• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coronavirus!

JayBirdHawk

56 minutes ago, pimp said:

Yeah, i’ll  at least have bragging rights that my team has the best regular season record 2 years in a row.  But, You don’t have to worry about my team in the playoffs now  😔

No Gobert , No Simmons , and Zach Lavine is out , but since i have a first round bye  , he could possibly be back , if the nba starts up again. 

It’s not over! Everyone keeps saying the season is over but I think we are back after 2 weeks or so.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

More important then that ... what about our fantasy seasons!!

😆 no kidding. No they gotta come back. I’m gonna predict a date.

April 1st- just kidding April fool’s! 😂 

April 6 everything resumes.. (don’t hold me to this it’s just a guess).

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

It’s not over! Everyone keeps saying the season is over but I think we are back after 2 weeks or so.

I don't see it. Players will be reluctant to get back on the floor with other players until they feel the virus is on the downswing, and I think owners as well will be reluctant for a variety of reasons.

• Sad 2

• Moderators
52 minutes ago, Sothron said:

First take just said Donovan Mitchell has it now too. Guess whose fantasy  team he's on? You  know it!

Eh.  I'm a 7 seed right now and am going to miss the playoffs so does it really matter?  

Waited to long to trade Kyrie Irving, I guess.  :oops:

• Haha 3

I hate the suddenly halted progress of Killa, Hunter, and Bruno.  I would say Goodwin but he’s been Mr. DNP lately for some strange reason.

If it does end today this season was dreadful even for a Hawks Lifer.  I count 1 high quality win versus a fully healthy Heat team; to the Hawks’ credit I thought that was impossible.  Catching Denver or Philly sleeping are quality wins for this team I guess.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Eh.  I'm a 7 seed right now and am going to miss the playoffs so does it really matter?  

Waited to long to trade Kyrie Irving, I guess.  :oops:

What about me? In ☝🏾 week it was open season for me against a mod in the squawk playoffs? I wouldn’t have scripted this any better for myself. 

You know I wanted that a$$! 😂 

It was like the inmates vs the guards.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

it’s not over , but the playoffs start next week and there aren’t any games next week...so how do we know who wins in the first round?

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m surprised you weren’t better. When I look at squads in our league, yours is in my top 3 fav rosters. 

Load management is a load of crap 💩. Ok fine it’s not but I’m old school I’m used to taping the $hit up and playing till  your limb 🦵 is falling off. 😏 

When I had only one or none missing games to go along with Kawhi's load management, I competed with anyone. But that probably only happened maybe 6 - 8 out of the like 19 weeks. Except for Leonard, my team was pretty young but they still missed a lot of games.

There is always next season!

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, pimp said:

it’s not over , but the playoffs start next week and there aren’t any games next week...so how do we know who wins in the first round?

Everything just gets put on freeze 🥶 (ice Trae style) then we resume.

21 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

When I had only one or none missing games to go along with Kawhi's load management, I competed with anyone. But that probably only happened maybe 6 - 8 out of the like 19 weeks. Except for Leonard, my team was pretty young but they still missed a lot of games.

There is always next season!

I like the way you draft. If you were some assistant GM on the rise in the NBA and Spud had a GM position offer, Buzz o might just fill that role! 😊 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Everything just gets put on freeze 🥶 (ice Trae style) then we resume.

I like the way you draft. If you were some assistant GM on the rise in the NBA and Spud had a GM position offer, Buzz o might just fill that role! 😊 

I was torn between Luka and Leonard, If I'd took Luka, I might be in the playoffs.

Side note: I think this was the last season a GM has a chance to get both Trae and Luka and I blew it!

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
14 hours ago, marco102 said:

This is a bit of propaganda.  Italy has one of the oldest populations in the world and its death rate is about 5%.  Most of that due to older people having compromised immune systems and the healthcare system being overwhelmed with people panicking. 

Wuhan reportedly had about 6% death rate at the wrost, but I'd take those numbers with a grain of salt just because China didn't let WHO in. 

Right now, the death rate for this disease is about 3%. It's more contagious than the flu.  

We all should take percautions, yes.  But let's not act like this thing is wiping out 50% of the population as we speak. 

Never said this is wiping out the population. But the death rate in Wuhan was for sure higher than reported, no doubt about it. A lot of people died in their homes and were gathered by police and sent straight to cremation without passing through a hospital. Also, it's important to keep in mind there are two knonw strains of the virus that are widely different in severity. It is almost a certainty Italy and Iran imported the most aggressive while Korea has the mild version  and they were able to control it fairly quickly , so hopefully the same thing happens in U.S. though my guess would be that the U.S. probably has BOTH strains circulating. It's entirely possible U.S. never experiences what went down in Wuhan and Italy but the only way to prevent it for sure is to take drastic measures which is what is going on atm. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Never said this is wiping out the population. But the death rate in Wuhan was for sure higher than reported, no doubt about it. A lot of people died in their homes and were gathered by police and sent straight to cremation without passing through a hospital. Also, it's important to keep in mind there are two knonw strains of the virus that are widely different in severity. It is almost a certainty Italy and Iran imported the most aggressive while Korea has the mild version  and they were able to control it fairly quickly , so hopefully the same thing happens in U.S. though my guess would be that the U.S. probably has BOTH strains circulating. It's entirely possible U.S. never experiences what went down in Wuhan and Italy but the only way to prevent it for sure is to take drastic measures which is what is going on atm. 

Again, even if BOTH strains are in the US, neither is very lethal to people who are in general good health.  My point being, people should not be rushing to hospitals taking away resources for people who really need them.  We do not need to panic and act like if you have it is a death sentence or anything. If you are a high risk individual and get the virus, those are the people that should be getting to hospitals and medical attention first.  Rudy Gobert should sit his healthy ass at home and heal up.  

That was my point, I guess?  Take proper precautions and act responsibly while thinking of the community as a whole. I don't like fear mongering or anything. Not saying that's what you were doing, but it should explain my response. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, sturt said:

Ummmmm.

I'm just hoping that's intended as a joke, as well as being one.

See the link. It's on the Georgia guidestones. Was intended for reference to the going conversation about it being purposefully released. Read the history/conspiracy of the guidelines for a reference.

• Moderators

First confirmed coronavirius death in Georgia.  67 year old male.

First coronavirus death in Georgia

He was described in a release as a 67-year-old man who had been hospitalized at WellStar Kennestone in Cobb County.

"Marty, the girls, and I are praying for the family and loved ones of this individual during this incredibly difficult time," said Governor Kemp

"I know the medical professionals on-site did everything that they could, and I greatly appreciate their efforts. As our state continues to address this pandemic, I urge Georgians to remain calm and support their neighbors and communities. We are in this fight together."

More information on the death, here: http://bit.ly/38OmnzQ

https://www.11alive.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/coronavirus-georgia-atlanta-live-updates/85-1f521b87-dcf4-4607-8a11-e2e14fb064ad

• Sad 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I don't know if 2 weeks but...

Board of Governors call this afternoon at 3:30PM.

• Like 2