Coronavirus!

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

As I'm pulling out of my driveway, guess who I saw ...

MY NEIGHBOR!

She was up and walking around.

So despite the uncertainty that I may face today, I have a smile on my face because she's OK

This made me smile so hard. 😁

• Like 2

These numbers don't even seem possible. One incredibly sad day of confirmed cases in Louisiana....

The number of known coronavirus cases in Louisiana jumped to 2,305 on Thursday, an increase of 510 cases from Wednesday, and a total of 83 deaths, according to the Louisiana Department of Health. Nearly half of Louisiana's cases -- 997 -- came from New Orleans.  

• Sad 3

47 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Dr Fauci...

You know Stephanie hung out a little too long with 🧁 and became a egotistical lil bitch if I may say so myself.

Although I do agree with his little bitchass on this one, he’s just doing this because he hates Trump. It’s an anti Trump type campaign by one of the biggest little bitches squirming to get attention.

ps Sorry for the rant. Quarantine gets to a .

The U.S has blown everyone's trajectory predictions out of the water. The number of confirmed cases is mind boggling in such a short period of time. Louisiana is a big part of it at this very moment and am horrified for them. Desperately hoping we can get a grip on the supply chain for all medical needs. 

22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States[d] 98,080 1,513 2,453

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, Thomas said:

The U.S has blown everyone's trajectory predictions out of the water. The number of confirmed cases is mind boggling in such a short period of time. Louisiana is a big part of it at this very moment and am horrified for them. Desperately hoping we can get a grip on the supply chain for all medical needs. 

It is a combination of two factors:

• Spreading increases exponentially 
  • Testing was wholly inadequate and so as testing expands it captures not just "new" cases but also previously unconfirmed cases

The death count continuing to rise (200+ since the last update) is sad.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Thomas said:

So much WINNING..

3 hours ago, Thomas said:

These numbers don't even seem possible. One incredibly sad day of confirmed cases in Louisiana....

The number of known coronavirus cases in Louisiana jumped to 2,305 on Thursday, an increase of 510 cases from Wednesday, and a total of 83 deaths, according to the Louisiana Department of Health. Nearly half of Louisiana's cases -- 997 -- came from New Orleans.  

New Orleans is only 1/2 the population before Katrina hit.  But the people who did go back or stay, were the older, longtime residents.  The younger ones, or the ones with a little money, stayed in Houston or Atlanta ( mainly ).

They never fixed the healthcare system in that state, which was one of the worst in the nation even before Katrina.  Now as people are in desperate need, they're overwhelmed.

In Louisiana, the virus seems to be the hardest on people who are diabetic or have some kidney disease.

https://www.wwltv.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/diabetes-tops-underlying-conditions-related-to-louisiana-covid-19-deaths/289-96aa3b22-3800-4860-ac63-f52806c06c77

• Sad 2

37 minutes ago, AHF said:

It is a combination of two factors:

• Spreading increases exponentially 
  • Testing was wholly inadequate and so as testing expands it captures not just "new" cases but also previously unconfirmed cases

The death count continuing to rise (200+ since the last update) is sad.

And they're still not trying to capture all of the cases because they're making people jump through hoops just to get tested.   If they tested everyone, it would probably shock the entire system and drive the markets out of control, which is something the leader of the Free World doesn't want.

At this rate, we'll start to see 1,000 people a day dying from this in about 8 days.   Italy will break 1,000 deaths in a day probably tomorrow, while also going over the 10,000 mark in deaths.  If the virus doesn't slow down, the US will see those types of numbers by the end of April.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Steve Koonin shared on Dukes & Bell that his daughter-in-law tested COVID-19+ and is self-quarantining. No symptoms so far aside from the lack of taste and smell.

~lw3

If I lose the taste and aroma of Cabernet I just may be done for....

• Haha 4

Oh . . . and I'm non-essential.   They're calling it a 14 day layoff. 

Must call to get unemployment, and the company adds to the unemployment up to whatever I average in a 40 hour work week.  Unemployment normally takes 2 - 3 weeks to kick in, so I'll get paid next week . . but may not get anything the following week, depending on how quick the claim is processed.

