• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coronavirus!

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, marco102 said:

even the healthy people who can combat this should stay home.

Or, at least, make a deliberate attempt to stay away from all gray-haired people for awhile, out of respect and regard for them.

• Like 4

• Moderators
1 hour ago, marco102 said:

I agree to this to an extent, but to stop the spread to the immune deficient, even the healthy people who can combat this should stay home.   The quarantine is warranted, but not the fighting over supplies. You can still go out and get stuff like normal.  I'm making my grocery delivery list like normal, just adding some additional Lysol wipes and extra food for the kids since they may be out of school.

Oh, I agree with preventative maintenance.  I've been using Lysol daily at work, washing my hands more than normal, and dosing up on Vitamin C, but that's the extent of my virus concern. If I catch it, then I'll catch it and I'll be miserable in bed for a week. I'm not going to change due to fear and I will go about my daily bidness as normal.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I don't understand the panicked overshopping (especially of certain items) but I understand why in a sense....for weeks leading up to Wednesday's NBA debacle, you've been hearing stuff like .....'it's nothing to worry about, just the flu, hoax, it's a them problem', it's under control in the USA, curremt cases will be down to Zero, etc.....now in a matter of 2 days Rudy Gobert happened, NBA suspended, the entirety of the sports world is on pause, Gov't officials self quarantining, colleges transitioning to online learning, busines going to work from home, churches to onlines services, high and elementary schools out for 2 weeks going to virtual learning (what happens to the poorest kids that don't have and can't afford access or have a device).......and with two words National Emergency........this is why the supermarkets got overrun so quickly with thousands of people just trying to get just the basics for being home with kids and they themselves for at least the next two weeks. And it's not like a vacation sit at home and do nothing with the kids. I'll now have to do 6th grade math 😳 .

Lack of forethought, facts, planning and response leading up to Wednesday.........severely lacking, didn't afford most to plan and prepare accordingly.

Can someone explain the toilet paper frenzy, this is all I've found:

Screenshot_20200311-213116_Facebook.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't understand the panicked overshopping (especially of certain items) but I understand why in a sense....for weeks leading up to Wednesday's NBA debacle, you've been hearing stuff like .....'it's nothing to worry about, just the flu, hoax, it's a them problem', it's under control in the USA, curremt cases will be down to Zero, etc.....now in a matter of 2 days Rudy Gobert happened, NBA suspended, the entirety of the sports world is on pause, Gov't officials self quarantining, colleges transitioning to online learning, busines going to work from home, churches to onlines services, high and elementary schools out for 2 weeks going to virtual learning (what happens to the poorest kids that don't have and can't afford access or have a device).......and with two words National Emergency........this is why the supermarkets got overrun so quickly with thousands of people just trying to get just the basics for being home with kids and they themselves for at least the next two weeks. And it's not like a vacation sit at home and do nothing with the kids. I'll now have to do 6th grade math 😳 .

Lack of forethought, facts, planning and response leading up to Wednesday.........severely lacking, didn't afford most to plan and prepare accordingly.

Can someone explain the toilet paper frenzy, this is all I've found:

Screenshot_20200311-213116_Facebook.jpg

The media has caused the hysteria.  

• Like 2

Well I'm monitoring myself right now. I want to blame my sore throat and mild cough on my teenager, who came in the house sneezing and coughing on Thursday afternoon.  But I think I got this from work, because I felt this coming on Thursday morning. Took her to the doctor. She supposedly just has an allergy.

No fever for me. No headaches.  Slight soreness in throat mainly when I cough. Can't "social distance" because i'm fielding request like a DJ going back and forth to the store.

I'm a firm believer in lemon, ginger and honey concoctions, combined with alla seltzer cold plus to quickly knock out minor ailments.  So if this is minor, I should be at 100% by tomorrow night.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't understand the panicked overshopping (especially of certain items)

It’s insane. How much do you use the bathroom to hoard all that toilet paper 🧻. Plus as a society it shows greed that your only thinking of yourself and stocking up. We need to take what we need and stop hoarding. 

I am not saying this isn’t serious but people out there acting extreme. They bought all the pasta 🍝 and ground beef too. 😳 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

DJ going back and forth to the store.

I like the waaaaaaaayyyyy you move dun dun dun I like the waaaaaaaayyyyyyy you move!!!

Way to go solider. Provide that $hit for ur fam brotha! ✊🏾 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

So much for normal temperature.   99.5 right now.   Popped 2 Tylenol to see if that will bring it back down to normal + a teaspoon of honey.

About to quarantine myself into the den.

Hope you're aright man. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Whoa, Christian Wood tested positive.  Guarded Gobert recently.

Scary stuff.  Probably means more players and personnel have it.

Not to sound like an alarmist, I'm pretty sure there are alot more people with it that haven't been tested.  Everyone I've seen that's had it and posted about it, seems to the very mild cases.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I live away from a small town in the country.  Everything seems normal here and nothing is closed.  I'm a car guy so I have a 40x40 garage behind my house that I'm spending alot of time in.  It has a lift for the hotrod.  Large screen tv area with a large stuffed chair.  I did go to the movies last night and watch "I still believe" and it was packed out.  Nobody at the theatre seemed to feel bad.   Just another day in rural America.  

• Like 1

My wife has some friends that were out in downtown Decatur and they said it was like a snow day, restaurants and stores packed, people at the parks with their snotty little kids coughing on everything. For all the talk and fuss it seemed like business as usual. Out in Podunkville where @Vol4ever lives I'd expect that more than in downtown Decatur. That kind of crap is how @TheNorthCydeRises got that 'Rona. 

Edited by LamarHampton
  • Like 2

• Moderators

Living ITP, it has been a little impactful on the streets and shops. The St. Patty's Weekend bars rolled right on through the night, Erin Go Bragh and whatnot.

But I get the sense, among the reasonably healthy and well-to-do, that for most folks it's like, "Let's get out here and have a good time out... ((looks at several segments of Europe))... while we all still have a choice." It's as if we're out here singing a certain R.E.M. song whose refrain ends with, "And I feel FINE!"

I do feel for all of us wage workers and folks who have to interface with customers directly to make a living. The retail market workers are SO stressed right now, and not just because of the patrons. Even if you only interface with widgets all day and clock in and out in an industrial setting, it's a growing challenge to just show up and treat things as Business As Usual. Not everyone will get to just hole themselves up at home and still expect to get paid on the regular, and my heart goes out to them.

~lw3

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1