• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coronavirus!

JayBirdHawk

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Look if kg bird and you are all Brad at the end of the day then ... well then...I dunno 🤷‍♀️ I’ll be incredibly perplexed 😕 I guess.

You know you're lumped in there too, right?  We're all the same person.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• Moderators

Wouldn't be mad at all if they just set the name to Dominique Wilkins Station, instead of having to change the signs every time a sponsor changes.

https://www.ajc.com/news/local-govt--politics/marta-cuts-rail-bus-service-amid-coronavirus-outbreak/EMTHZ0S4qyM8ff7O8pJoPL/

MARTA will temporarily close the Mercedes-Benz/State Farm Arena/GWCC rail station because of “extremely low ridership,” the agency said. Trains will not stop at the station beginning Monday, though MARTA workers will perform “deep cleaning, repair work, painting and other small projects” at the station while it’s closed.

~lw3

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

53 minutes ago, AHF said:

I don't know.  This just rolls off the tongue for me:

KG:  "Hey Spud.  Meet you at 8 at the Mercedes-Benz/State Farm Arena/GWCC rail station!"

Spud:  "Glad you can reach Marta from the sac!  Mercedes-Benz/State Farm Arena/GWCC rail station it is."

I didn’t show up that day. I was hitting the links with Brad. You know, show him a thing or two, I’m not in love with his short game. 🏌️ Braaaaaaaaad 😃 

On 3/24/2020 at 10:40 PM, lethalweapon3 said:

Scattering, covering, smothering...

~lw3

Waffle House was pretty much all that was left open consistently down here. Pat's Place and The Mediterranean Cafe did set up a pick up drive by thing I have heard. Think fast food drive thrus will always operate within the the curfew limits of course. Since they are both excellent feed ons will probably try that route.

So I come home this evening and see my neighbor ( probably in her early-mid 60s ) and her grandson on her front porch.  I get out of my car, call her name, and say "hey" to her.  She normally screams my name back, because she's known me since I was a baby.

No response from her.

I kid you not . . . from about 40 yards away, all I could hear was her breathing extremely heavy.  She wasn't hyperventilating.  It was slow, constant heavy breathing.

Her grandson is on the phone talking to someone, because he had to have the phone on speaker.  I didn't know who he was talking to, but I had an idea.

I had to gather up my garbage to take it to the Waste Management Center right quick before it closes ( I ain't paying for a trash service when I can do it myself ), and as I was pulling out of my driveway, I said, I hope she's OK.

I dump the trash, and return home.  As I took that final turn coming back home, sure enough, I see the local EMT and the Ambulance right in front of the house.

No, she isn't the most healthy person in the world, but she was still active.  She threw a hellafied cookout this summer for some of her friends her age, with some of that old school 70s music, alcohol and all.  She's always been cool as hell.

I hope she's OK.

• Sad 9

Brees just committed five million dollars to Louisiana in a number of ways for dealing with the virus. He is a football foe for us for sure but what a classy person. A very good deed. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28957855/drew-brittany-brees-commit-5-million-help-louisiana

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Brees just committed five million dollars to Louisiana in a number of ways for dealing with the virus. He is a football foe for us but what a classy person. A very good deed. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28957855/drew-brittany-brees-commit-5-million-help-louisiana

That's great.  Nice to see someone step up.   It'd be nice if the real billionaires put up some serious dough.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1