Thank you Congress and POTUS, for the increase in Unemployment benefits, and the $1,200 bonus money.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

• Moderators
On 3/26/2020 at 4:19 PM, Thomas said:

From my neck of the woods down here in Southwest Georgia is this update by Phoebe System today. Am praying numbers stay similar at Sumter but am trying to be measured and realistic as well. Putney opened a shut down part of their system for patient space a couple of days ago. Worried for folks beyond my area as for example I saw the Louisiana news of very rapid increase of cases in the last 24 hours. In almost every case the comment is that because of more available testing now the numbers are shooting up faster because it was already here/there. Am truly becoming a hermit and hope everyone does indeed take care.

Albany, Ga. – As of noon Thursday, these were all Phoebe-related COVID-19 test results:

• Total Positive Results – 217
  • Total Positive Deaths – 16
  • Total Positive Patients in Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital – 31
  • Total Positive Patients in Phoebe Sumter Medical Center - 2
  • Total Positive Patients in Phoebe Worth Medical Center – 0
  • Total Positive External Patients – 168
  • Total Inpatients Awaiting Test Results at Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital – 95
  • Total Inpatients Awaiting Test Results at Phoebe Sumter Medical Center – 26
  • Total Inpatients Awaiting Test Results at Phoebe Worth Medical Center – 2
  • Total Other Patients Awaiting Test Results – 1,319
  • Total Negative Results - 255

An updated AJC article laid bare how pernicious the outbreak was here, yet how swift the calamity that has ensued.

https://www.ajc.com/news/state--regional/city-under-seige-coronavirus-exacts-heavy-toll-albany/xC9NO677gfDQSaGEQDXSAN/

The service was for 64-year-old Andrew J. Mitchell, an Albany native who worked in custodial services and who died from what his family believes was heart failure. Mitchell came from a large family, and on Feb. 28 as many as 100 people came by the funeral home for visitation.

The next day, seven of his siblings attended the funeral, along with dozens of his nieces, nephews, cousins and their own families. Some guests traveled in from as far away as Louisiana, Washington, D.C., and Hawaii. They greeted each other with tight handshakes, long embraces and kisses.

“The minister, he was shaking pretty much everybody’s hand, just giving the family comfort and condolences,” Mitchell’s niece Chiquita Coleman said. “The funeral home officiants, they were kind of doing the same thing. That’s kind of their job, to give comfort. So there was a lot of touching and hugging and hand-shaking.”

Afterward, chapel workers at the exit handed out memory cards. Later, there was a repast at Mitchell’s house and a gathering at the home of a sister.

In the days and weeks following, at least two dozen Mitchell family members fell sick with flu-like symptoms...

A 67-year-old man who traveled from the Atlanta area for the service later died at Wellstar Kennestone Hospital in Marietta. His death, on March 11, was Georgia’s first from coronavirus.

Izell Williams Jr., the pastor who delivered Mitchell’s eulogy, also fell ill. On March 22, Williams died from the coronavirus. He was 58.

One of Mitchell’s nieces is in critical condition at Piedmont Fayette Hospital, teetering on multiple organ failure. Two of his cousins are in intensive care at Phoebe Putney. Three of his sisters were hospitalized but have been discharged.

Mitchell’s younger brother, Horace, returned to Baton Rouge and came down with a low-grade fever, nausea, cough and a loss of appetite. He went to a drive-through testing center and several days later learned he had the coronavirus. After going five days without a fever, he returned to work as a neurosurgeon on Tuesday.

~lw3

• Sad 2

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Oh . . . and I'm non-essential.   They're calling it a 14 day layoff. 

Must call to get unemployment, and the company adds to the unemployment up to whatever I average in a 40 hour work week.  Unemployment normally takes 2 - 3 weeks to kick in, so I'll get paid next week . . but may not get anything the following week, depending on how quick the claim is processed.

Thank you Congress and POTUS, for the increase in Unemployment benefits, and the $1,200 bonus money.

My husband's company laid off some employees, he was not but he had to take a pay cut - small mercies.

• Sad 3