• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coronavirus!

JayBirdHawk

16 minutes ago, Sothron said:

you know who has Rudy Gobert on his fantasy team? Yeah you know who. This season has out Sothron'd Sothron. I think I have a third of my original teams in my two leagues that I am in this year. Unreal.

I agree this season has been the season of craziness. I drafted Bagley who only played 12 games for me. I also drafted Brogdon and Fox who have missed major time. I drafted Clarke who was a nice sleeper and he is has not played in a few weeks now. I should have dropped Bagley after the 1st month but they kept saying he would be back. He came back for about two weeks and then out again.

I think I will be passing on Kawhi next draft also. His every other game off along with everyone else missing games did me no favors this season.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, Sothron said:

you know who has Rudy Gobert on his fantasy team? Yeah you know who. This season has out Sothron'd Sothron. I think I have a third of my original teams in my two leagues that I am in this year. Unreal.

I have him in ur league. Monsier Gobert! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I agree this season has been the season of craziness. I drafted Bagley who only played 12 games for me. I also drafted Brogdon and Fox who have missed major time. I drafted Clarke who was a nice sleeper and he is has not played in a few weeks now. I should have dropped Bagley after the 1st month but they kept saying he would be back. He came back for about two weeks and then out again.

I think I will be passing on Kawhi next draft also. His every other game off along with everyone else missing games did me no favors this season.

I’m surprised you weren’t better. When I look at squads in our league, yours is in my top 3 fav rosters. 

Load management is a load of crap 💩. Ok fine it’s not but I’m old school I’m used to taping the $hit up and playing till  your limb 🦵 is falling off. 😏 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

In our league, i have Gobert and Ben Simmons, who won’t even be evaluated again until after the fantasy playoffs 😞

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Eddielives said:

https://samharris.org/podcasts/191-early-thoughts-pandemic/

If you are confused, scared, curious, etc., give this a listen.

Interesting listen. Also check out this Michael Osterholm guy on the Joe Rogan podcast from a day or two ago.  

http://podcasts.joerogan.net/podcasts/michael-osterholm

• Like 1

• Premium Member

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28888995/what-know-know-nba-suspension-play

What will happen to the teams in Oklahoma City?
It is unclear. After the game was postponed, members of both teams -- as well as some media members -- were waiting to be tested for the coronavirus. ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski reported late Wednesday night that the Jazz will be, at least for now, quarantined in Oklahoma City. Some COVID-19 tests currently in use can take days to come back. ESPN's Royce Young reported Oklahoma City's players were not tested and sent home.

What's next? 
At least some players from teams who played against the Jazz in recent days -- the Toronto Raptors, Detroit Pistons, Boston Celtics, New York Knicks and Cleveland Cavaliers -- are being told to self-quarantine. Some players and coaches from those teams were also scrambling to be tested as early as Wednesday night after learning of Gobert's diagnosis, league sources said.

It doesn't end there. Recent opponents of the Jazz have also played other teams. There have been more than a dozen referees who have worked Jazz games over the past week and gone on to officiate other games. By late Wednesday night, players who'd come in contact with the Jazz were seeking tests for the virus, sources said.

Tests are hard to get in some places; how are the players being tested so fast?
Over the past week, the league office advised teams to work with health providers to make testing available to its players and visiting teams. Last weekend, the Golden State Warriors' Stephen Curry was tested for COVID-19 after he came down with flu-like symptoms in San Francisco and the test came back negative.

How long will the suspension last?
The regular-season stoppage will be at least two weeks so all players affected can go through quarantine and, one hopes, be cleared of the virus. In reality, it probably will be longer. By comparison, when the virus broke out in China, the Chinese Basketball Association suspended play in late January. The CBA is in the process of resuming play in early April, roughly a 10-week layoff.

What will NBA teams do in the meantime?
That is unclear. Mavericks owner Mark Cuban said Wednesday night that the league had said teams could continue to practice. However, that might not be practical if there was widespread self-quarantine in the short term.

Will the players be paid?
Almost certainly yes. It is in everyone's interest for the league to continue playing at some later date to allow both the NBA and its players to finish the season and make the money the league normally would have been expected to.

There is, however, a provision in the collective bargaining agreement that would allow for the league to not pay players for missed games during extreme events, including an epidemic.

Per ESPN's Bobby Marks:
According to the Collective Bargaining Agreement, Article XXXIX, section 5, players lose 1/92.6 of their salary for every game missed as a result of a Force Majeure Event ("FME") -- this refers to events or conditions that makes it impossible for the NBA to perform its obligation under the CBA.

The following events are covered: "wars or war-like action (whether actual or threatened and whether conventional or other, including, but not limited to, chemical or biological wars or war-like action); sabotage, terrorism or threats of sabotage or terrorism; explosions; epidemics; weather or natural disasters, including, but not limited to, fires, floods, droughts, hurricanes, tornadoes, storms or earthquakes; and any governmental order or action (civil or military); provided, however, that none of the foregoing enumerated events or conditions is within the reasonable control of the NBA or an NBA Team."

The financial cost is a big reason there is the expectation, according to sources, that the current season will resume at a later date, even if that means the 2020-21 season starts later than expected.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Good ur ass is running away with it. Lol. I kid. Pimp on!

Yeah, i’ll  at least have bragging rights that my team has the best regular season record 2 years in a row.  But, You don’t have to worry about my team in the playoffs now  😔

No Gobert , No Simmons , and Zach Lavine is out , but since i have a first round bye  , he could possibly be back , if the nba starts up again. 

• Haha 2