Coronavirus!

JayBirdHawk

4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Nope. The virus 🦠 needs ya to continue to live. If we practice social distancing and keep our $hit clean 🧼 it’s going to die out, not completely but eventually until vaccine 💉 

herd immunity.  enough people get it, it stops spreading.  tough to get there, though, would cap hosp capacity.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Sadly, you won't have to wait 1 month, not even 1 week for the numbers to double....but just 3 days:

10,684 reported positive cases, 154 deaths😩

It was expected, more testing = more positive results

Just one hour later with these stats. As has been said it will get a lot worse before it gets better. Seriously, whatever you do, don't listen to Rush Limbaugh or anyone else like his sorry ass. Doctors and scientists only.

United States[g] 11,413 171 108

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Thomas said:

Just one hour later with these stats. As has been said it will get a lot worse before it gets better.

United States[g] 11,413 171 108

I think the stats are posted at 4PM daily (I think), so what I posted would be from yesterday at 4. I used the same site that Psssshr referenced in his original post for some consistency in the numbers.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think the stats are posted at 4PM daily (I think), so what I posted would be from yesterday at 4. I used the same site that Psssshr referenced in his original post for some consistency in the numbers.

Understand. Wiki numbers are grabbed from CDC and Johns Hopkins when I see a reference. Not sure it is the same source each day but for example of spread in "local news" down here, another person passed from the virus in Albany today. Thats three in just this local area alone. 

• Sad 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, kerrypack said:

herd immunity.  enough people get it, it stops spreading.  tough to get there, though, would cap hosp capacity.

They don't know yet if that is possible.  That was the UK's plan but they abandoned it when they realized how many would be hospitalized.  

But there's already cases of people getting it twice.  Tested positive, recovered, tested negative and then tested positive again later.   Now they don't know if maybe it was just a testing problem or they weren't really fully recovered but they also don't know if getting it gives you immunity.   

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

The 2 Lakers are clearly guys powerful enough to keep their names quiet.  Lebron n AD?

Who were the other 3 Nets players?

Charles Barkley said he took the test, haven't heard results either.

15 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Putting the entire Western world in prolonged quarantine, thus causing countless industries and small and medium sized businesses to go under leading to an economic collapse might end up causing more death and suffering than the virus itself.

No doubt that it possibly will.

This is why they were talking about going with the "herd immunity" concept in some of those European countries.  Just let everyone get it now, and then it will go away quicker.  Many more will die if you do that. 

But to your point, a lot will die if we try to hide from this for an extended period of time, just from everything else collapsing. 

I hate to say this, but by the time this is over, the idea of "small business" may not exist anymore.  What used to be "small businesses" may simply be individual franchises ran by people, but owned by a corporation.

Imagine Coca-Cola owning EVERY restaurant and service in Atlanta.

4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Sadly, you won't have to wait 1 month, not even 1 week for the numbers to double....but just 3 days:

10,684 reported positive cases, 154 deaths😩

It was expected, more testing = more positive results

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/03/16/816707182/map-tracking-the-spread-of-the-coronavirus-in-the-u-s

The numbers have gone up dramatically today.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

13,920 cases . . . 214 dead.

Cases will skyrocket as nationwide testing has begun. 

The dead will creep up toward 100 per day by the end of the week.

Once the death toll gets into the thousands, that's when people will start to pay attention to the social distancing concept.   

The "killer" for us though, is that neighborhood grocery stores are virtually gone, so everyone runs to Costco, Sams, Walmart, Kroger, etc to buy all of their food.  And that means you have to share the air with hundreds of folks, instead of about 20.

• Thanks 1