• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coronavirus!

JayBirdHawk

32 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

LOL . . I got you.

And I was one of the guys that said just last week that money could be the main transmitter of all of this in the United States.  If that's the case, it'll be the one way that a truly "cashless society" could be set up . . and people would be all for it, in order not to get sick.

Well considering the President is working on a plan to send everyone checks to stimulate the economy .... I mean, isn't that not the greatest idea right now?

Just now, macdaddy said:

ugh.  this is the crazy part.  you actually have symptoms and can't even get a test.  And there doesn't seem to be a comprehensive plan to provide testing.   It's not like we just heard of this virus last week.  

Considering we have pretty skrong evidence that you can have the full-blown virus without showing symptoms, this doesn't seem like a prudent course.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

4565 reported positive cases for COVID in the US.  Of that, only 87 deaths. That's 1.9% of positive cases. Compared to the entire US population, that's 0.0013% of people in the US have COVID.  My only point is the current mass hysteria is not warranted whether my previous comments are informed or not. This "outbreak" is not even comparable to the Spanish Flu of the early 1900's where over 500000 Americans died. I agree that we should not ignore it and our health professionals should be cautious and diligent in finding a treatment, but the hysteria and fear mongering f'ing annoys me.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/03/16/816707182/map-tracking-the-spread-of-the-coronavirus-in-the-u-s

I leave this thread alone for a month and we'll see where we're at then... I'll eat crow if the numbers double.

How many people have actually been tested? 

You are citing data from known dates in history regarding the Spanish flu vs citing numbers over less than one month of actual testing. Do you think the 'Outbreak' has reached it's peak?

• Like 1

Presidential news conference:

So I'm listening to the replay of this right now.  I'm about 20 minutes in. 

And one of the huge things they're talking about doing, is Andrew Yang's idea of giving $1,000 to people.  They made the comment that people making a million or more probably won't get this money, but they're seriously talking about this.   Supposedly the details are coming out later today.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

4565 reported positive cases for COVID in the US.  Of that, only 87 deaths. That's 1.9% of positive cases. Compared to the entire US population, that's 0.0013% of people in the US have COVID.  My only point is the current mass hysteria is not warranted whether my previous comments are informed or not. This "outbreak" is not even comparable to the Spanish Flu of the early 1900's where over 500000 Americans died. I agree that we should not ignore it and our health professionals should be cautious and diligent in finding a treatment, but the hysteria and fear mongering f'ing annoys me.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/03/16/816707182/map-tracking-the-spread-of-the-coronavirus-in-the-u-s

I leave this thread alone for a month and we'll see where we're at then... I'll eat crow if the numbers double.

By double are you talking about deaths and reported cases?  Those will more than double easily over time.

There is a reason that Trump went from "this is nothing - there will be zero cases soon" to "I'm declaring a national emergency, supporting new leave legislation, telling people not to meet in groups of >10, and talking about ~$1 trillion in stimulus money."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Not yet.  Hard to get appointments and they're discouraging people with only mild symptoms from going to the ER.  Hopefully someone can see my by Thursday or Friday.  Walk-in clinics aren't equipped to handle this yet.

Fingers crossed for you.  Hopefully normal flu or some other illness and quick, full recovery.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Thanks.  Under normal circumstances, I'm definitely at work today.  But in these times, I needed to play it safe.

Exhibit A for how this thing is spreading like wildfire. 

People, stay yo' sick arses at home. 😁

C'mon 'Cyde, laugh with me.  It's the best medicine.

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Testing in the coming weeks will tell alot:

As of Tuesday morning, 1,374 people in New York State had tested positive for the virus, up 45 percent from 950 the day before; 644 of the cases were in the city. 12 dead in the state.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• Moderators

r679647_1296x729_16-9.jpg&w=570&format=j

Covid-19 may have cost our old friend Ring-1. Hopefully, he'll get it anyway. (photo via Getty Images)

https://nbl.com.au/news/remaining-nbl-grand-final-series-games-cancelled

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2020/03/australias-nbl-cancels-remaining-championship-games.html

Australia’s National Basketball League has announced in a press release that it has decided to cancel the remaining games of the Grand Final series between the Sydney Kings and Perth Wildcats. The NBL’s Grand Final series is the league’s equivalent of the NBA Finals.

The Wildcats had a 2-1 edge in the best-of-five championship series, with Game 4 scheduled to take place on Friday at RAC Arena in Perth. The league had initially planned on playing games that were closed to the public. However, Kings management indicated on Tuesday that it wasn’t comfortable with continuing the series at all, given the worldwide coronavirus outbreak that has resulted in nearly every other major basketball league shutting down...

Although the NBL’s announcement stated that the series will be canceled, rather than postponed, the league has yet to say which team will be crowned the champion for the 2019/20 season. Kestelman suggested the NBL will weigh that decision over the next 48 hours.

“We acknowledge both teams for what has been a fantastic series and season,” he said. “Sydney was the only team to have gone through an entire NBL season on top of the ladder and Perth was leading the Grand Final series.”

Sydney’s roster features former No. 1 overall pick Andrew Bogut and Pelicans draft-and-stash prospect Didi Louzada, while former NBA big man Miles Plumlee plays for Perth. It’s possible that veterans like Bogut and Plumlee – and other NBL players – will be available to NBA teams if and when the 2019/20 season resumes, assuming they’re on expiring contracts in Australia.

~lw3

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

We played the Nets back on Feb. 28. Good news is we leave people socially distant on defense.

~lw3

Good thing Kyme don't associate with the scrub teammates anyways.  Surely he's in the clear.

Funny thing though, Durant was (finally) on the bench with his teammates when they played LAL just before the break.

He's probably thinking, "Gott d*mn it, I been away from you clowns all season then this!?"

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Good thing Kyme don't associate with the scrub teammates anyways.  Surely he's in the clear.

Funny thing though, Durant was (finally) on the bench with his teammates when they played LAL just before the break.

He's probably thinking, "Gott d*mn it, I been away from you clowns all season then this!?"

KD's making a thing of coming back after a long hiatus just in time for bad luck to strike.

~lw3

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

We played the Nets back on Feb. 28. Good news is we leave people socially distant on defense.

~lw3

Who has the corona draft pick now? The Rockets 🚀? I know it was dealt in the Capela trade.

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

giphy.gif

I’m gonna bust this is front of my gf next time it’s time to 🤭 

Her reaction: 😐 (most likely)

• Haha 3