• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coronavirus!

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't know if 2 weeks but...

Board of Governors call this afternoon at 3:30PM.

If it does go straight to playoffs, I really hope they do something for the lottery teams to get a few more games. Might be a good time to try out that regular season tournament on a smaller scale they have been talking about?

• Like 1

Good news.  I've only seen one patient where my index of suspicion is high enough to test for COVID19, and she called back and stated that she was the only person at the testing facility at that time.  So that's good news.  We aren't getting inundated yet with people who have symptoms.  

Personally, I am off till the 21st after today, so I'm hoping no one else comes in.  

• Thanks 2

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, cam1218 said:

If it does go straight to playoffs, I really hope they do something for the lottery teams to get a few more games. Might be a good time to try out that regular season tournament on a smaller scale they have been talking about?

We are 4th in the lottery right now so could be ok if we have no more games from that angle.  Might be better off with nothing but practices.  Our guys have plenty to work on.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, Dnice said:

So how would this effect Capela? More time to heal and get a feel with the teammates and shake the rust off if the regular season should resume later?

He was to be re-evaluated next Wednesday 03/18.

We would have had 12 games left in season.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, thecampster said:

See the link. It's on the Georgia guidestones. Was intended for reference to the going conversation about it being purposefully released. Read the history/conspiracy of the guidelines for a reference.

Yeah, I did read that out of curiosity.

...which is what prompted the reply, actually.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't know if 2 weeks but...

Board of Governors call this afternoon at 3:30PM.

Among sources that one can rely upon, Bleacher Report writers are the most questionable, from where I sit, because unlike Fansided or S/B Nation, a few of them actually appear to have some insider insight on occasion... but most do not.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, sturt said:

Among sources that one can rely upon, Bleacher Report writers are the most questionable, from where I sit, because unlike Fansided or S/B Nation, a few of them actually appear to have some insider insight on occasion... but most do not.

Re-evaluation in 30 days.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, AHF said:

We are 4th in the lottery right now so could be ok if we have no more games from that angle.  Might be better off with nothing but practices.  Our guys have plenty to work on.

Good point, I’d just like to see Vince have a proper send off, our team play knowing it is the last game and Capela on the court. We also saw how wild the lottery was last year too. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Dnice said:

So how would this effect Capela? More time to heal and get a feel with the teammates and shake the rust off if the regular season should resume later?

Probably won't affect him much,  I mean assume we were gonna shelve him for the rest of the year no matter what. Probably rehabbing the same way he would be if the season had not been suspended. 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Probably won't affect him much,  I mean assume we were gonna shelve him for the rest of the year no matter what. Probably rehabbing the same way he would be if the season had not been suspended. 

If the regular season resumes in a month from now and games are played, I would assume he should be ready to play the final 15 games. Teams are allowed to practice. I would assume he'd be rehabbing as well.

• Like 3

I was over on realgm.  I know, just should stay at my Squawk home.  

There's some useful information in their Coronavirus thread, but to see the level of fear mongering they are allowing is insane.  

They are comparing the US to Italy with no concept of healthcare system infrastructure, population density, population demographics.  I just can't man. Inform yourself before going on the internet and putting people in panic.

I also see these vidoes of people fighting over toilet tissue.  SMDH 'Merica do better.

• Like 1

• Moderators

President Trump plans to declare a national emergency Friday, as public life in America continues to grind to a halt. Concerns about the coronavirus pandemic rippled across the globe, as more events were canceled and more landmarks were shuttered; U.S. schools closed to millions of students; Louisiana delayed its presidential primary until summer; and the Group of Seven leaders planned a virtual crisis conference.

:americanflag: :americanflag: :americanflag:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2020/03/13/coronavirus-latest-news/

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I was over on realgm.  I know, just should stay at my Squawk home.  

There's some useful information in their Coronavirus thread, but to see the level of fear mongering they are allowing is insane.  

They are comparing the US to Italy with no concept of healthcare system infrastructure, population density, population demographics.  I just can't man. Inform yourself before going on the internet and putting people in panic.

I also see these vidoes of people fighting over toilet tissue.  SMDH 'Merica do better.

Yep, people are puppets and critical thinking is dead. It's easier to believe whatever the TV man says than it is to do research and educate yourself. All the media does these days is fear monger. I'm not putting my head in the sand over this issue and I've been using Lysol frequently at work, but I'm not storming the stores for supplies or doing anything outside of the ordinary. Americans tend to overreact and freak out over EVERYTHING these days. Hurricane approaching? OH DEAR GOD! Virus spreading? CALAMITY AND TURMOIL. Korea got nukes? WE'RE DOOMED FOR SURE! Tired of the chicken little's. I understand the immune deficient being concerned, but shutting down businesses is asinine. If you're sick, STAY HOME. If you're immune deficient, STAY HOME. The rest of you, go about your bidness.

2 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Yep, people are puppets and critical thinking is dead. It's easier to believe whatever the TV man says than it is to do research and educate yourself. All the media does these days is fear monger. I'm not putting my head in the sand over this issue and I've been using Lysol frequently at work, but I'm not storming the stores for supplies or doing anything outside of the ordinary. Americans tend to overreact and freak out over EVERYTHING these days. Hurricane approaching? OH DEAR GOD! Virus spreading? CALAMITY AND TURMOIL. Korea got nukes? WE'RE DOOMED FOR SURE! Tired of the chicken little's. I understand the immune deficient being concerned, but shutting down businesses is asinine. If you're sick, STAY HOME. If you're immune deficient, STAY HOME. The rest of you, go about your bidness.

I agree to this to an extent, but to stop the spread to the immune deficient, even the healthy people who can combat this should stay home.   The quarantine is warranted, but not the fighting over supplies. You can still go out and get stuff like normal.  I'm making my grocery delivery list like normal, just adding some additional Lysol wipes and extra food for the kids since they may be out of school.

• Like 4