. Otherwise, do just enough with the other stuff, incrementally, that you'll still have essential tasks on the docket if you need to be confidently busy in May and June.

~lw3

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Fortunate enough to be able to work from home and still get paid, under contract, with decent wifi, I've found that there are no plaques forthcoming for *expeditious* completion of work tasks (probably didn't need a pandemic to figure that out). TL;DR, don't be in a stressful rush to get every last little thing done.

Without the usual distractions that come from direct co-worker interactions, it's tempting to put your head down and burrow through work, getting it all done well ahead of imposed deadlines, maybe working outside customary hours (do not recommend) since it's your own paid electricity, HVAC and wifi involved in the effort. But you also don't want to get stuck idling on the off-chance there's not much *new* work coming your way anytime soon.

Prioritize essential daily/weekly duties, yes, but also identify stuff whose completions can be kicked down the road for, say, a month or three, and spread ALL that work out, if at all possible. If something MUST be done by Friday, start on Monday, and split it up over several days. Otherwise, do just enough with the other stuff, incrementally, that you'll still have essential tasks on the docket if you need to be confidently busy in May and June.

~lw3

That's a great idea to not rush to complete the work. I go thru my daily list and decide if to respond and complete tadk Immediately or tomorrow.

A few architecture projects have been put on hold for at least 30 days in our office as of yesterday, I have projects under construction so that will at least keep me busy. The younger interns will have the crunch for meaningful work but so far we have a plan to keep them 'busy'.

With the City of Atlanta closed, can't submit projects for permit, site inspections on pause as well, but the Contractors are forging ahead, for now.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
36 minutes ago, thecampster said:

So I'm out in Paulding and we've only had a couple of cases out here. I've been working from home for 2 weeks now. Wife got the work from home order as of Friday the 20th. Adult son was laid off a few days before that. So its shelter in place whether we intend it to be or not.  Managed to buy get a used Kinect for the X-Box One and that really took the edge off. Able to move about in place and play a bit.

So you can still get out and about out here in Paulding and the Silver Comet and a very big public park are both within a mile or so of my house so I can get out and walk without incident fairly easily.  Rarely even pass anyone.  It hasn't been bad.

I'm at the end of a Cul-de-sac so can get out with the family and bike ride etc.

• Haha 1