• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coronavirus!

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators

Just trying to share info that i think is getting drowned out.  This is the situation in Albany GA.  Not a very large town.  67 patients in the hospital with suspected c19.  6 tested postiive and others are waiting up to a week for test results.  

Phoebe Putney, perhaps more than any Georgia hospital, has been flooded with possible virus patients. Officials said they have been waiting for days for test results on 67 patients now in that hospital.

Five inpatients have already tested positive for COVID-19, and the lab result for a sixth patient came back positive on Tuesday, hospital spokesman Ben Roberts said. He added that 31 staff members, including doctors and nurses, are “self-isolating’’ at home, having experienced symptoms of coronavirus

Scores of local residents have been tested and are waiting for results while still in the community, said Phoebe Putney CEO Scott Steiner. He said many hospital patients have waited seven days for results.

Phoebe officials told GHN that they have been running low on personal protective equipment – masks, gowns, gloves, face shields, goggles and shoe covers – a need echoed by many hospitals in the stat

https://www.wabe.org/3-albany-deaths-may-be-linked-to-coronavirus/

67 in the hospital is a lot especially for Albany.   So you can figure there's probably 3 or 4 times that number not hospitalized and hopefully they are isolated but if they don't show symptoms they won't know.  We really need to be moving much faster on testing everybody.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

Speaking of Albany, two confirmed fatalities today due to the virus. The whole Phoebe system has over 400 people awaiting results from all of their locations at this point. Americus included. Home turf right there you know.

https://www.ajc.com/news/state--regional-govt--politics/two-coronavirus-deaths-confirmed-southwest-georgia-total-now/0fepRARSwXkaXro4S3yQuO/

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

With the lack of testing across the board as a nation wonder what the probable preferential testing of the entire league's timeline will end up being. The last time the Nets played the Jazz was January 14th but have four guys with the virus at this point and with others showing symptoms. So it is indeed everywhere.

NBA commissioner Adam Silver told ESPN's Rachel Nichols on Wednesday that eight teams had been tested since Utah Jazz center Rudy Gobert tested positive for COVID-19 and the league suspended its season last Wednesday.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28923660/nbpa-michele-roberts-defends-players-critical-government-virus-testing

28 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

That's crazy that CBA is starting back up.   

Well kind of but aren’t they a few month ahead of us Corona wise? It would be like us starting the NBA back up in June. 
Not sure though could be mistaken.

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Well kind of but aren’t they a few month ahead of us Corona wise? It would be like us starting the NBA back up in June. 

This morning China stated yesterday was their first day with no new urban cases. Take that for what it is worth and possibly with a grain of salt.

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Definitely but it's not like there's a vaccine or the virus is gone.  seems like once we return to normal life it will start spreading again. 

18 minutes ago, Thomas said:

This morning China stated yesterday was their first day with no new urban cases. Take that for what it is worth and possibly with a grain of salt.

Yeah, that grain of salt might be as big as the rock of Gibraltar.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@TheNorthCydeRises how are you doing?

I was doing better until about 4 pm yesterday.

I had an incident where my heart rate shot up and I started to feel short of breath.  It passed after about 10 minutes.  This was more like a panic attack than anything else.  I haven't had any issues with my breathing whatsoever outside of this.

I popped the Claritin soon after, and I had a very good night of rest.  Right now, the worst thing I have right now is a little sniffling and coughing up phelgm once every 3 hours, like a typical springtime allergy.

If I do have this, this would be Day 7 according to when I first started to have symptoms last Friday ( really Thursday night ).  The next few days normally makes or breaks whether people start to really develop flu-like symptoms and pneunomia. 

As I've stated, under normal circumstances, I'd be at work right now.  I know for a fact that there were people in that office last week who were worse off than I am right now.  And I feel around 90%.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I was doing better until about 4 pm yesterday.

I had an incident where my heart rate shot up and I started to feel short of breath.  It passed after about 10 minutes.  This was more like a panic attack than anything else.  I haven't had any issues with my breathing whatsoever outside of this.

I popped the Claritin soon after, and I had a very good night of rest.  Right now, the worst thing I have right now is a little sniffling and coughing up phelgm once every 3 hours, like a typical springtime allergy.

If I do have this, this would be Day 7 according to when I first started to have symptoms last Friday ( really Thursday night ).  The next few days normally makes or breaks whether people start to really develop flu-like symptoms and pneunomia. 

As I've stated, under normal circumstances, I'd be at work right now.  I know for a fact that there were people in that office last week who were worse off than I am right now.  And I feel around 90%.

Thanks for the update North.  I hope you keep trending up!

• Like 4

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Thanks for the update North.  I hope you keep trending up!

Exactly.  Everybody is pulling for you to either not have it or to go through on the mild symptom side of the bell curve if you do.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Definitely but it's not like there's a vaccine or the virus is gone.  seems like once we return to normal life it will start spreading again. 

Nope. The virus 🦠 needs ya to continue to live. If we practice social distancing and keep our $hit clean 🧼 it’s going to die out, not completely but eventually until vaccine 💉 

2 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

But what about scarves?

~lw3

Key words . . . "within city limits".

So will Fulton Co and the rest of Metro Atlanta do the same?  Or have they started already?

The entertainers in the city will start making house calls and doing house parties now.  They'll get their money.  The club owners, however, may not survive.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 3/17/2020 at 12:10 PM, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

4565 reported positive cases for COVID in the US.  Of that, only 87 deaths. That's 1.9% of positive cases. Compared to the entire US population, that's 0.0013% of people in the US have COVID.  

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/03/16/816707182/map-tracking-the-spread-of-the-coronavirus-in-the-u-s

I leave this thread alone for a month and we'll see where we're at then... I'll eat crow if the numbers double.

Sadly, you won't have to wait 1 month, not even 1 week for the numbers to double....but just 3 days:

10,684 reported positive cases, 154 deaths😩

It was expected, more testing = more positive results

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/03/16/816707182/map-tracking-the-spread-of-the-coronavirus-in-the-u-s

• Like 4
  • Sad 1